Player Reactions to Vols Seeding

Jonboy

Everyone pretty much agrees that we got snubbed so now it's all about how our guys react. Here are a few tweets from Wes Rucker that give us some insight into what they are thinking. Obviously, actions speak louder than words, but at least it's a start.

"Scotty Hopson said he hopes the Vols win a national championship and send CBS's Seth Davis a ring to thank him for motivation."

"Bobby Maze noted the humor in CBS's Seth Davis picking UT to lose in the 1st round when UT beat Kansas and Kentucky on CBS."

Maze: "Maybe that dude wasn't watching his own channel that day."

Brian Williams: "A 5 would have been a little off, but I could see that. But a 6? Man, that’s crazy."

More here: Wes Rucker (wesrucker) on Twitter

If Scotty's motivation stems from what one analyst thinks about them, then we have some problems.

Hopefully this motivates the team, it seems like they have to have things to motivate them to play well.

If Scotty's motivation stems from what one analyst thinks about them, then we have some problems.

If that's the case then I will pay analysts on the side to talk smack about Scotty if it will fire his ass up. Nothing else seems to

Scotty tweeted: A 6 seed?!?!?!?
Pat Forde tweeted back: Best not to give committee 29-point loss as last memory.

Quit the bell aching regarding the perceived snub. The last 2 wks of the season weigh heavily on the seeding and UT had two good wins against UK and MSU and two bad losses against UK and UF.

The only way to overcome a bad seed is to go win the games one at a time. This Vol team is very hard to predict but they do seem to do well as an underdog. As far as Hopson is concerned he has been a major disappointment. He is capable, but seems to be undisciplined and loses focus. Might bring him off the bench again to see if that helps him. His shooting was awful during the SEC tournament.

Bobby Maze: "What do u do when your back is against the wall, when everyone is doubting you and your team u prove them thats the only thing on my mind"

And, this just furthers the argument that conference tournaments should just die a quick and swift death. The Ivy League is the only conference that does it right.

VN Store

Back