How deep a run will the Vols make?

How deep a run?

• Total voters

lawgator1

I am very surprised by your seeding. I thought at absolute worst you would be a 5, but a 4 would have been more appropriate. The only thing I can think of is that you have lacked consistency. So, who shows up? The team that beat Kansas, or the team with big losses to UF and Kentucky?

they'll play better than the UK loss (i dont think they'll be as gassed as they were yesterday). But i'm not sure you can really say further than 1-2 rounds deep

yeah everyone seemed suprised at our seeding (except for Pat Forde, who said we're among his "truly mostly junk" teams)

we may lose first round, or we may go to the elite 8, depends on what team shows up.

i feel like we can get past SDSU if we play decent, and i really feel like we can take G'town (they wont play at the same level as the big east tourney). and i like the matchup with Ohio St if we happen to get there. I feel like JP can slow down Turner, who creates their entire offense.

realistically we lose to G'town, but, if we bring KU/UK effort we will make some noise

SDSU is a terrible matchup for us. Long and athletic and relentless full court pressers. Led their league in TO margin and has good wins over New Mexico(2) and UNLV. Close losses to BYU and Arizona State.

They shoot FT's poorly and only have 1 experienced big man. UT must control tempo or we will be one and done...JMO---- GBO

SDSU is a terrible matchup for us. Long and athletic and relentless full court pressers. Led their league in TO margin and has good wins over New Mexico(2) and UNLV. Close losses to BYU and Arizona State.

They shoot FT's poorly and only have 1 experienced big man. UT must control tempo or we will be one and done...JMO---- GBO

I have heard several people say they are long and athletic, so is UT. Not a big deal.

I'd rather play a long/athletic team than a team that has 2 of the top 3 picks in the draft.

bottom line, whatever UT team shows up will determine how far we go.

They don't make it to next weekend. They might do a repeat of last years tourney, one and done.

This is all pending we show up...

I like our odds to get to the sweet 16, even the elite 8. We be G'town last year, and I think we can beat osu in 40 minutes if we play with effort. But then we're talkin a re-match with kansas, in a similar situation where fatigue could play a role... like it might have yesterday against Kentucky.

All rounds, especially SDSU, we will have to play our best basketball. GBO

Not too worried about SDSU...but Georgetown is absolutely SCARY, especially with how possessed Monroe has been as of late. However, a Sweet 16 matchup with Ohio St. is extremely winnable, and that would be fun to watch.

If this team plays motivated and inspired they can one of the most dangerous teams in the tourney they just got to believe in themselves.

VN Store

Back