Initial Bracket Thoughts.

hatvol96

1. I now officially have no idea what the criteria for selection is anymore. Not real sure about seeding, either.
2. The Selection Committee should be embarrassed with the deference they showed Duke. Their bias is obvious and disgraceful.
3. Imagine that, Kentucky and West Virginia in the same region. I'm sure it's coincidence the Mountaineers being underseeded ensures Cal and Huggs won't both be in the Final Four in the 'AAs backyard.
4. Tennessee is at least one line, probably two, below where they should be. Not sure how their body of work is worse than a number of the 4s and 5s.
5. There are great 5-12 matchups. Too bad Temple and Cornell had to both get screwed to set up the best one.
6. Florida should be thrilled. There's no way they should have been anything better than one of the last two at large teams.
7. Dan Guerrero is a douche. Just tell the truth, the Committee is carrying Duke's water.
8. Utah State is deserving of their bid. Stew Morrill has a blanket offer for home and home series with anyone out there, but nobody takes them up on it.
9. Baylor-Sam Houston State will be intriguing. I think the Bearkats can compete in that one.
10. New Mexico, while good, is over their head in that region. If they survive the first weekend, they have no shot the next.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

What do you think about our matchup with SD State? I saw they have already beaten New Mexico...twice.

What do you think about our matchup with SD State? I saw they have already beaten New Mexico...twice.

They are a good team even if we beat them we have to play Georgetown to get to the sweet 16. Not looking good for us...

Although if we do make it out of the initial weekend I like our matchups afterwards...

Vandy's resume is no way 2 seeds better than ours.

Second year in a row we got robbed on our seeding.

The only thing I can find is that maybe they weren't impressed with our road wins? I'm honestly not sure what the deciding factor was.

Vandy's resume is no way 2 seeds better than ours.

Second year in a row we got robbed on our seeding.
Vandy beat Tennessee twice this year along with losing to USC and a couple of other bad losses.

They are a good team even if we beat them we have to play Georgetown to get to the sweet 16. Not looking good for us...

Although if we do make it out of the initial weekend I like our matchups afterwards...
People forget that we beat Georgetown last year on a neutral court...with similar rosters.

Edit: THIS CAME FROM WES RUCKER'S TWITTER ACCOUNT Don't want the plagiarism police to arrest me.

Last edited:
UT cannot give SDSU any opportunities or we'll find ourselves out in the first round. Fire on all cylinders and win a game we're supposed to.

How about a quick scouting report on San Diego State?
Their frontline is really good. Kawhi Leonard will be an NBA player. Billy White is really good. Their guards are decent, not great.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hat, you are one of the best at analyzing this. I completely missed the significance of the West VA and Kentucky.

The criteria and the seeding is a total mystery. I feel sorry for all of these people who "buy" these services such as rpi, etc. They must not mean a thing.

I will never pay any attention to these so-called experts again concerning their predictions of the brackets.

Kansas is the team that really got screwed.

I'm obviously a Duke homer, but every year they get a favorable draw, to be honest.

How about a quick scouting report on San Diego State?

Coach Steve Fisher used an infusion of upperclassmen and fresh faces to help guide San Diego State to its sixth NCAA tournament appearance and first since 2006. The Aztecs secured its NCAA fate by winning the Mountain West Conference championship, 55-45, over UNLV. Returning starters Billy White and D.J. Gay met expectations and even helped overcome the loss of Tim Shelton, who played just three games due to recurring knee issues. But the real wild card was Fisher's heralded recruiting class, led by California native Kawhi Leonard. The MWC Freshman of the Year and first freshman in the history of the MWC to earn first-team conference honors led the Aztecs in scoring (12.8 ppg) and rebounding (9.9 rpg). He even had a career-high 21 rebounds in the clinching win over UNLV. Freshman Chase Tapley and junior college transfer Malcolm Thomas are also key first-year players for the Aztecs. Per CBS Sports

My first thoughts when I saw Michigan St. and Maryland in the 4 and 5 in that regions was "Whew, dodged a bullet."

It's absolutely awful that UT wasn't even the worst example of a jobbing. No way Illinois and Miss St. shouldn't get the nods over Florida and Utah St.

The immediate question for UTfans is "Does UT get mad and motivated by the Committee's snubbing? Or, does the team just pout and get sent packing?"

VN Store

Back