Weekend Recap.

hatvol96

1. UT looked very good Friday and awful on Saturday. That's a recipe for disaster next week.
2. Dee Bost is the most underrated player in the SEC. I'm as guilty as anyone of not giving him his proper credit.
3. If the eye test is the most important factor, and it should be, Mississippi State should be in the field. They showed the last two days they are capable of winning NCAA Tournament games.
4. Nobody left out of the field this year should complain. This is the weakest at large pool of all time.
5. There's something surreal about hearing an impromptu John Denver concert in MSG. West Virginia certainly earned it.
6. Bruce Weber simply isn't a very good coach. The possessions at the end of regulation and the first overtime for the Illini yesterday were disgraceful.
7. Georgetown probably has the widest range of NCAA outcomes of anyone in the field. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in Indy and wouldn't be shocked if they lost Day 1.
8. If Utah State doesn't make the field, it sends a real message to mid majors. It says the regular season is 100% irrelevant.
9. I wish Gus Johnson could do every tournament game. He's the best.
10. Can't wait to get to New Orleans and get things tipped off. Nothing like the Hoops Holy Days of the first weekend.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Do you see us dropping a seed or 2 due to our performance yesterday?

Joe Lunardi had us as a 4 seed before the SEC tourney and a 4 seed now

Dee Bost choked a one and one at the end, but so did Vanardo. I agree that MSU passes the eye test the last three games. They fail the body of work test, however. Got to hand it to Stansbury by sitting Johnson against KY earlier in the year. That took guts. Everyone (short of the highest seeds) have some bad losses, but MSU is going to have to schedule tougher if they are going to suffer some bad losses like they did.

If Lunardi is right and MSU and FL both get left out while Illinois and Minn both get in, something is wrong.

I agree on Gus Johnson. The guys calling the SEC games sounded like Joe Dean in the old days the way they were making love to Kentucky the entire weekend.

1. UT looked very good Friday and awful on Saturday. That's a recipe for disaster next week.
2. Dee Bost is the most underrated player in the SEC. I'm as guilty as anyone of not giving him his proper credit.
3. If the eye test is the most important factor, and it should be, Mississippi State should be in the field. They showed the last two days they are capable of winning NCAA Tournament games.
4. Nobody left out of the field this year should complain. This is the weakest at large pool of all time.
5. There's something surreal about hearing an impromptu John Denver concert in MSG. West Virginia certainly earned it.
6. Bruce Weber simply isn't a very good coach. The possessions at the end of regulation and the first overtime for the Illini yesterday were disgraceful.
7. Georgetown probably has the widest range of NCAA outcomes of anyone in the field. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in Indy and wouldn't be shocked if they lost Day 1.
8. If Utah State doesn't make the field, it sends a real message to mid majors. It says the regular season is 100% irrelevant.
10. Can't wait to get to New Orleans and get things tipped off. Nothing like the Hoops Holy Days of the first weekend.

It also says they need to go out and play someone. Maybe not the case this year, but most of the time it's because Utah State won't challenge themselves.

UT held serve this wknd.
Yesterday was ugly, but we won the 2 we were supposed to.

Lundari is one of the only people still having us as a 4...I really hope he is right.

And point 10 is sooooooo true...

My first scheduled vacation every year are Thursday and Friday of the tourney. My favorite time of the year by far!

This

It also says they need to go out and play someone. Maybe not the case this year, but most of the time it's because Utah State won't challenge themselves.
I believe hat said in another thread that USU has a home-and-home offer to all comers, but nobody takes them up on it.

I believe hat said in another thread that USU has a home-and-home offer to all comers, but nobody takes them up on it.

Bite the bullet and go out for a paycheck game. I would say that would earn the committee's respect. Then again, after the events of today, I'm not really sure anymore.

Agreed. I think today might have affected the opinions of at least a few ADs and head coaches of big-time programs regarding tough non-conference scheduling.

Oh man, if OHIO beats Georgetown, greatest thing ever. Then if we got to play UT, it would be awesome, but I wouldn't know what to do.

VN Store

Back