Postgame Quotes (3/13/10)

Jonboy

I'm curious to see what Pearl had to say after the game, but I can never get the audio to play on the utsports website. Anybody have a link to the transcript?

Thanks. Disappointing game for me. I need to go for a walk and calm down. On to the NCAA tourney.

Yeah, disappointing all around. UK really handed it to us. They are a very talented team. Of course, this is like playing an NBA squad (at least from the fact that we know Calipari is paying these guys . . . HA!)

Oh, I also love the accolades that they continue to heap on Calipari for his past "accomplishments" without any reference at all to the major NCAA violations that he has left in his wake. For some reason, I think that most other coaches in that same situation would get at least some brief mention about a "controversial past," but for some reason Calipari seems to get a pass from everyone except Bob Knight. Oh well, doesn't change the fact that we got beat down today, but just thought it was interesting. You'd think that Calipari was as squeaky clean as Coach K from the way these sideline guys talk about him.

Go Vols!

and Anybody besides Kentucky!!!!

Yeah I often wonder the same thing. I mean you think this guy would be blacklisted for the first class POS that he is but instead he's everybody's coach of the year. Only in America...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If Calipari gets any kind of coach of the year award the entire system is flawed. Look at mark fox, BP, kevin stallings, and a ton of other coaches who have done more with less talent than him. All JC does is roll a ball out to his players and they do the rest

If Calipari gets any kind of coach of the year award the entire system is flawed. Look at mark fox, BP, kevin stallings, and a ton of other coaches who have done more with less talent than him. All JC does is roll a ball out to his players and they do the rest

I'm not saying he's COTY, but to say his coaching ability is irrelevant to his success is simply asinine.

Its hard to argue w/ CBP W/L record but man in some of these big games away from Tommy Bowl we are so POOR on the offensive end... Since JuJuan & Lofton have left we have NO perimeter scorers. Someone needs to teach Bruce and his staff how to evaluate talent - Melvin Goins what a joke and EVEN bigger joke we took that guy from JUCO; SPearl playing big minutes against the #2 team in the Country.. We;re just not a VERY good team althuogh our record says otherwise it shows Bruce is a great coach but not a great evaluater of talent. There's only millions of kids playing basketball too choose from surely there are some guys in this Country who can score on the perimeter. At times (mostly due to foul trouble) we had guys on the court who would have a hard time scoring on a NAIA team..With that said as horribly as we were today Kentucky isn't a whole lot better on the offensive end; although they can penetrate from the perimeter and finish from time to time. The REFS sucked too.....

Its hard to argue w/ CBP W/L record but man in some of these big games away from Tommy Bowl we are so POOR on the offensive end... Since JuJuan & Lofton have left we have NO perimeter scorers. Someone needs to teach Bruce and his staff how to evaluate talent - Melvin Goins what a joke and EVEN bigger joke we took that guy from JUCO; SPearl playing big minutes against the #2 team in the Country.. We;re just not a VERY good team althuogh our record says otherwise it shows Bruce is a great coach but not a great evaluater of talent. There's only millions of kids playing basketball too choose from surely there are some guys in this Country who can score on the perimeter. At times (mostly due to foul trouble) we had guys on the court who would have a hard time scoring on a NAIA team..With that said as horribly as we were today Kentucky isn't a whole lot better on the offensive end; although they can penetrate from the perimeter and finish from time to time. The REFS sucked too.....
Everyone seems to forget we are down 3 players (Tyler, E-man, and Josh Tabb). S. Pearl wouldn't be playing if we had them.

VN Store

Back