Seed Predictions

Jonboy

I'm saying a low 4.

And I hope and pray they put us in Kentucky's region.

5. That was an awful showing and I think the selection committee will treat us like last year.

In the long run it doesn't matter. I'm not as afraid of the 12 as everyone else is. Especially when we dropped the tourney record on LBSU 3 years ago.

4 seed in either Dukes or Syracuse's bracket... or a 5 seed in Kansas's Bracket.

4. Tennessee played 3 games in as many days, against the most talented team in the country that only played one game before ours. These are not circumstances that you get in the NCAA tournament, so the way we played isn't really indicative of how we will perform in the tournament. I think the committee will recognize that. But I wouldn't be surprised if we got a 5. Honestly, there isn't a whole lot of difference.

considering that Maryland, Texas A&M, Baylor, Michigan State and Wisconsin all lost early, I think we still have a good shot at a 4.

4 seed in either Dukes or Syracuse's bracket... or a 5 seed in Kansas's Bracket.

huh, so feasibly we could become the first team since 2002 to beat #1 and #2.....and then possibly lose to #1 and #2 later in the same year

what would that count as irony?

I'd say a 4 seed. Because i cant come up with 16 teams better than tennessee......i'm gonna go with

#1 seeds- Syracuse, Kentucky, Kansas, Duke
#2 seeds- Kansas State, West Virginia, Ohio State, Purdue
#3 seeds- Baylor, Georgetown, Michigan State, Villanova
#4 seeds- Tennessee, BYU, Pittsburgh, Vandy

I just don't like the fact that we had to play two lesser opponents in our first two games in the SEC tournament. The SEC needs to look at seeding the tourney different. Our guys looked tired....not makin excuses but hell 4 games in 4 days. THAT"S TOUGH But then again if we would have had a bye and played the way we did against LSU who knows what would have happened lol

Last edited:
I'd say a 4 seed. Because i cant come up with 16 teams better than tennessee......i'm gonna go with

#1 seeds- Syracuse, Kentucky, Kansas, Duke
#2 seeds- Kansas State, West Virginia, Ohio State, Purdue
#3 seeds- Baylor, Georgetown, Michigan State, Villanova
#4 seeds- Tennessee, BYU, Pittsburgh, Vandy

I just don't like the fact that we had two play two lesser opponents in our first two games in the SEC tournament. The SEC needs to look at seeding the tourney different. Our guys looked tired....not makin excuses but hell 4 games in 4 days. TOUGH

Is that your order from best to worst? Like is Syracuse ur #1 overall seed team?

It really helped that Baylor, Gonzaga, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Texas A&M, and Maryland have all lost within this week. I'll go with a 4 in the West Region (1 seed:DUKE)

It really helped that Baylor, Gonzaga, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Texas A&M, and Maryland have all lost within this week. I'll go with a 4 in the West Region (1 seed:DUKE)

Good lord i hope so.....i dont like duke that much at all this year. They are playin good but theres just somethin not there i guess. This is one number one seed i wouldnt have a problem with playin.

I completely agree, I believe Duke would be our best matchup for us. I think we could definitely hang with them. I think we could out rebound them. Although, Duke would kill us at the free throw line. Anyone know how good of a zone they have this year?

They won't drop us to a five just because we lost this game. We were probably a four going into this game and loss keeps us there and win would've given us a chance at a 3.

Does anyone think Vanderbilt will beat us out of a seed?? We need Temple to lose in their game tomorrow. If they do, I think we get a 4 seed for sure

Does anyone think Vanderbilt will beat us out of a seed?? We need Temple to lose in their game tomorrow. If they do, I think we get a 4 seed for sure

I'm not sure about how Temple losing effects that, but Vandy lost today to a worse team than we did....and I think our resumé's better, so I really dont think they'll beat us out of a seed placement

Vandy lost to Mississippi State which helps us. Had they won, it would have been very likely. However, Temple losing tomorrow would still be very nice to see. But all in all, whether its a 4 or a 5, I'm not sure it matters to much. I'm just more concerned about which bracket we get put in. To often in the past we get covered up in a loaded bracket ya know?

Vandy lost to Mississippi State which helps us. Had they won, it would have been very likely. However, Temple losing tomorrow would still be very nice to see. But all in all, whether its a 4 or a 5, I'm not sure it matters to much. I'm just more concerned about which bracket we get put in. To often in the past we get covered up in a loaded bracket ya know?

you are right. we want the highest 4 seed so we can play the worst 1 seed. hopefully duke

VN Store

Back