It's actually pretty simple

flowingaway

This basketball team just isn't consistent from game to game. The only consistent thing about them is that they're inconsistent.

Also FWIW, the refs didn't cause UT to totally freak out when UK applied their super aggressive extended man to man defense. They were totally unprepared for that.

Looks to me like they hate each other too. I am just glad we have Bruce Pearl. He has done a great job with a team that lost 5 players from last year that were players he should have had on this team. Think about it he lost R. Smith T. Smith D. Crews J. Tabb and E. Negadu what could have been. We still could make a run hope we do but he is bringing in top talent for the years to come. Go Vols!!!

Looks to me like they hate each other too. I am just glad we have Bruce Pearl. He has done a great job with a team that lost 5 players from last year that were players he should have had on this team. Think about it he lost R. Smith T. Smith D. Crews J. Tabb and E. Negadu what could have been. We still could make a run hope we do but he is bringing in top talent for the years to come. Go Vols!!!

Ramar and Duke played last year? LOL please get a clue.

I'm not blaming the refs for our poor play or for the loss. I'm pointing out that there was never a fair game to be played.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That just isnt Scotty Hopson's tournament. He just struggles in the SECT. He'll be back to normal for the big dance and Tennessee will be fine

That being said, it's still not enough for a 29 point swing.

You can't determine how a game would end that was never officiated correctly and or fairly. Plain and simple. Would we have one? IMO no, I woke up worried about stopping those MF's, but that's a moot point when the integrity of the contest is compromised.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It is simple. They are better than us. They have two players who are NBA top three picks and equivalent or better role players. Today they came out and punched us in the mouth, and a combination of them wanting it as much or more, us being tired, and us being unable to make shots kept us constantly behind the eight ball. Once we finally ran out of gas they just rolled us over.

Also, Steven Pearl cannot be on the floor with Cousins in the game(Dane would box out Cousins, no one on our team now seems to know how to do that), and Kenny Hall went from exciting young player to questionable bench piece over the course of the year. The guy has literally shown nothing in two months. We really need to get another big in this class.

]It is simple. They are better than us[/B]. They have two players who are NBA top three picks and equivalent or better role players. Today they came out and punched us in the mouth, and a combination of them wanting it as much or more, us being tired, and us being unable to make shots kept us constantly behind the eight ball. Once we finally ran out of gas they just rolled us over.

Also, Steven Pearl cannot be on the floor with Cousins in the game(Dane would box out Cousins, no one on our team now seems to know how to do that), and Kenny Hall went from exciting young player to questionable bench piece over the course of the year. The guy has literally shown nothing in two months. We really need to get another big in this class.
That's all that really needs to be said. Line these two teams up ten times and UK wins nine of them. There isn't a answer for Cousins and good luck trying to keep Wall out of the lane.

This basketball team just isn't consistent from game to game. The only consistent thing about them is that they're inconsistent.

I argue that they actually were pretty consistent when playing on the road--they had a consistently bad offense. We don't have any good outside shooters yet continue to fire up three point shots.

Sure there are a few spots were they played otherwise, but that's the general theme.

I argue that they actually were pretty consistent when playing on the road--they had a consistently bad offense. We don't have any good outside shooters yet continue to fire up three point shots.

why do they have such bad offense? why do they continue to jack up 3s when there % is so bad?

Also FWIW, the refs didn't cause UT to totally freak out when UK applied their super aggressive extended man to man defense. They were totally unprepared for that.

Exactly right and frustrating as hell!

That's all that really needs to be said. Line these two teams up ten times and UK wins nine of them. There isn't a answer for Cousins and good luck trying to keep Wall out of the lane.

Tennessee wins 4-5 out of 10 against kentucky IMO. Kentucky has talent no doubt, but they can either lose in the 2nd round or make to the final 4. Neither would surprise me. When Tennessee plays like they are capable of playing, they can beat anybody in the country(kansas).
Tennessee shot the ball terriable and kentucky hit shots down the stretch.

The best thing CBP can do right now is burn the game tape. Don't even watch it. They simply wanted it more. Tired legs was a factor, but that's no excuse for giving up at the end of the game. I'm not even gonna mention the refs, that horse has been beat to death. Rest up boys, got a few more games to win.

VN Store

Back