Are we are a better team with Swiperboy, Bone, and Mcbee on the bench???

Yes. When they are getting outplayed by the likes of Steven Pearl, that's a clear indicator to me that they don't belong anywhere near the floor.

I don't know if they are much better, but it drove me nuts to see Pearl on the court. I could do the exact same thing he does, no exaggeration.

I don't know if they are much better, but it drove me nuts to see Pearl on the court. I could do the exact same thing he does, no exaggeration.

So you're willing to let a 250 lb man run you over in hopes of a charge? Let's get real here. He may not be the most athletic, but he fights and competes more than the rest of bench.

Some of the line ups Pearl puts on the floor have me in pass out mode. At least put 3 scorers in the game

I thought that Swiperboy did alright in the few seconds he played yesterday against Ole Miss...but i still wouldn't trust him

I just can't believe that Woolridge isn't a better option against a team like Kentucky than Pearl is. His guy barely comes outside the key to guard him. at least with woolridge there is a threat and it might actually open the lane a little bit. it was way too crowded in the paint to give our guys any room to operate

I highly doubt you could do anything he does on the court. He doesn't take plays off, he works hard, and does what he is asked to do. Not everyone on the floor is going to be a star. You have to have role players, and he is a good one.

Are we better w/ SwiperBoy, McBee, Bone on bench???[/QUOTE}

Yea SPearl gives us so much more than those guys....

How many times was he on the floor literally (on his backside) today??? I know one time he looked like he was rolling down a hill trying to get out to guard Bledsoe from draining another 3... Its so sad that this guy gets on the floor we are a JOKE, between signing the worst JUCO player in the history of D1 (Melvin Goins) and the SEC's worst player (SPearl) we won't last long in big dance... GO Bruce keep playing DADDY ball I hope we lsoe 1st round to end the misery...

Bruce has NO clue what talent is (playing Jr Pearl and Goins) I'm not so sure a blind man would ever put them two in a game. Bruce is a great coach our W/L shows it, we are NOT a good team. Bruce is poor observer of talent I would fire the coach that was in-charge of recruiting Goins, or I'd strip him of recruiting anyone else if that is best he could bring me. U can find a better PG at any HS in Knoxville than Goins. Knowing we signed him and NOT J. Steele (Knox Fulton) is embarassing..

Last edited:
Until everyone on this team shows for every game and plays up to their potential consistently, we'll continue to see line up schemes that we don't like for one reason or the other. The players are putting the coaches in this position. When every player starts to walk it instead of talk it, we have a great team. Until that time, these discussions will continue.

I would have at least let McBee try to hit some shots...

McBee is shooting a lower % from 3 than JP Prince. He's shown absolutely nothing to convince me that he deserves to get off the bench. I will be disappointed if he gets a scholarship next year.

McBee is shooting a lower % from 3 than JP Prince. He's shown absolutely nothing to convince me that he deserves to get off the bench. I will be disappointed if he gets a scholarship next year.

Well, when noone else is making any either... I would have explored other options!

Can he manage this? Can he become mentally tough enough to fulfill his promise? Scotty's a real project for Pearl and his staff.

Stephen Pearl has quick feet and hands. He creates things defensively, No doubt he cannot do so on offense but the issue with the Vol's offense is that no shooter Coach Pearl's recruited has risen to the level needed. It's not an issue with Stephen. As for Woolrich, he's gotta work in the offseason to be consistent.

VN Store

Back