The Penn Station Postgame Report.

hatvol96

1. All in all, a really good win. That's one to build on goin foward.
2. Wayne Chism played as he should against overmatched opponents. He's way too good for Ole Miss' inside guys.
3. Nice to see Cam Tatum have a Gonzaga redux. He makes UT much better offensively when he hits his shots.
4. That was as aggressive as UT has been attacking the basket in some time. It was encouraging.
5. Bobby Maze has had a quality season. He's been much better than I expected.
6. Ole Miss will be an interesting case for the Selection Committee. It will certainly be a nervous Sunday in Oxford.
7. Andy Kennedy has to get some balance on that roster. The guards and swingmen have to do too much.
8. Illinois can breathe easily now. Too many good wins for them to be excluded.
9. San Diego State better win tonight. Otherwise, they'll be complaining again this Selection Sunday.
10. The rumor of the day here is Seth Greenberg to St. John's. That would probably work.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

2. Wayne Chism played as he should against overmatched opponents. He's way too good for Ole Miss' inside guys.
3. Nice to see Cam Tatum have a Gonzaga redux. He makes UT much better offensively when he hits his shots.
4. That was as aggressive as UT has been attacking the basket in some time. It was encouraging.
6. Ole Miss will be an interesting case for the Selection Committee. It will certainly be a nervous Sunday in Oxford.
7. Andy Kennedy has to get some balance on that roster. The guards and swingmen have to do too much.
9. San Diego State better win tonight. Otherwise, they'll be complaining again this Selection Sunday.
10. The rumor of the day here is Seth Greenberg to St. John's. That would probably work.

Hat, why is Norm Roberts out at St. John's, just out of curiosity? Any more to it than just record?

Don't see that happening. Can't understand why he would leave an ACC program on the up and up for a Big East Program on the down and down.

This rumors came up about him when the LSU job came open and he didn't bolt. I think he likes the Hokie lifestyle.

Don't see that happening. Can't understand why he would leave an ACC program on the up and up for a Big East Program on the down and down.

This rumors came up about him when the LSU job came open and he didn't bolt. I think he likes the Hokie lifestyle.

5 words: NYC and Madison Square Garden.

And I don't know how "up and up" VA Tech is. They've had the same kind of team for about 4 years now and he's not been able to break through. Especially this year. They've been disappointing in the 2nd half, and downright bad down the stretch. The loss today was just awful.

Hat, why is Norm Roberts out at St. John's, just out of curiosity? Any more to it than just record?
Stictly the record. He's a class guy whose players have done well off the floor. They just haven't won enough.

Any basketball coach who would choose Blacksburg over New York City needs psychiatric help.

Tennessee should win tomorrow. It was pretty obvious today Kentucky's two concerns right now are the Final Four and the NBA Draft.

Tennessee should win tomorrow. It was pretty obvious today Kentucky's two concerns right now are the Final Four and the NBA Draft.

I really hope the team is fired up to play them again. Go Vols.

Also, where do you think a win over the Cats would put the Vols in the seeding process? 3 or possibly a 2?

I like UT tomorrow as well, Coach Vacate has no answer for Pearl.

Also, where do you think a win over the Cats would put the Vols in the seeding process? 3 or possibly a 2?

If we won the SEC Tournament and had some other teams fall we could possibly be a 2 but I don't see it...were a solid 4 now and could be 3 after tomorrow...a 2 seems outta sight IMO.

Ofcourse Calipari overlooked bama, but you really think he won't have his team ready and fired up for a game against the man he hates?

Ofcourse Calipari overlooked bama, but you really think he won't have his team ready and fired up for a game against the man he hates?

You don't think Pearl has the same agenda?

These 2 guys know each other very well, as far as having a team fired up, I would take Pearl over Vacate any day.

You don't think Pearl has the same agenda?

These 2 guys know each other very well, as far as having a team fired up, I would take Pearl over Vacate any day.

Ofcourse I think Pearl does, but I would not write off the game as a win as yall already are. They have what, 5 NBA first round picks?

It'll be nice having a much healthier Cam Tatum this time against UK.

Ofcourse I think Pearl does, but I would not write off the game as a win as yall already are. They have what, 5 NBA first round picks?

I just said that I like UT to win tomorrow, but I'm a homer.

I wouldn't call the game a lock by no means.

It'll be nice having a much healthier Cam Tatum this time against UK.

I would be shocked if he played as good as he did today, actually I would be shocked if he played half as good as he did today.

I certainly hope you are right. Enjoyed reading your report as always.

VN Store

Back