Vols Seeding

VolWonder

To HELL! with Bear Bryant
With a win over the Rebels today, we play Kentucky tomorrow at noon.

If we beat Kentucky AGAIN!!! and end up winning the SEC Tournament, how high of a seed do you think we can get in the NCAA Tournament???

I'm thinking a 3 with a chance of 2.

I think we are a 3 right now, and that's where we will stay no matter what happens from here on out!

GBO,
:rock:CBP:rock:

Our seeding chances have improved somewhat not because we won (we have just held serve up to this point) but because other teams in similar standing have failed to hold serve. I don't know what we'll be, but we are on the uptick overall.

With all the upsets going on, I think if we beat UK and Vandy to win the SECT, we are going to get a 2 seed. Now, if we beat MSU or UF in the finals, then we are def a 3 seed.

The Nova loss in the first round helps a bit. No way we get a 2, 3 if we are lucky. Man I want to stay out of that 4-5 stuff unless we can get in a #1 seed Duke bracket...if they win the ACC tourny.

But I think we are a 3 seed right now, with the way we've closed out the season.

Jimmy Dykes thinks we're a 3 seed right now. I tend to agree. Beat Kentucky again and we would have 3 victories over #1 seeds. I don't see how that can't be worthy of a 2 seed.

We're a 4 with a Kentucky win away from being a 3.

Impressive tournament win today. They beat a desparate team that had everything to play for. That is the sign of a tournament ready team that can make some noise.

We're a 4 right now and we improve 1 seed with every victory(3 if we beat UK and a 2 if we win the tourney). If we win the SECT there won't be 8 teams with a better resume. That's my opinion anyway.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think so too. We may have had some bad losses, but none at home, and you can't look past OSU not having Evan Turner without giving us a pass for some of the games we lost without 3 key players being able to contribute.

We are a strong 4 now. A win over Uk and we are probably a 3. A win over Vandy in the championship game might give us a shot at a 2.

there are other teams that we are still competing with for a seed. maryland, baylor, michigan state, purdue, vanderbilt. they need to start losing, if not, they could jump over us with good wins. we need to beat kentucky to guarantee a 3 seed.

there are other teams that we are still competing with for a seed. maryland, baylor, michigan state, purdue, vanderbilt. they need to start losing, if not, they could jump over us with good wins. we need to beat kentucky to guarantee a 3 seed.

Maryland is unlikely to jump us.

With the other teams you mentioned, it is more about us jumping them than them jumping us.

Maryland is unlikely to jump us.

With the other teams you mentioned, it is more about us jumping them than them jumping us.

not if we lose tomorrow and they continue to win.

Bracketology 101

it's consistently the best projection site. they have maryland, georgetown, and baylor all above us right now. if those teams continue to win (and they have a good chance) then we will need to beat kentucky again to make sure we stay above them

VN Store

Back