Joe B. Hall

That's an insult to Fulmer. If Joe B. Hall is comparable to any former SEC football coach, it's Charley Pell. Blatantly cheated for years and still couldn't win anything.

That's an insult to Fulmer. If Joe B. Hall is comparable to any former SEC football coach, it's Charley Pell. Blatantly cheated for years and still couldn't win anything.

Joe B. Hall won a championship in 1978. Were you referring to Pell?

Joe B. Hall won a championship in 1978. Were you referring to Pell?

I was actually referring to the years he coached after that, when Kentucky had a payroll that probably rivaled a few NBA teams. But you're right, '78 is a little outside my memory. Shoot, Pell won the ACC title that year at Clemson, so it must have been a good year for the cheaters all around.

Anyone who says Hall has class must not remember that year we beat him on the way to a share of the SEC title, and he whined about the refs for a month and tried to get the SEC to make us replay the last few minutes of the game--in Lexington.

Lol, ignorance.

NCAACG in 1975
NCAA championship in 1978
Final Four in 1984

You forget the cheating point? Does it not count if he's just carrying on tradition?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Like you guys weren't cheating during the Mears years? lol BPV, your naivete is a trip.

Grunfeld taking freethrows for other players was a fine example of UT's purity in those days.

Like you guys weren't cheating during the Mears years? lol BPV, your naivete is a trip.

Grunfeld taking freethrows for other players was a fine example of UT's purity in those days.

That's right. Everyone was doing it. Makes a history of it feel better, no?

Grunfeld took FTs because officials put him on the line.

I remember when KY would come to Stokley the entire crowd would chant:
SIT JOE SIT, SIT JOE SIT, SIT JOE SIT!

Of course I'm a bit old

We did that?
Cool!
I hope we paid him as much as KY paid theirs

haha, too funny. if EG were so pure, he would have said, "no, I'm not the guy."

Who said he was pure? I just he did what the refs allowed. Kyle Macy did the same. Tat changes nothing about Hall carrying on the traditions of Rupp in brazenly cheating.

Fixed that for your tired old diatribe of corruption at UK.

Travis Ford did the same. Tat changes nothing about Hall carrying on the traditions of Rupp in brazenly cheating.

Fixed that for your tired old diatribe of corruption at UK.

Your tiring doesn't change the leopard's spots. Rupp was a corrupt sleazeball. Hall continued the tradition as did Sutton. Sutton was just the guy that was called on it.

Odd use of the word diatribe.

Joe B. Hall got his hat handed to him 5 times in a row by Mears and then Don DeVoe beat him 3 times his first season at UT with inferior talent. He wrecked the career of a great athlete and player Derek Hord from Bristol. Hall would be on par with what they have at UK now. Lots of talent and very little coaching.

VN Store

Back