How is Stallings SEC coach of the year?

mtvols

I do not understand how Stallings is the SEC coach of the year?

Did he lose two players before the season even started? Did he lose his best player before the SEC schedule even started? Did he have to coach for several weeks with only 6 scholarship players?

All this and we beat two #1 seeds, are higher ranked than Vandy, and have the same record. And we did it without shooting 40+ FT's a game!

If the criteria for coach of the year is who did the best coaching job you have to give it to CBP. For all the reasons you listed. If we are talking about which team finished the highest then it goes to Vandy's coach because they started unranked and finished 2nd in the East. Its all about how you define "Coach of the Year"

Should Stallings be penalized because his players stayed out of trouble?

I am glad it not Calipari. That being said with what happened to the Vols Bruce Pearl should have won. Let Vandy or Ky loose some players for awhile and only have 6 scollys playing

You could really make a case for any of the 3 coaches. So, I'm not going to really argue with Stallings getting it.

Did he lose two players before the season even started? Did he lose his best player before the SEC schedule even started? Did he have to coach for several weeks with only 6 scholarship players?

All this and we beat two #1 seeds, are higher ranked than Vandy, and have the same record. And we did it without shooting 40+ FT's a game!

When was the last time that Vanderbilt had this good of a season? And they are still barely in the top 20. I believe Stallings has done a fantastic job this year because he has managed to beat UT twice and they didn't have a talent-filled recruiting class like UK. The bottom line is that Vandy is never this good and this year has been a fantastic coaching job by Stallings.

Should Stallings be penalized because his players stayed out of trouble?
I'm amazed at the number of people who think Pearl deserves some kind of credit for cleaning up a mess his lax discipline helped create.

I'm amazed at the number of people who think Pearl deserves some kind of credit for cleaning up a mess his lax discipline helped create.

Well I do think the last half of the year has been Pearl's best coaching of his career. But Stallings definitely deserved this. Despise the guy, but he earned it.

60305817.jpg

HEYOH

Well I do think the last half of the year has been Pearl's best coaching of his career.
I completely agree. That doesn't change the fact that his being forced to play with a shorthanded roster was a perfect example of reaping what you sew.

Even when we were short-handed you could argue that we were still a more talented team than Vandy.

Face it, Stallings did more with less and that's why he won.

The other SEC coaches don't like Pearl because he's generally been beating up on all of them for the past five years. He did a better job of coaching this year than Stallings or Calipari, but because Vandy beat the Vols twice they felt that gave them an excuse to award someone other than Bruce.

The other SEC coaches don't like Pearl because he's generally been beating up on all of them for the past five years. He did a better job of coaching this year than Stallings or Calipari, but because Vandy beat the Vols twice they felt that gave them an excuse to award someone other than Bruce.

Stallings deserved the award, IMO. Props to Pearl for the job that he did, but Stallings did a tremendous job with a team that wasn't that great last year.

If Vols would have split with Vandy there would have been a tie in SEC East and Vols would have been #2 seed. Pearl has done a fantastic job this year but Stallings has had a great coaching year as well.

Even when we were short-handed you could argue that we were still a more talented team than Vandy.

Face it, Stallings did more with less and that's why he won.
How can you say Stallings did more with less? He didn't have to play 3 walk on's for numerous games this year. Vandy's recruiting has been good and there is talent on that team.

I completely agree. That doesn't change the fact that his being forced to play with a shorthanded roster was a perfect example of reaping what you sew.

Make no mistake, I don't think Pearl deserves it. I was just saying this is easily his best coaching. I think what happened this year might be the best thing that could have happened for this program.

VN Store

Back