Thoughts on Lunardi's latest Bracketology

Wise-Vol

Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN

I bet Pearl would love to see Illinois in the first round of the Dance. And I would too. I saw them play Wisconsin last week and they are flat terrible. In fact, if the Committee gives Illinois an invite, they owe MSU and Ole Miss apologies if they don't get in. Illinois is one of the worst big-name schools I have seen in some time.

How would you like to be Butler and have to play Florida in the first round? Ouch. I saw Butler play last night. Florida would run away from that team.

If the Committee does put us anywhere near Kansas, they are sending yet another terrible message -- don't schedule tough teams during the regular season because the Committee will think it's cute to put you on a revenge collision course. Better to get a home and home with KSU or A&M and leave teams like Kansas, Duke, UNC, Syracuse, etc. alone.

I have a feeling Duke seeing L'ville in the 2nd round would mean another early exit for the Blue Devils. In fact, that Bracket might give Vandy it's first appearance in the Final Four.

I don't think Baylor, Georgetown, West Virginia, or Michigan State are teams that KY wants to see on the way to the Final Four. Calipari v. Izzo would be like lining up Lane Kiffin in the Tennessee drill against Dan Williams. It would be an ugly, ugly mismatch.

looks like a tough 2nd round matchup....let''s just win the SEC tourney to boost our seeding

Illinois doesn't seem like that big of a problem.
I always get worried playing a team like Temple though.

Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN

I bet Pearl would love to see Illinois in the first round of the Dance. And I would too. I saw them play Wisconsin last week and they are flat terrible. In fact, if the Committee gives Illinois an invite, they owe MSU and Ole Miss apologies if they don't get in. Illinois is one of the worst big-name schools I have seen in some time.

How would you like to be Butler and have to play Florida in the first round? Ouch. I saw Butler play last night. Florida would run away from that team.

If the Committee does put us anywhere near Kansas, they are sending yet another terrible message -- don't schedule tough teams during the regular season because the Committee will think it's cute to put you on a revenge collision course. Better to get a home and home with KSU or A&M and leave teams like Kansas, Duke, UNC, Syracuse, etc. alone.

I have a feeling Duke seeing L'ville in the 2nd round would mean another early exit for the Blue Devils. In fact, that Bracket might give Vandy it's first appearance in the Final Four.

I don't think Baylor, Georgetown, West Virginia, or Michigan State are teams that KY wants to see on the way to the Final Four. Calipari v. Izzo would be like lining up Lane Kiffin in the Tennessee drill against Dan Williams. It would be an ugly, ugly mismatch.
Butler would kill Florida.

Ask Izzo how his Sweet 16 matchup against Cal went two years ago.

I'm ok with where Tenn is except for Kansas being there. I really don't want to play them again.

Wrong again. Butler is a team that will exit in the first round. Uf would be a good match up.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Butler beat Ohio State. Remind me again who Florida beat that is worthy of mention (besides us).

South Alabama. Oh, wait.

Why is everyone so sure Florida won't crap the bed tomorrow? I mean, there isn't historical precedent or anything. And yes, Butler would beat Florida. I don't know how a drubbing of Wright St would possibly make someone think otherwise. I just assume now that 95 percent of the people here who say "I saw them play" are lying

Why is everyone so sure Florida won't crap the bed tomorrow? I mean, there isn't historical precedent or anything. And yes, Butler would beat Florida. I don't know how a drubbing of Wright St would possibly make someone think otherwise. I just assume now that 95 percent of the people here who say "I saw them play" are lying
I don't know how anyone who has watched Florida play since mid December could assert they are a good team.

Besides us? What are we, chopped liver? But, since you need reminding, they beat Michigan State on a neutarl court. That win, along with their win over FSU, gives them 3wins over RPI top 50 teams. Same as Butler. But Butler's SOS is 76. Florida's is 31. Butler played 6 top 50 RPI teams. Florida played 11. Take out 5 of Florida's and give them 5 sub 120 RPI teams off of Butler's schedule and Florida is 26-6.

Besides us? What are we, chopped liver? But, since you need reminding, they beat Michigan State on a neutarl court. That win, along with their win over FSU, gives them 3wins over RPI top 50 teams. Same as Butler. But Butler's SOS is 76. Florida's is 31. Butler played 6 top 50 RPI teams. Florida played 11. Take out 5 of Florida's and give them 5 sub 120 RPI teams off of Butler's schedule and Florida is 26-6.
Butler beat X. How'd that matchup turn out for Florida? Florida has lost to South Alabama, Georgia, and bunch of other stiffs since they did anything of note. They're done. Whoever draws them in the first round should send the Selection Committee a thank you card.

FSU is not exactly a powerhouse. And remind me again which of Ohio State and Michigan State is likely going to be a number one seed in the NCAA's.

Given the result of the South Alabama game, I doubt Florida would be fired up about any more 200+ RPI opponents.

Well, let's see. Since Mid-December Florida has lost to probable #1 seed Syracuse on a neutral floor by 12, lost to RPI #24 Richmond by 3 points on a neutral floor, lost at home to Richmond, lost at Vandy by 8 (not many teams did very well in Memorial this year), lost to KY at home by 12 (only USC and UT beat KY this season), lost at UT by 1 point, lost at USC (so did KY), lost to RPI #21 Xavier, and lost at UGA by 2 points (we got smoked in Athens), lost to Vandy at home (so did we) and lost at KY in a closer game than we played KY.

Florida may not be a really good team, but whatever you may call them, with wins tomorrow and Friday, one thing they will be is an NCAA Tournament team.

Regardless of which team is better I would like to see Florida get a few wins in the NCAA tournament. It makes the conference look better.

VN Store

Back