Is the best of Bruce yet to come?

Voldaddy

I was listening to Chris Dortch from Blue Ribbon today on Sporttalk, and he says we haven't seen the best of BP yet. I consider Chris to be one of the best in the business, and have followed him for many years since his days writing in the Chattanooga paper.

He mentioned all of the setbacks Bruce has had, from Jemere Hendrix to Major Wingate, Ramar, Tyler, etc...yet he still has won 20+ for 5 years in a row.

He talked about this class he has coming in, and that we are back in it for Selby. Even if we miss on Selby, he said the class will be sick.

I don't go to one extreme or the other for Bruce as far as love or loathe. I'm not 100% all in for Bruce, as I have several reservations, but this year has made me lean towards the Bruce side of the fence.

I wish Bruce would lead us to a NC, but I just don't see it happening.

What do you think, have we seen all Bruce can do, or is the best yet to come?

The best is yet to come. All the great coaches, took five years to really get things rolling and I think Bruce is on the right track.

I think the best is yet to come too... I just have a feeling, but if I had to give evidence to back it up, I'd point to the way the team has handled being short-handed this year. Plus, the good teams we've beaten during his tenure and the up coming recruiting class are positive indicators, too... GBO :rock:

Then how do you account for example Roy Williams Winning 2 Regional Championships, playing in 2 Final 4’s, and 1 NCG within his first 5 years?

You're right. I wish we would have hired him when he was begging for the job 5 years ago...

Then how do you account for example Roy Williams Winning 2 Regional Championships, playing in 2 Final 4’s, and 1 NCG within his first 5 years?
Check out Bob Knight's record in his fourth and fifth seasons at Indiana.

Roy Williams was also given one heck of a basketball program, the same can't be said for pearl UT is just now really making it's mark on men's basketball

How is Roy's boys doing this year?

Roy Williams was also given one heck of a basketball program, the same can't be said for pearl UT is just now really making it's mark on men's basketball

I never mentioned Pearl and am not trying to compare the two. I am simply questioning his claim that "All the great coaches, took five years…"

He was handed a program that was rolling. Check Dean smith out while we are just pulling names out of arses..Hired in 1961 first ACC championship and final four was 1967.

If you need another one check out Jim Boeheim.

He was handed a program that was rolling. Check Dean smith out while we are just pulling names out of arses..Hired in 1961 first ACC championship and final four was 1967.

Kansas was on probation when Williams took over.

You said All great coaches....

So did it take Roy and Bobby 5 years or not? (Unless you do not consider them great coaches; then we have something else to discuss.)

Considering the recruits we have on the horizon, I'd like to think that the best is yet to come, but we will just have to wait and see what he can do with them. But I think we will break through here soon.

I never mentioned Pearl and am not trying to compare the two. I am simply questioning his claim that "All the great coaches, took five years…"

Oh good grief, my apologies my claim should have been "a lot of great coaches", there is that better for you? Some of you really need to get a life when you are arguing samantics, grammer, and what ever else little thing you can nit pick. I hope my punctuation and grammer is ok. I didnt check it.

VN Store

Back