The latest on Selby... Does not look good for us.

VolsFan4Ever-11

On the Trail Archive
PLAYER NEWS & NOTES1 | 2 | 3 | Next
Mar. 9
Josh Selby, PG

Baltimore, MD

Lake Clifton H.S.

Scouts Grade:
ESPN100 Rank: 7
Position Rank: 3
Josh Selby sets announcement date
ESPNU 100 point guard Josh Selby is set to announce his college decision at the Jordan Brand Classic in New York City on April 17, his mother, Maeshon Witherspoon, confirmed to ESPN's Kansas affiliate The Shiver.com, Kansas Jayhawk and Big 12 Conference sports forums.

Despite rumors that Tennessee had made its way back on to Selby's list, Witherspoon reiterated that her son will choose between Kansas, Kentucky, Connecticut and Arizona.

The Jordan Classic will be shown live on ESPN2 at 8 p.m. ET.

Lets hope what his mother is saying isn't true.

his mother said that a while ago and im pretty sure some people on here stated she has no idea what shes talking about. i dont think this is anything new. i believe he is down to KU and UT. i think he ends up at kansas because his mom doesnt want him at UT.

yeah my mistake. knight will most likely end up at kentucky. he is the only PG ranked ahead of selby on rivals.

Better shooter. Just as athletic. May not have the raw burst that Wall does but if I have to pick between the two I'm taking Knight every time.

i dont think he is as athletic, and you are not very smart if you take a high school senior over the best freshman player in college bball

i dont think he is as athletic, and you are not very smart if you take a high school senior over the best freshman player in college bball

He may not be as athletic. But he can still fly. Go watch his highlight film. I think that this time next year Brandon Knight will be a better player than Wall is at this point in his career. I don't think he will turn it over as much as Wall does, and he is definitely a better shooter than Wall or Derrick Rose.

Rob Lewis of TOS says that he thinks that UT is still in it for Selby. He says he doesn't know exactly how things are in terms of order, but he says that he truly believes UT is still very much a player for Selby. TIFWIW

He may not be as athletic. But he can still fly. Go watch his highlight film. I think that this time next year Brandon Knight will be a better player than Wall is at this point in his career. I don't think he will turn it over as much as Wall does, and he is definitely a better shooter than Wall or Derrick Rose.

Knight is a good player however he is still in hs and Wall has proven himself at the college level. I would not say just yet that he is definitely a better shooter until he gets to the college level. Highlight films show just what they imply, highlights. Take a look at Woolridge's highlight tape from hs and aau and you will see him throwing down sick dunks over ppl and dropping 3s from nba range left and right. I have yet to see that same talent from woolridge at the college level. Same thing with Hopson, however, Hopson is starting to come around and look more like the player we all knew he had the potential to be but he isn't completely there just yet.

VN Store

Back