Should Vandy fans be crying?

SaintBruce

Pathetic.

Listening to 104.5 this morning and Kevin Ingram and Vandy fans are heart broken over the fact that Tennessee might be seeded ahead of Vandy in the NCAAs. Ingram said no matter what happens in the SEC tourney Vandy should be seeded higher than Tennessee.

They beat us twice and finished ahead of UT in the SEC. However Tennessee has beaten two #1s a "good loss" to Purdue. What is Vandys best win? Against us? A team they think they are better than? Have they beaten anyone they weren't "supposed" to beat?

So I ask, Do Vandy fans have a point or is it just another case of Vandy fans being Vandy fans?

:cray: :frown:

All I'm going to say is they caught us at a good time each meeting. I hope we get the chance to play them again Sunday and shut them up.

You can always make that point when you beat a team twice. Apparently no one else believes they are better based on all polls.

Don't lose to USCe and WKU. And then actually beat some ranked teams other than the one you are griping about.

Don't lose to USCe at home in the last game of the regular season, especially.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I guess Vandy shouldn't get any seed higher than what Illinois gets either. And that means if Illinois goes to the NIT, then Vandy should too.

If the committee worried overmuch about taking head-to-head matchups in consideration in the seeding, they'd never get a bracket put together. Beating Kansas and Kentucky is vastly more impressive than anything on Vandy's resume.

No, I don't think all Vol fans would feel like Vandy does. UT makes a point of having a very tough out of conference schedule. Vandy does not. UT beat Ky at home. Vandy did not. If Vandy and their fans are so bent out of shape, let them show up in force at the SEC tournament and see what happens on the court.

Of course they should be crying.

They're Vandy for God's sake.

Last edited:
Vandy fans do whine a lot, but they beat us twice... whipped us at that. If they hadn't lost to South Carolina, their argument would've been stronger. I think both UT and Vandy should get a 4 seed... Altough i'd like to see us play well enough in the SEC tourney to get a 3

If head to head is so important then Kentucky must have been really ticked off last year.

I think if the roles were reversed yeah I think a lot of us would argue like they are, but the roles aren't so Vandy can go fly a kite.

louisville beat syracuse twice this season. does that mean Louisville should be seeded higher than Syracuse?

This is Vanderbilt people. This is ALL they have to look forward to for the entire year. Especially since their football program is terrible.

SO, using Vandy's philosophy, the years Florida dominated and won their championships, we seemed to be their thorn in the side. I guess we should have been seeded higher than them in the NCAA. haha

Intelligent sports minds would say sometimes you just matchup well against a particular team! The committee knows that! That's why the look at the entire body of work!

If seeding was based on the criteria of beating us then they'd be good, but fortunately they look at the entire body of work.

I was hoping that Vandy would take down Kentucky and beat Cal for the SEC East. Fact is, they didn't! They still had a shot with Kentucky playing at Vandy and they still couldn't get it done with that awesome home court advantage! Don't be mad at the committee! Play and beat somebody worthwhile out of conference as well!

SO, using Vandy's philosophy, the years Florida dominated and won their championships, we seemed to be their thorn in the side. I guess we should have been seeded higher than them in the NCAA. haha

Did we finsih higher that UF in the East those years?

I do not see ONE quality out of conference win on there resume, and I had this exact conversation with a Vandy fan a week ago, and I asked him who there best win was against and all he could think of is Tennessee.

VN Store

Back