Oh What I would Give for Lunardi's 03/08 Bracketology to be right

Not sure if the guys would get up for Baylor so not sure if it would be a good bracket or not.

would love to see us find our way to that #3 line. I think we have just as good an argument to make to be there as Pitt and wouldn't be surprised if the committee dropped the Lobos to the 4th line because of they hail from the MWC.

Wow, seems like a pretty good road for a 4 seed

though honestly, i'm unsure if the committee would ever seriously put UT and Memphis that close to eacn other in the same bracket...

Wow, seems like a pretty good road for a 4 seed

though honestly, i'm unsure if the committee would ever seriously put UT and Memphis that close to eacn other in the same bracket...

Oh I bet the committee would love to have them that close together. More ticket sales for that session.

Yea, those would be flying out of the booth in Spokane, WA.

:lolabove: haha, yea maybe so. If they put us in a better location than Spokane, though, I could see it selling a lot of tickets.

(by better I don't mean that Spokane isn't a fine place, but its not where Vol and Memphis State fans want to travel in late march)

Oh I bet the committee would love to have them that close together. More ticket sales for that session.

not really; cause first off and mainly, it's already way off in Spokane

I'm basing it though on the same thing that, regardless of how well or poorly Duke and UNC do that season, the tourney committee makes sure they're in different quarters of the bracket and any same conference teams, they make sure they spread them out along the bracket as far as early rounds at the very least

i just dont think too they like teams who played earlier - or are really close and play regularly - to play each other in the tourney without it being that they've earned making it that far

:lolabove: haha, yea maybe so. If they put us in a better location than Spokane, though, I could see it selling a lot of tickets.

(by better I don't mean that Spokane isn't a fine place, but its not where Vol and Memphis State fans want to travel in late march)

lol, it's cool. we know

not really; cause first off and mainly, it's already way off in Spokane

I'm basing it though on the same thing that, regardless of how well or poorly Duke and UNC do that season, the tourney committee makes sure they're in different quarters of the bracket and any same conference teams, they make sure they spread them out along the bracket as far as early rounds at the very least

i just dont think too they like teams who played earlier - or are really close and play regularly - to play each other in the tourney without it being that they've earned making it that far

Yea you are def. right about the conference teams not playing each other in the first or second round, i'm pretty sure that the NCAA will do everything possible to ensure that conference teams cannot meet until the sweet 16 at the earliest.

I can't think of any out of conference rivals that the NCAA would make special arrangements for? Also in that bracketology, Lunardi had a possible second round match up of WVU/Va Tech which is a similarly heated rivalry between two out of conference teams...so I wouldn't be overly surprised if we landed in the same 4 team tournament with Memphis State, and think it could be a fun atmosphere.

No way... talk about not matching up well with a team with size. Baylor has size. They might be the last of the 5 seeds in this projection that I'd like to play - Maryland would be tough too. I'd LOVE to play Gonzaga.

No way... talk about not matching up well with a team with size. Baylor has size. They might be the last of the 5 seeds in this projection that I'd like to play - Maryland would be tough too. I'd LOVE to play Gonzaga.

i will say, though, that Brian Williams changes things for us. He brings the size, but to beat Baylor we would need to be physical with them in the paint. We would need to play some tough defense. I think Brian is stepping up to the task.

I don't like it at all. First did you see us play USC after travelling across the US. I don't want this team playing anywhere near the west coast the first couple rounds. The dream spot would be somehow moving up to a 3 and taking Vill. spot with Purdue the 2 seed.

Great Bracket if true, Louisville, and Baylor kinda concern me though.

Yeah, Duke sucks.....LOL (sarcasm)

We are so disciplined that Duke will have major problems with us. LOL.. We dont foul much and they cant hit free throws... LOL (Sarcasm again) :crazy:

Louisville and Baylor would be far lessor concerns in this bracket IMO...

There are a bunch of rules that go into scheduling for this tournament. I know that there cannot be rematches of regular season matchups in the first 2 games, a team can't play on a court that they have played on during the season in the first 2 rounds, and dozens more than that... which is why they have teams like Duke, Villanova, & UT is the West Bracket.

VN Store

Back