Predict how far Tennessee will advance in the NCAA Tournament

Predict how far Tennessee will advance in the NCAA Tournament

• Total voters
i get what you're trying to do here, but any kind of guess before the brackets are released is a bit silly. Matchups, baby.

i'll put 'em in the elite 8 in my bracket...but i'm an irrational vol fan.

Hoping for Final Four but I'd have to say sweet 16 we can get to the Elite Eight if Chism can get hot, play good D and play Bruce Pearl basketball.

I think this team can get anywhere from the second round to the elite 8, honestly. Impossible to tell right now.

Hoping for Final Four but I'd have to say sweet 16 we can get to the Elite Eight if Chism can get hot, play good D and play Bruce Pearl basketball.

Bruce Pearl basketball has not gotten us past the Sweet Sixteen so far..

Sweet Sixteen, but if we somehow grab a 3 seed, I'll say the Elite Eight, depending on our bracket.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i get what you're trying to do here, but any kind of guess before the brackets are released is a bit silly. Matchups, baby.

You hit it right on the head. Suppose we draw a lower seeded team that shoots the ball very well. That team consitently gives us problems. Vanderbilt ring a bell? But on the other hand what if we are matched against a running team we can slow it down and if we make shots the sky is the limit. But to flow with the poll I will post a vote but keep it secretive.

It almost did in the fist-half of the Ohio st. game in 2007.I dont know how we lost that big of a lead that loss still bothers me.

I'm still surprised we had a lead of any sort in that game...Conely, Oden, Cook...they were loaded.

I watched that game too against OSU, I was confident that we would pull the upset because we played them tough in that last game in Columbus. I think what doomed us were the missed free throws. We missed too many free throws in that second half. I think right now as it stands I think that was our best chance at getting past the sweet sixteen and quite possibly towards the final four because I definately think we would beat Memphis in the next round.

Last edited:
I can only vote 2nd round for now until I see the bracket, since we should be able to beat any 13 seed we're matched up with. Anything beyond that depends entirely on possible matchups.

Didnt want to make a guess just yet, but I'll say this; I wish the Vols all the best in the upcoming games and sure hope they play as well as they did against Kentucky in the first half. Some of the predicted matchups will be tough games, if they come to be. However, I think in March, anything can happen.

Best wishes.

Rock on Rocky Top, and Gig em' Ags.

Sweet 16, Just to many good teams this year. With the right draw we could go to the elite 8 but luck will need to be on our side.

GO VOLS!!!

Bracket Schmaket....Vols bow out in round 2. Just not enough horses to go much further.

I think they make it into the elite eight before getting bounced.

You might want to hope and pray UK keeps getting the "big blue advantage" but,the tournament games are usually "called" a little tighter.The refs are the only reason UK didn't start out with a couple of losses and made sure they stayed unbeaten at home.Youth/experience will be UK's downfall in the tournament and I see them getting bounced round about the same time the VOLS do...:naughty:

I think they make it into the elite eight before getting bounced.

You might want to hope and pray UK keeps getting the "big blue advantage" but,the tournament games are usually "called" a little tighter.The refs are the only reason UK didn't start out with a couple of losses and made sure they stayed unbeaten at home.Youth/experience will be UK's downfall in the tournament and I see them getting bounced round about the same time the VOLS do...:naughty:

Time answers all questions. I typically pull for every SEC team during the NCAAT, and UT is capable of pulling off an upset or two. Any team which has suffered through some of the obstacles the Vols have this season and summarily dismantled the #1 and #2 teams in America can make a run in the tourney…possible but not probable.

That said, seems like UT underachieves when it hits the Big Dance. Pearl has taken the Vols to the Sweet 16 a couple of years but does anyone really think this team can go beyond that level?....even reach it? Is this current team better than '08 or '07?

The comment about UK’s youth and experience being their downfall could ring true too. Once this time of the year rolls around though, freshmen have accumulated some seasoning and are not the same players that took the court back in November.

Officiating, well……no comment. :salute:

VN Store

Back