Pearl says SEC needs to do away from Divisional Seeding

volwarrior33

"Ole Miss at 9-7 is going to sit there watching Tennessee getting prepared for Tennessee, while Tennessee at 11-5 is having to play LSU before we play Ole Miss the next day. It should be 1. Kentucky, 2. Vandy, 3. Tennessee, and 4. Florida, but we’ll deal with it, get ready for LSU and hope things are corrected in the future.” This is what he said on his postgame show.

He also said he’ll start watching Ole Miss film tonight, didn’t talk much about LSU.

Yeah, it's pretty glaring this year.

What's the East vs. West record this season?

Unfortunately this seeding situation has been going on for awhile in the SEC. I don't like it, but up to now they have not changed it.

And frankly, I don't see the west gaining a lot of ground in the next season or two.

Unfortunately this seeding situation has been going on for awhile in the SEC. I don't like it, but up to now they have not changed it.

well this year shows the weakness. Suppose Georgia and South carolina were in the west playing some of those treams twice instead of once and not having to play the beast in the east but once. georgia and south carolina could challenge for top 3 in the west in my opinion.

The SEC East is 27 - 9 against the SEC West. Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, and Florida are a combined 24-0 against the SEC West.

I don't think we're really in the position to be griping about something like this. We just need to take care of business and play to our potential in the postseason.

1-12 should be how all tournaments are seeded, why give a team a break for being bad. Scratch that, why give two teams a break for being bad.

"Ole Miss at 9-7 is going to sit there watching Tennessee getting prepared for Tennessee, while Tennessee at 11-5 is having to play LSU before we play Ole Miss the next day. It should be 1. Kentucky, 2. Vandy, 3. Tennessee, and 4. Florida, but we’ll deal with it, get ready for LSU and hope things are corrected in the future.” This is what he said on his postgame show.
That's a comment I would have saved for after the tournament - not before.

I don't think we're really in the position to be griping about something like this. We just need to take care of business and play to our potential in the postseason.

This is the postseason and we are in a position to gripe about this. We are having to play a bs team when we deserve a bye week.

This is the postseason and we are in a position to gripe about this. We are having to play a bs team when we deserve a bye week.

I hope these comments don't make it to LSU.

Dont worry they did. LSU is playing very good basketball right now. Its funny that Tennessee is completely overlooking us even though we were a made 3 from sending the game into overtime.

Was Pearl trying to put some pressure on the LSU game? I don't like comments like these but maybe it's his version of a tossed coat technical before the tourney!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back