Skylar didn't play did he

Yeah I noticed that, too. I never did hear what McBee did the last game that got CBP so mad. Anyone know?

I know that he got yelled at by Bruce Pearl after the technical foul against Arkansas, but I'm wondering if it was important enough to suspend him for a game, or if he's injured, or if he missed practice or what? I'm puzzled

Pearl said that Tatum, Hopson, and Prince needed to get 80 combined minutes and this was the best way to accomplish that.

yes lets put McBee out there instead of Tatum. I have visions of him catching an oop from bobby maze on a fast break.

Tatum is healthy and playing well again. McBee's minutes are going down bigtime.

Maybe he's not mad. Maybe the better players are playing.

volnation got their collective wish. now if you guys could cause stephen to miss the bus to the tourny.

Pearl sure went at him last game, didn't he? I thought it might have been because of McBee's defense, but that's just a guess.

No offense, but did we really miss him today?

I think it's because other player's output has increased greatly. So, he wasn't needed tonight. He'll get some minutes in the tourney. I think we'll use a lot of bench.

Chill guys!

Our New Year's Day adventurers are finally playing well. Williams gives us a bigger, more physical front court. And Tatum is more athletic at the #2 guard. If we face a team that forces us to shoot outside (hasn't happened in the last 2 games), I would expect to see more of McBee.

And Stephen Pearl is being used kinda like Dane Bradshaw. Gets the ball and then passes to someone in motion, Quarterback style. He may have found his role.

Bruce wanted this one badly, wanted to play tough D. Mcbee can't defend, or handle the ball in traffic. That's just the way it is. Swiperboy only got a couple of minutes. Baby pearl is becoming quite a defensive asset. Amazing.

I would guess that most teams have splits that look like that when their backups come in. There is an expected decline in production for most teams in that situation. Its called a substitution rotation.

Last edited:
It is pretty easy to see by the posts here who are not parents.

It is amazing to read some of the disgustingly negative remarks about the kids who have chosen to give their best for UT.

It is one thing to talk about lack of effort, but when I see these guys going all out, and then seeing the crap (for the lack of a better word) in running down these kids, it makes me sick to think some of you people could actually be Tennessee fans.

Stephen Pearl does not score a lot, but he works his butt off; plays good defense, and has helped this team a lot. McBee may make some mistakes, but I love his hustle and effort, and the shot against Kansas was good for a lot of mistakes.

I just wonder if you will remember all this negative garbage you dished out when you have a child playing and hear people thrashing your kid.

bruce wanted this one badly, wanted to play tough d. Mcbee can't defend, or handle the ball in traffic. That's just the way it is. Swiperboy only got a couple of minutes. Baby pearl is becoming quite a defensive asset. Amazing.

+100

It is amazing to read some of the disgustingly negative remarks about the kids who have chosen to give their best for UT.

It is one thing to talk about lack of effort, but when I see these guys going all out, and then seeing the crap (for the lack of a better word) in running down these kids, it makes me sick to think some of you people could actually be Tennessee fans.

Stephen Pearl does not score a lot, but he works his butt off; plays good defense, and has helped this team a lot. McBee may make some mistakes, but I love his hustle and effort, and the shot against Kansas was good for a lot of mistakes.

I just wonder if you will remember all this negative garbage you dished out when you have a child playing and hear people thrashing your kid.

So we don’t have a right to post about UT athletics if we’re not parents? I’ll keep that in mind. McBee, bless his heart, does not deserve to be on the court based on his play, it doesn’t take a parent to see that.

I bet your kids are in for a really rude awakening when they hit the real world.

VN Store

Back