Bob Knight on Gameday just said...

volmanbill

The future is bright
Staff member
That he thought the Vols were the most dangerous team in the tourney.

Knight just said we are the most dangerous team in the tourney. I love it! Go vols!

"We have weapons!" No wonder we're considered dangerous.

LOL J/K guys.

Not that it matters, but Tony Bruno was also talking the Vols up.

Also said Tennessee can beat anybody any given day.

:eek:k::dance2:I truly believe that! We should have beaten Purdue too. Believe we lost by only 2. Losing to Ohio State was shocking!:eek:hmy:

Congrats to the Vols on a fine regular season-23 wins!:clapping:GO VOLS!:good!::salute:

We can play as well as any team in the country.

It just doesn't happen often. For it to happen 6 times in a row would be a miracle.

Bobby Knight definitely knows his basketball. He knows Cal, too.

"We've gotten into this situation where integrity is really lacking, and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching," he said. "You see we've got a coach at Kentucky who put two schools on probation, and he's still coaching. I really don't understand that."

Why does ESPN hate us?

But seriously, unless we're hosting NCAA tournament games in the Tommy Bowl, I don't think we're really that dangerous.

Props to Knight. Anyone who dogs UK and talks up the Vols is fine by me :)

This is great to hear. A respected basketball mind given us props. Of all the Tennessee teams Coach Pearl has taken to the NCAA tournament, I feel more comfortable with this team than any other. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the team doesn't fall flat and can make a deep run in the big dance. GBO!

This is great to hear. A respected basketball mind given us props. Of all the Tennessee teams Coach Pearl has taken to the NCAA tournament, I feel more comfortable with this team than any other. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the team doesn't fall flat and can make a deep run in the big dance. GBO!

If this team makes it to sat/sun I'll be happy and if they make it to the second weekend I'll be pretty surprised

Bobby Knight definitely knows his basketball. He knows Cal, too.

"We've gotten into this situation where integrity is really lacking, and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching," he said. "You see we've got a coach at Kentucky who put two schools on probation, and he's still coaching. I really don't understand that."

+ 1

If this team makes it to sat/sun I'll be happy and if they make it to the second weekend I'll be pretty surprised
With the seed they are going to get, this team should be totally embarrassed if they lose in the first round.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

With the seed they are going to get, this team should be totally embarrassed if they lose in the first round.
I'll be rooting for the Vols all the way, but it wouldn't be the first time they have been embarrassed in a tournament environment.

Well I may stand alone but I wish they were talking about us being seeded/ranked too high. I'd much rather them pick us as a team that better watch out or well be going home. Recent history tells me we embrace that role much better. Ie- Kansas, UK somewhat.

VN Store

Back