SEC Tournament Tickets

bwyatt1

Pepe Silvia
The wife and I are thinking about driving to Nashville on Thursday or Friday and going to the tourney. Just wondering how difficult it is to find tickets outside the arena and what to expect price-wise? I'd guess it would be easier to find tickets for Thursday/Friday compared to Saturday/Sunday. Anyone have trouble finding tickets in the past? Thanks!

You will be able to find tickets, there will be plenty of people selling outside Bridgestone Arena.

Price wise, you can expect anywhere from $40-80 per depending on seat location.

Early games will be around face value. Once you move to the Saturday/Sunday and KY wins you can expect big increases. You might try what I have been doing for several years and that is buy the ticket book from some of the schools who don't have much of a fan base traveling to the game. This year I would try LSU as they have been awful. Good luck.

If Kentucky is playing in the same session tickets will be expensive. Thursday should be real easy to get, should be able to sit anywhere you want especially with playing the 2nd
game of the day on thursday.

It's looking like we'll be in the same time slot as UK. Thursday tickets won't be difficult to get, especially with the early time slot. I'd look at ebay for UK fans looking to sell their Thursday tickets or Vandy fans who don't care to make the early games.

I've heard that the hotels are the problem. My friend works at The Hilton downtown and rooms are starting at $699 for the tourney!:blink:

Coming back from Fla on Friday. Any Chance the Vols will be around Saturday?

Try buying tix books from the losing fans from game one.
I wouldn't doubt the hotels are expensive. Hell, they are $200+ on a regular weekend.
If you need a room stay out by the airport and cab ride into downtown.

There are plenty of hotels in Davidson Co. but those close to the arena are going to jack up their rates just like those in Knoxville do for football season. You can find mid range hotels in the Goodlettsville area off Long Hollow Pike or in Williamson Co. and just drive in. Yes, parking will be expensive but you will definitely save on hotels if you stay out further and drive in. Don't stay at hotels on Dickerson Road or in the Trinity Lane area though.

Try buying tix books from the losing fans from game one.
I wouldn't doubt the hotels are expensive. Hell, they are $200+ on a regular weekend.
If you need a room stay out by the airport and cab ride into downtown.

Games 1 & 2 are both included in session 1, it's a doubleheader with only 1 ticket. However, that would work if you want to go to session 2 (games 3 & 4) or to the games on Friday, etc.

If that's true, then that's ridiculous. Nashville should be able to accommodate the number of fans that show up for the SEC tourney.

All downtown hotels in Nashville sold out within 20 days after the announcement of the SEC tournament in Nashville. I got mine through our Kentucky message board, who bought 150 rooms through discount and made them available to website members. My discount rate was $175.00 per night. If anything WERE available now, I'm willing to bet its sky high.

There are no hotels within walking distance, thats a promise. your looking at a 5 or 10 mile cab ride from any hotel still available.

try staying around Vanderbilt. Its only a couple miles from the stadium- you could walk there in 20 - 30 minutes.

There is bus service in that area and others parts of Davidson Co. to downtown but have no idea about routes and times. The rates should be reasonable. The new bus facility downtown is very nice.

you can get a nice room out by the airport $50-70 range and cab it into downtown. Some of those hotels even have a shuttle that will take you downtown.
Lets go! I want to see a lot of orange in Nashville.

It would be just as easy and much cheaper to get a hotel room 10 miles outside of Nashville, look up the bus routes online, and take a bus downtown for the game. The hotels would be ridiculously cheaper, and you wouldn't have to worry about finding a parking spot with your car.

If you are coming to Nashville for the SEC tournament and need an affordable place to stay, check out the Scarritt-Bennett Center located in the Vanderbilt area, which is only minutes from downtown. Room rates are listed below.

A few facts about Scarritt-Bennett:

•Just minutes from downtown, where the SEC tournament is being held
• Individuals & groups welcome • Beautiful, relaxing gardens & grounds
• Comfortable dorm-style rooms
• Walking distance to Vanderbilt, Music Row, Centennial Park, area shops & restaurants
• 15 minutes to Nashville Airport
• Free parking

Standard Room: $45 plus tax
*Upgraded Room: $62 plus tax (*room includes a television and high-speed Internet connection)

Telephone: 615.340.7500 • Toll-free 866.420.5486 or reservations@scarrittbennett.org

Scarritt-Bennett Center
1008 19th Avenue South
Nashville TN 37212
Scarritt Bennett Center | Conference, Retreat and Educational Center in Nashville, TN

I have a 3 bedroom Condo in Nashville...I'll house the Big Orange fans, c'mon with it!

As long as you don't mind waking up at 6am to Rocky Top blaring and me shirtless doing whiskey shots.

I've heard that the hotels are the problem. My friend works at The Hilton downtown and rooms are starting at $699 for the tourney!:blink:

$699 per night at the Hilton? Are you serious??? :yikes: What a ripoff. That hotel is OK but not even worth $200 per night.

VN Store

Back