Storming the COURT!!!

Should Vol fans storm the court when we beat a top 5 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VolWonder

To HELL! with Bear Bryant
I was at the Kansas-UT game a month or so ago in Knoxville and the stadium was electric!! I could not even talk by the end!! But I was blocked from storming the court.

When I ran on the court I got threatened to get off or be removed from the stadium???

I noticed how we did not storm the court against Kentucky and how OK State drowned the court with their win over Kansas!!!

WHATS UP WITH THAT!! GIVE ME A D*** BREAK!!

WHEN IS IT THEN ACCEPTABLE TO STORM THE COURT!!

APPARENTLY NOT WHEN WE BEAT THE #1 or #2 TEAMS

Storming the court is a tradition that should be retained. It's fun for the team and students. Unfortunately Slive is a douche and since Foley doesn't like it he started fining schools.

When was the last time you saw UNC, Duke, Kansas, UConn etc. storm the court. I'd like us to act like we expected to win.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Plus SEC schools get fined if it happens, but I think it should a requirement to graduate. You must storm the court once while in college, it's a memorable experience. Being an IU grad, I did it back in 2007 when #25 IU beat #2 Wisconsin. It was glorious.

Storming the court is a tradition that should be retained. It's fun for the team and students. Unfortunately Slive is a douche and since Foley doesn't like it he started fining schools.

Yeah South Carolina got fined $25,000 for storming the court after they beat UK.
That being said I feel like our program is too good, and has accomplished too much in recent years to storm the court. The talent we have here at UT is pretty damn good, and as excited as I was to beat KU and UK I was by no means shocked or surprised.
Programs that storm the court make themselves look like little time programs IMO

Your right storming the court is not for top 25 teams... I mean Ok State and our record are so different.

GIVE ME A BREAK WITH THE EMOTION AND ENERGY LEVEL HIGH AS IT WAS at those two games especially after all that had happened to this team before the Kansas game you wanna run the court and celebrate.

I understand if your not an emotional high energy fan but I am and would have love to storm the court with those wins..TOP 25 or NOT

So why is it blocked by security is my question.

When was the last time you saw UNC, Duke, Kansas, UConn etc. storm the court. I'd like us to act like we expected to win.

As soon as UT has sniffed the success of those programs I'll agree. Until then, let the team and students enjoy a big win by storming the court. It's a blast that I would have enjoyed if UT had a basketball team while I was in school.

Your right storming the court is not for top 25 teams... I mean Ok State and our record are so different.

GIVE ME A BREAK WITH THE EMOTION AND ENERGY LEVEL HIGH AS IT WAS at those two games especially after all that had happened to this team before the Kansas game you wanna run the court and celebrate.

I understand if your not an emotional high energy fan but I am and would have love to storm the court with those wins..TOP 25 or NOT

SPORTSMANSHIP POLICY VIOLATION-It's an SEC rule

I was at the Kansas-UT game a month or so ago in Knoxville and the stadium was electric!! I could not even talk by the end!! But I was blocked from storming the court.

When I ran on the court I got threatened to get off or be removed from the stadium???
I noticed how we did not storm the court against Kentucky and how OK State drowned the court with their win over Kansas!!!

WHATS UP WITH THAT!! GIVE ME A D*** BREAK!!

WHEN IS IT THEN ACCEPTABLE TO STORM THE COURT!!

APPARENTLY NOT WHEN WE BEAT THE #1 or #2 TEAMS

That's because the university would have to pay $25,000 if we storm the court/field

and we're better than that; if we didnt do it against Kansas or that top 5 ranked Florida, we sure as hell weren't going to do it against Kentucky

Last edited:
When is the last time we were ever grouped with DUKE, UNC, KANSAS, UCONN. with tradition in mens basketball, come on.

We should storm the court end of story

Money, and it's ridiculous for fans of teams with multiple big wins in the last five years who want to claim that they have a top program want to act like a regular season win over a squad ranked 10-15 spots ahead on then is worth getting penalized over because they want to act a fool

SPORTSMANSHIP POLICY VIOLATION-It's an SEC rule

well an NCAA rule more, but has an SEC policy

though does it:

$5,000 fine the first time your fanbase does it

$25,000 after that

and $50,000 if it happens again within 3 years

Last edited:
When is the last time we were ever grouped with DUKE, UNC, KANSAS, UCONN. with tradition in mens basketball, come on.

Great, the SEC, many of your own fellow vols fans and security all feel differently. So don't be surprised when you are manhandled for acting like a South Carolina fan

Obviously you either don't get it or can't read. Storming the court is illegal. Thus, we don't do it. Neither does "DUKE, UNC, KANSAS, UCONN."

Yeah South Carolina got fined $25,000 for storming the court after they beat UK.
That being said I feel like our program is too good, and has accomplished too much in recent years to storm the court. The talent we have here at UT is pretty damn good, and as excited as I was to beat KU and UK I was by no means shocked or surprised.
Programs that storm the court make themselves look like little time programs IMO

We are trotting out a team of misfits and walk-ons playing against what may be the top two picks in the lottery and possibly 4 of the top 10.

It was shocking that UT beat UK on Saturday - shocking.

We are trotting out a team of misfits and walk-ons playing against what may be the top two picks in the lottery and possibly 4 of the top 10.

We played with them for 32 minutes at Rupp. It wasn't shocking to beat them at home

not enough of a shock that the university wanted to throw away $25,000

VN Store

Back