The Rest of the Way: Call It

Bballvol

Make your Win / Loss predictions for the rest of the regular season and Tourney Predictions:
Win at South Carolina
Lose at Florida
Win vs. Kentucky
Lose vs. Arkansas
Win at Mississippi State

Lose SEC Tourney in finals
6 seed with 2nd round exit in NCAA Tourney

@ South Carolina W
@ Florida W
vs. UK Toss-up
vs. Arkansas W (if we lose this game, we should just join the WAC for basketball)
@ Miss State W

Lose in 2nd round of SEC Tourney
1st/2nd round exit of NCAA Tourney

@ USC - W
@ Florida - W
UK - L
Arkansas - W
@ Miss. State - L

Lose in semis of SECT
2nd round exit in NCAAT

Make your Win / Loss predictions for the rest of the regular season and Tourney Predictions:
Win at South Carolina
Lose at Florida
Win vs. Kentucky
Lose vs. Arkansas
Win at Mississippi State

Lose SEC Tourney in finals
6 seed with 2nd round exit in NCAA Tourney

W at USCe
W at UF b/c it's the time of the year when the gators start choking...
Want to say W vs UK, but..... L vs. the Wildcats
W vs Arkansas or I'm turning in my Slurper Card and Becoming the 47th Contra-Vol
W at Miss St, although these boys are going to be playing for their tournament life. (see my post on Quality Win Update for SEC Teams, for further analysis)

Win the SEC Tourney (What the hell!), and get a three seed. Make the Elite Eight and become one of those great touchy-feely stories of the NCAAs, all about perseverance and atoning for past mistakes...

But, then something else will probably happen, and I'll be doing this -------> :cray:

Long live the BasketVols!

They lose one of the last 5. Second round bounce out of the SEC tourney. Depending on where and how high they're seeded in the NCAA's , i don't see them making it out of the first weekend.

W at USCe
W vs Arkansas or I'm turning in my Slurper Card and Becoming the 47th Contra-Vol
W at Miss St, although these boys are going to be playing for their tournament life. (see my post on Quality Win Update for SEC Teams, for further analysis)

Win the SEC Tourney (What the hell!), and get a three seed. Make the Elite Eight and become one of those great touchy-feely stories of the NCAAs, all about perseverance and atoning for past mistakes...

But, then something else will probably happen, and I'll be doing this -------> :cray:

Dont turn the slurper card in.

Dont turn the slurper card in.

That was totally in jest. I would only betray my fellow SlurpHeads for one thing. I sleep with my card under my pillow (along with my Tennessee Basketball Fan Handbook, which Lofton4three somehow got a copy of), and would only trade it for some real, quality tail... :)

And she'd have to enter my bedroom, and get Down with The Pooch before I'd relinquish it...

Last edited:
W at USCe

I love it! That is the beauty of sports, one can always hope, and I hope you are correct, sir.:salute:

They lose one of the last 5. Second round bounce out of the SEC tourney. Depending on where and how high they're seeded in the NCAA's , i don't see them making it out of the first weekend.

I am not saying they will, but this is the type of team nobody will want to play in the tourney. Athletic and streaky. So, who knows?

By streaky you mean disorganized and only capable of a big win at home? I hate to disagree with that but don't get your hopes up for these guys. People will surely want to see a team with 1.5 legit post players, no consistent shooters, and two marginal PGs on their side of the bracket.

By streaky you mean disorganized and only capable of a big win at home? I hate to disagree with that but don't get your hopes up for these guys. People will surely want to see a team with 1.5 legit post players, no consistent shooters, and two marginal PGs on their side of the bracket.

I guess I'm one of the ones that gets a big ups...

And, I'm sure you hate to disagree. If you hated disagreeing with what the man typed you'd be by definition in disagreement with yourself which would bring up a whole host of existential issues....

I guess I'm one of the ones that gets a big ups...

And, I'm sure you hate to disagree. If you hated disagreeing with what the man typed you'd be by definition in disagreement with yourself which would bring up a whole host of existential issues....

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

Win
Lose
Lose
Win
Lose

Lose second round of the SECT
Lose opening round of the NCAAT

Vols go 22-8 in regular season. 4-0 to win conference tournament, grab a #4 seed in NCAA's reach the sweet 16 and from there it's anybody's guess. GBO!!! :victory:

No sense predicting Tourny success/failure until you see a bracket. Even then, who knows with this squad? I can't wrap my mind around a team that chooses to play bad ball 10-15 minutes a game.

Win vs. South Carolina
Loss at Florida
Loss vs. Kentucky
Win vs. Arkansas
Win at Miss. State

#3 seed in the SEC Tournament
2 wins in the SEC and lose in the semis to make it 24-9 for the season and wrap up a #5seed

Sweet 16 and a 5-10 point loss.

SC=W
FL=W
KY=W
Ark=W
MS=L

3 seed SEC tourney lose in 2nd round

#4 seed sweet sixteen appearance

If at least the following doesn't happen, I will not be happy.

SC - W
UF - W
UK - L
UA - W
MSU - W

3 seed in SEC tournament.
Win game 1.
Win game 2.
Lose to UK in semis.

6 seed
First round upset loss to some mid-major with a guy who can stroke it from outside.

Coach Pearl tells us it's the first time in Tennessee basketball history we've been to the NCAAs 5 years and as an added bonus it's also the first time we've finished in the top 3 in the SEC East for 5 straight years. The Pearlites are pleased with above-averageness. He uses Ga Tech to receive another raise. People call those who question this decision untrue Vol fans and continue the propraganda that the only people willing to coach Tennessee basketball are Pearl, Buzz, Jerry, Kevin, or Wade and which of those 5 do we want.

If at least the following doesn't happen, I will not be happy.

SC - W
UF - W
UK - L
UA - W
MSU - W

3 seed in SEC tournament.
Win game 1.
Win game 2.
Lose to UK in semis.

6 seed
First round upset loss to some mid-major with a guy who can stroke it from outside.

Coach Pearl tells us it's the first time in Tennessee basketball history we've been to the NCAAs 5 years and as an added bonus it's also the first time we've finished in the top 3 in the SEC East for 5 straight years. The Pearlites are pleased with above-averageness. He uses Ga Tech to receive another raise. People call those who question this decision untrue Vol fans and continue the propraganda that the only people willing to coach Tennessee basketball are Pearl, Buzz, Jerry, Kevin, or Wade and which of those 5 do we want.

The only thing I disagree about is I don't think they win 4 of the last 5, and I'm not sure they'll win 2 in the SECT.

The only thing I disagree about is I don't think they win 4 of the last 5, and I'm not sure they'll win 2 in the SECT.

I forgot one thing.

Scotty Hopson announces he will enter the NBA draft saying that "he has proven all he can at Tennessee and is ready to take my game to the next level." Subsequently, I require surgery to fix my hernea that is caused by my laughing at Hopson.

Back when we had the thread about how we thought the Vols would do with 10 games left, I said 4-6 with a possible NIT bid....I'm five for five in my first five picks....My last five went like this:
@ South Carolina - Loss
@ Florida - Loss
vs Kentucky - Loss
vs Arkansas - Win
@ Mississippi State - Loss

If it ends up like this, I see an opening round loss in the SEC Tourney....If that happens you have the Vols at 20-11 and 3-7 in their last ten games (including the SECT)...Do they get a NCAA bid with that record ??..Will the home January win vs #1 Kansas be enough to get the Vols in ??

I say this game today vs South Carolina is a must win...I question the Vols mental toughness regarding road games..If you want examples you only have to look at the Southern Cal, Georgia and LSU road games....I hope I'm dead wrong and the Vols can at least go 3-2 and win a couple in the SECT..I'm just not real confident right now and the home game vs Georgia did nothing to raise any expectations...

VN Store

Back