Thinking about players we've lost..."What if"..

KnoxVillain

Big Orange Faithless
How much better of a team would we be right now if we had Duke Crews, Major Windgate, Daniel West, Ramar Smith, Tyler Smith and I'm sure I've forgotten at least one? We'd have a ton of depth if nothing more! It is a shame to see how kids throw away their opportunities...

Well Wingate would've graduated by now, and if we still had Crews, Smith, and T. Smith we would have never signed Daniel West.

But that would have been a lot of talent on one team. I don't know if all those personalities could have meshed.

Thanks Duke Crews, Tyler Smith, and Emmanuel Negedu (totally not his fault. God bless the kid) for leaving us with Woolridge, Pearl, and Brian Williams in the foreward slot.:cray:

*Obviously this isn’t possible due to scholarship limitations, but every single one of these guys was signed in the last 4 years and could be part of this year’s team
Roster with Zero Attrition:

Point Guard:
Ramar Smith (Senior) (Dismissed from team following Sophomore season; Faces theft and possible murder charges)
Bobby Maze (Senior) (Starting Point Guard)
Melvin Goins (Junior) (Back-Up Point Guard)
Daniel West (Freshman) (Academically Ineligible, Scholarship not renewed; playing his Sophomore season at Pensacola JUCO)
Josh Bone (Junior) (3rd String Point Guard)
Marques Johnson (Senior) (Transferred to NC State during Freshman season; playing Junior season at Georgia State)

Shooting Guards:
Scotty Hopson (Sophomore) (Starting Shooting Guard)
Josh Tabb (Senior) (Left team following Junior Season)
Skyler McBee (Freshman) (Back-Up Shooting Guard)

Small Forwards:
JP Prince (Senior) (Starting Small Forward)
Cameron Tatum (Sophomore) (Back-Up Small Forward)

Power Forwards:
Tyler Smith (Senior) (Arrested January 1, 2010 and pled guilty to gun charges; currently out of basketball)
Emmanuel Negedu (Sophomore) (Collapsed September 28, 2009 and had cardiac defibulator inserted the next week; his career is most likely over, but he remains on scholarship and part of the basketball team)
Renaldo Woolridge (Sophomore) (Starting Power Forward)
Steven Pearl (Junior) (Back-Up Power Forward)

Centers:
Wayne Chism (Senior) (Starting Center)
Duke Crews (Senior) (Dismissed from team following Sophomore season; currently a Senior and Division II All American candidate at Bowie State)
Kenny Hall (Freshman) (Reserve Center)
Brian Williams (Junior) (Reserve Center)
Phillip Jurick (Freshman) (Redshirted Freshman season at Tennessee before transferring to Chattanooga State CC; Signed with Tennessee-Chattanooga in November and will be a Sophomore there next season)

Last edited:
I couldn't remember the deatails on Wingate...Don't remember anything about Passley. But I forgot Negadu and Tabb. What a shame...

so it looks like west is playing juco, is he coming back or just going somewhere else?

If I remember correctly, Wingate's senior year would have been Bruce's 2nd season. But he was dismissed from the team prior to his senior year.

We could certainly use some of the defense and toughness that Duke & Tabb brought to the team.

I hate to think about what ifs, but it would have been fun to see Duke Crews and Cousins going at it Saturday. Cousins would have dominated him down low, but atleast we may have been able to see a fight. Same thing with Ramar Smith and Bledsoe.

VN Store

Back