Mcbee vs Bones

tnvols72

Jesus is alive
Id much rather see Josh Bone in the line up than Mcmiss,at least Bones can play def. I would rather see Maze and Goins in the line up together instead of Mcbee coming in for Hopson.Mcbee has no business being on the floor at all,cant play def. ,cant shoot but can get a loose ball rebound and foul.

You would rather see Maze and Goins in the lineup together... So, what happens when one of them gets two quick fouls, and has to sit for the remainder of the half? Do you make the other play the point for the entire half without a break? Or do you have some other great idea for a 3rd string point guard? They cannot play at the same time, they play the same position, haha. McMiss had the 2nd most rebounds last night too btw, let's not overlook the little things.

McBee actually did a pretty good job on defense and got several rebounds against UK. I thought he looked better yesterday than Hopson or Woolridge. He missed his shots, but so did several of the other guys. I thought his hustle was 100% better than the Hopson or Woolridge.

I don't mind McMiss getting some pt because of his hussle, but I do think Bone should be getting far more minutes. Bone is bigger , stronger, much more of a threat to score and fairly solid on defense.:eek:

Let's just resign to the fact we have a talent deficit. That way, we won't have to get all worked up about what combination of inept players will bear the most fruit.

You would rather see Maze and Goins in the lineup together... So, what happens when one of them gets two quick fouls, and has to sit for the remainder of the half? Do you make the other play the point for the entire half without a break? Or do you have some other great idea for a 3rd string point guard? They cannot play at the same time, they play the same position, haha. McMiss had the 2nd most rebounds last night too btw, let's not overlook the little things.

Tons of players play 30+ minutes a game. It's not as if we are pressing to wear our players down. They can both play at the same time. One can easily move to SG...nice haha BTW.

Tons of players play 30+ minutes a game. It's not as if we are pressing to wear our players down. They can both play at the same time. One can easily move to SG...nice haha BTW.

Yea, I tried to throw in a slight laugh. I think the risk is more to do with balance and foul trouble honestly. One could move to SG, yes, but I think what makes them both successful is 1) them feeding off one another in almost an on court competition 2) the ability to keep them fresh and always running full speed. I just think you run too big a risk of fouls or tired legs and with a thin bench and thinner talent. You have to very smart and calculated with your risk management, but hey I'll be stoked if playing them 1-2 pays off and I'm wrong; I want to see W's

Let's just resign to the fact we have a talent deficit. That way, we won't have to get all worked up about what combination of inept players will bear the most fruit.
Took the words right out of my mouth. There isn't a combination of these players that is going to fix the talent problem. Tennessee just has a weak bench period.

They were 0-2 this week. Where is the risk?

I just showed you the risk. Are you going to let the fact that they are 0-2 this week completely support your argument that Maze and Goins should be playing 1-2? Wow, way to show your true basketball insight there. Of all the factors on the team this year we are going to succumb to the fact that we played two very solid teams, on the road, and lost as our sole means of supporting the basis of Maze and Goins playing 1-2. At least somehow support your argument or else it's really nothing more than another person commenting, errantly, with no regard to the game of basketball, how the game is played, or simple basketball strategy. Thanks for more ignorant analytical comments.

You've mentioned this as a ridiculous notion a couple of times now, but I guess that Bobby Maze played the entire game when Goins was suspended for four games. I understand your concerns, but there was obviously other options during the suspension.

You've mentioned this as a ridiculous notion a couple of times now, but I guess that Bobby Maze played the entire game when Goins was suspended for four games. I understand your concerns, but there was obviously other options during the suspension.

Actually maze was only averaging 30 minutes a game during the suspensions. Prince and Bone were playing the point.

McBee actually did a pretty good job on defense and got several rebounds against UK. I thought he looked better yesterday than Hopson or Woolridge. He missed his shots, but so did several of the other guys. I thought his hustle was 100% better than the Hopson or Woolridge.

I'm glad someone saw the same game I did. It seems it is popular to bash him now, but I thought he played well.

Actually maze was only averaging 30 minutes a game during the suspensions. Prince and Bone were playing the point.

That's what I meant. I was being a bit sarcastic (probably unnecessarily). If they were able to play Bone or Prince there before, what's to say they couldn't again if playing the Maze and Goins together was beneficial.

That's what I meant. I was being a bit sarcastic (probably unnecessarily). If they were able to play Bone or Prince there before, what's to say they couldn't again if playing the Maze and Goins together was beneficial.

I agree, that could be beneficial if we could get a sort of 3 man rotation at the 1,2 spot with JP, Maze, and Goins... But then were hurt at the 3 with only Hopson and McBee coming in for him. A huge help would be if BW stepped up down low allowing for Woolridge's minutes to come at the 3 behind a mix of JP and McBee if we ran Goins and Maze 1-2. At this point in the season, I doubt we'll see it

Seriously. McBee was the least of our problems.

He actually had the highest +/- on the team Saturday night.

I agree completely that his effort and work ethic were vastly superior to those of Hopson and Woolridge. I think the problem is that, as you stated, what he did best on Saturday was play a little defense and get some rebounds. What makes him more dangerous than Bone is his shot. If he doesn't have that going for him, then I think it might be reasonable to say Bone could do just as well, if not better. He is a strong defender and seemed to work hard when he played. Again, not bashing McBee at all, I actually like the guy, but if his shot is what seperates the 2, and that seems to have left him for the time being, why not give Josh another shot?

Yeah, I think that actually might work if Maze and Goins were found to be productive together. If BW could give any minutes at all, then he Wayne and Kenny could pretty much hold down the 4/5 with Woolridge spelling a little here and there. Then you have JP, Bobby, and Goins at the 1/2. Leaving Hopson, McBee, and hopefully Tatum to take the minutes at 3.

well you better get with Pearl and explain to him what will happen cause he is talking about playing Goins and Maze at the same time.

I just showed you the risk. Are you going to let the fact that they are 0-2 this week completely support your argument that Maze and Goins should be playing 1-2? Wow, way to show your true basketball insight there. Of all the factors on the team this year we are going to succumb to the fact that we played two very solid teams, on the road, and lost as our sole means of supporting the basis of Maze and Goins playing 1-2. At least somehow support your argument or else it's really nothing more than another person commenting, errantly, with no regard to the game of basketball, how the game is played, or simple basketball strategy. Thanks for more ignorant analytical comments.

looks like you proved your theory wrong if indeed Pearl decides to go with Maze and Goins and nothing you said supports your argument and your basketball insight.Maybe Pearl needs to hire you as an assistant headcoach so you can give him your insight.

VN Store

Back