Scotty Hopson vs. Vincent Yarbrough

ejb8910

Both were huge recruits and at times I thought both could become good NBA players. What do you think? Similarities/differences.???

I think it is a very good comparison. I would take Vincent if I had to choose. I hope Scotty proves me wrong, but I just dont see it.

Vincent and Scotty as sophomores are about the same. We have the benefit of Vincent as a junior and senior in hindsight, but both are about the same.

We as UT fans need to accept the fact that Scotty will never be "the man"...hopefully the incoming class will have someone who has an ounce of intensity and the determination to be the man.

Last edited:
Both players are 6'7 and 200-210 lbs. I think their are a lot of similarities and I think both could take a game over but are too unselfish/scared. I wish Hopson would say-"give me the damn ball" more often.

Just for comparison's sake Yarbrough averaged 7.6 and 14.8 points his first two years, while Scotty has 9.2 and 13.0.

Yarbrough was a much better roubounder, which Scotty should match if he played with more intensity. Still, Yarbrough could mail it in with the best of them and his balls shrivelled up big time during the UNC Sweet 16 game, so I'm not sold he was "much better". Both have physical abilities they didn't/don't match mentally.

Yarbrough was a much better roubounder, which Scotty should match if he played with more intensity. Still, Yarbrough could mail it in with the best of them and his balls shrivelled up big time during the UNC Sweet 16 game, so I'm not sold he was "much better". Both have physical abilities they didn't/don't match mentally.

I was talking solely defense, but worded it poorly. Scotty is a much better offensive player because he can shoot much better.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Agreed, but you can make some headway.
Not that much. The guys I'm talking about A. would probably have never recruited him, or B. would have already told him to find somewhere else to play.

Not that much. The guys I'm talking about A. would probably have never recruited him, or B. would have already told him to find somewhere else to play.

Point A is likely why we have him. BCG really wasn't interested.

VN Store

Back