I will be glad when Cousins is gone

DuckRiverVol

He is a great talent but borderline out of control! He was immature and childish the entire game last night. Embarassing to watch. He should have been kicked out of their last Vandy game for throwing an elbow at another players head. Its blatantly obvious that the ref's are not going to call fouls on him... especially at Rupp. He needs to get to the NBA asap where he wont stick out quite as bad.

I will be glad when Cousins is gone.

He is very good, and we have to play Kentucky twice a year.

Last edited:
Anyone will look better than they are when the refs blatantly disregard their fouls and don't call anything on them.

Anyone will look better than they are when the refs blatantly disregard their fouls and don't call anything on them.

Not trying to start the proverbial fight, but if thats the case, why is guy ranked 4th in the SEC in fouls per game(3.2) and 52nd in the league in Minutes per game (22.5)?

The guy gets plenty of fouls called on him in Rupp, which anyone could see if they watched any of the games this season. (especially pre-conference).

He does have a bad attitude at times, and there is no doubt he plays below the belt sometimes. I understand why everyone hates him.

But the fact is he gets killed in the paint just as often as he doles it out, without a whistle.

Not trying to start the proverbial fight, but if thats the case, why is guy ranked 4th in the SEC in fouls per game(3.2) and 52nd in the league in Minutes per game (22.5)?

The guy gets plenty of fouls called on him in Rupp, which anyone could see if they watched any of the games this season. (especially pre-conference).

He does have a bad attitude at times, and there is no doubt he plays below the belt sometimes. I understand why everyone hates him.

But the fact is he gets killed in the paint just as often as he doles it out, without a whistle.
He's a good player. Last night when he jumped right into JP's back and over for the putback was a terrible no call. He acts like a 6'11" 4 year old sometimes

Cousins needs Cal do man up and protect him like Dale Brown did with Shaq, rush the court and take a swing at the guy he thinks fouled him too hard.

The thing about Cousins....

His talent is crazy.

His attitude is horrible.

He's 18.

I said and did stupid things at 20.

He does come off like a huge thug but I can take board games too seriously so his actions aren't that bad. Until he physically harms someone outside the game, he's just a kid who wants to win. Immature and acts like a baby but it happens.

Honestly though, I think he is on steroids. I think him freaking out is roid rage. He was good sized when he came in but he looked smaller. Less than a year later, he's grown 3 inches and gained 30lbs. That doesn't seem very natural. He may still be growing but it's been solid muscle, no fat. He's still fast too.

Anyways... there is a couple things I know at the end of the day. I hate Kentucky, DeMarcus Cousins is a beast/headcase and I'd take him on my team in the NBA.

Strength(Shaq), speed(Dwight) and mind(Rasheed).

As much as I hate Kentucky and dislike this "guys"(18) personality, he is ridiculous.

That is basically what he said in the Thread,So why do you repeat it.

Not at all true...one was saying they want him to leave because of attitude and the other was saying he needs to leave because he's better than the guys we have...

He does come off like a huge thug but I can take board games too seriously so his actions aren't that bad. Until he physically harms someone outside the game, he's just a kid who wants to win. Immature and acts like a baby but it happens.

He did sucker punch a South Carolina fan after the game!!

He didn't cross the line. He didn't play like he was worried about a win or loss though. It was all about him. When Cal talked to him he kept trying to calm Cousins down but you could tell who was in charge. Somebody like B Knight would have cussed him out and told him to sit down.

He & Wall are one-&-done at UK. Cousins is a basket case. Lots of talent, but when he gets to the NBA he'll either get beaten to a pulp (Artest) or shot in the locker room (Arenas). Regardless, it was fun watching JP Prince & the Vols getting into his head Saturday night. Great effort, though we missed a lotta shots.

The thing about Cousins....

His talent is crazy.

His attitude is horrible.

You know, I keep reading stuff about Cousin's attitude, and I'm confused. Aside from not seeming to like the guys he is playing against very much, what is wrong with his attitude?

The guy plays hard every second he's on the court. His progression so far has been geometric, showing he is working hard and learning the game. His production keeps climbing on offense, on defense, and on the glass.

I'm starting to wish that our guys had attitudes like that.

VN Store

Back