Dick Vitale

miggy4vols

Love God, Love Others
Does his voice make anyone else cringe? What about his love affair for John Wall?? Or Coach Calimari?? I finally had to mute my tv tonight to keep from throwing up.

The good thing about Vitale is you know exactly what he's going to say before the game starts.

I'm honestly not sure who he's more in love with...Cal or Pitino...Vitale talked more about Pitino than Coach Pearl and our starting 5 combined...what a toolshed.

Does his voice make anyone else cringe? What about his love affair for John Wall?? Or Coach Calimari?? I finally had to mute my tv tonight to keep from throwing up.

The guy's a do-do pure and simple. He said Scotty Hopson was KY Mr. basketball at least 4 times. Miller was KY Mr. Basketball that year and he rides the pine :eek:lol:

He was ripping Tyler Smith at the end which was un-called for IMO. He knows he messed up, and I'm sure hes trying to move on but Vitale calling him out in front of millions I thought was classless

I would rather hear someone raking their fingernails across a blackboard.

He was ripping Tyler Smith at the end which was un-called for IMO. He knows he messed up, and I'm sure hes trying to move on but Vitale calling him out in front of millions I thought was classless

Well when the incident occurred it was advertised all over ESPN for about a week so I don't think Vitale saying that couldn't have done any more damage to Tyler's reputation than what has already been done. He is going to have to prove himself over in Europe anyways before he gets a shot in the NBA.

It was slightly pertinent with us fading so badly at the end in part due to our lack of depth.

i can't wait until he is off the air forever. he might be a good man and he may be the face of college basketball as an announcer, but give it a rest. i too hit the mute when i hear his voice. can't stand him.

Well when the incident occurred it was advertised all over ESPN for about a week so I don't think Vitale saying that couldn't have done any more damage to Tyler's reputation than what has already been done. He is going to have to prove himself over in Europe anyways before he gets a shot in the NBA.

yeah, but ESPN was talking so much about the incident in the 1st half, you would think that it just happened a few days ago......I mean, it's been like a month ago or so, and that's all ESPN can talk about......it's definitely not good publicly to keep pounding this issue into the ground, IMO....

yeah, but ESPN was talking so much about the incident in the 1st half, you would think that it just happened a few days ago......I mean, it's been like a month ago or so, and that's all ESPN can talk about......it's definitely not good publicly to keep pounding this issue into the ground, IMO....

The sad thing is that's how people will define our season. It may not be fair but that's the way it's going to be. Everything we do or don't do is because of those 4 guys.

a lot of people might not like bobby knight, but i like his dry to the point analysis. he knows what he is talking about and doesn't say baby every 5 seconds. i would like to endorse him as a replacement.

I used to like him, but it seems now he can hardly talk above a whisper and seems to be rambling when he does talk. A little like Corso (a man I also grew up with and have affection for), maybe it's time to thing about retiring or coming in for odd segments now and then like Beano Cook. As an IU grad, I would love Bobby K (ie the General) to take his place.

The good thing about Vitale is you know exactly what he's going to say before the game starts.
"It's awesome baby!"
"(Insert name here) is a diaper dandy baby! He's gonna be something special!"
"Super scintillating sensational!"
"(Insert coach's name here) is awesome baby! He's done a great jobs with these diaper dandies"

That is the extent of Dickie V's broadcast analysis in whatever game he does.

I havent watched a game he has been involved with for a long time.....got tired of hearing his diaper-dandy crap.....dont even know if he still does it, but I wish somebody would shove a diaper up his......:shaking2:

Last edited:
I thought ESPN would show footage of the kids trial at halftime. Slicky V sounded like KY commentator...I also had to mute...

VN Store

Back