Scotty Hopson

zestyzoo23

In VOLS We Trust
Is it just me or is Scotty Hopson a roller coaster ride. He seems to be up and down in different weeks. This kid was the number 3 recruit coming out of high school, and has not played like the 200th best recruit in the nation. He needs to be more aggressive and attack the basket more.

Is it just me or is Scotty Hopson a roller coaster ride. He seems to be up and down in different weeks. This kid was the number 3 recruit coming out of high school, and has not played like the 200th best recruit in the nation. He needs to be more aggressive and attack the basket more.

The look on his face says it all for me. I don't really think the kid gives a crap.

He is so tentative. Reminds me a lot of Stanley Robinson from Uconn. Shows flashes but disappears. I think Bruce needs to run the offense through him and Chism and make it a priority. That will give him more confidence and I think he will excel

I hope Tobias Harris actually lives up to the hype. Not saying Hopson won't be a great player 2 years down the road, but the way people talked about him, he was supposed to be great as soon as he stepped on campus. I just hate to see a kid with so much talent play like this. I think he cares about what he's doing, but mentally, he's just screwed up and has been for 2 years now.

I hope Tobias Harris actually lives up to the hype. Not saying Hopson won't be a great player 2 years down the road, but the way people talked about him, he was supposed to be great as soon as he stepped on campus. I just hate to see a kid with so much talent play like this. I think he cares about what he's doing, but mentally, he's just screwed up and has been for 2 years now.

Scotty was hyped up because of his potential. Tobias already has the skill level. They both have totally different personalities as well. Scotty just doesn't give a crap while it is clear Tobias works hard and wants to be a great player. Tobias is easily the best recruit Pearl has signed.

is hopson that guy who hit that lucky shot at the end of the game to beat florida?

My point exactly, one flash of greatness. He was the talk of the town when he committed to UT and now is becoming a real disappointment. I think his morale and confidence is down and is not getting enough touches. He is a versatile player who can jump out of the building. He needs to be more aggressive and act like he actually wants to be apart of something.

Scotty was hyped up because of his potential. Tobias already has the skill level. They both have totally different personalities as well. Scotty just doesn't give a crap while it is clear Tobias works hard and wants to be a great player. Tobias is easily the best recruit Pearl has signed.

That's the most dreaded word in sports if you ask me. I heard Tobias was a poor man's Carmelo Anthony. I can live with that.

That's the most dreaded word in sports if you ask me. I heard Tobias was a poor man's Carmelo Anthony. I can live with that.

I'll go crazy if we can get that production. Melo put up a 20/10 at 'Cuse his frosh. year. If we can get a 15/7 from Harris, I'll be ecstatic.

unfortunately Scottie plays with none. The invisible man was a decent movie but doesn't work on the basketball court. Very disappointing.

I spent time with Scotty and his "handlers" before he went to UT (Paulding Cnty, GA). Believe it ! He was soft then playing against a 6'4" "obese" guy. They said he would "mature" at TN ? Scotty either needs to man up and take over, or become "Dale Ellis". It's really up to him, he's got the game for sure ! I think he is laying back (personally). I think he is playing weak to not get hurt and not be a big issue. He thnks he can go Pro on his potential (prolly right). He even said to me one day, I dont need College... I'm already in the NBA.... PC B&G Club '08... We did a charity event.........

I dont think he can dribble, seriously. He loses the handle on the ball all the time.

I spent time with Scotty and his "handlers" before he went to UT (Paulding Cnty, GA). Believe it ! He was soft then playing against a 6'4" "obese" guy. They said he would "mature" at TN ? Scotty either needs to man up and take over, or become "Dale Ellis". It's really up to him, he's got the game for sure ! I think he is laying back (personally). I think he is playing weak to not get hurt and not be a big issue. He thnks he can go Pro on his potential (prolly right). He even said to me one day, I dont need College... I'm already in the NBA.... PC B&G Club '08... We did a charity event.........
Bwahahahahahaha!

Not saying I don't believe you but that is freaking hilarious. I'd love to see him try and guard guys like Kobe, D-Wade, Paul Pierce, etc... Better yet, try and score on them.

Scotty will never play in the NBA unless he gets rid of his sorry ass attitude. He has one of the softest games I've seen for guys with his talent. He'd be nuts to go pro after this year.

Scotty will never play in the NBA unless he gets rid of his sorry ass attitude. He has one of the softest games I've seen for guys with his talent. He'd be nuts to go pro after this year.

Exactly. Someone just needs to beat the **** out of him. Maybe it will knock some sense into him. If i had his talent I would be working my ass off to be the best player i can be...

Pearl needs to jerk him out of the starting lineup. I don't know who'd be the 1 and who would be the 2, but I'm starting to think Maze and Goins would give us a better chance to win. Maybe it would wake Scotty up, but I just get a feeling that he wouldn't even care. Heck, once Cam gets back, I'd give him the starting 2 spot for sure.

Exactly. Someone just needs to beat the **** out of him. Maybe it will knock some sense into him. If i had his talent I would be working my ass off to be the best player i can be...

Me to man, I worked my butt off when I played and I had no chance of going anywhere to play. If God made me a few inches taller, gave me some athletic ability, and gave me better knee joints, I would have taken advantage of it.

He's just playing 1 on 1 against the other team's defense (5) when he gets a shot IMO.

Too tentative, can't dribble, can't finish, can't pass, and makes bad decisions. I could deal with all that if I didn't have to watch him just stand around and look like he didn't even care if he was in the game or if we won the game. If something doesn't change, the words Hopson and NBA will only be used as punchlines to jokes for years to come.

I gotta say sorry for those i said not to bash on this kid, he's been awful and he look like he jus doesnt care at all, and seems to play hard at will its absolutly ridiculous! Pearl needs to get all over him, and tell him to give it his all for UT 110% on gameday not jus what looks like maybe 50%!

What frustrates me the most is watching him stand out on the court during play and he looks like he is about to fall asleep. You don't think NBA scouts notice crap like that?

I have been saying this for a while now. I think the biggest problem with Scotty Hopson is he just isn't very good. He has all the measurables and athletic ability but he doesn't have a great deal of skill (shooting/finishing) and his basketball IQ isnt very high.

Me to man, I worked my butt off when I played and I had no chance of going anywhere to play. If God made me a few inches taller, gave me some athletic ability, and gave me better knee joints, I would have taken advantage of it.

yea i played AAU against him and he dunked all over me lol...least back then he looked as if he gave a damn...

VN Store

Back