Some thoughts on the game

bigorange34232

1. Why in the hell does everybody on this site stand up for Mcbee? He is terrible. How in the world he has a reputation as a shooter idk. The second he shoots and misses another 3 will be a second to soon.
2. Pull Woolridge's scholly. He is even worse than Mcbee. If he hits the rim on a shot it's a good shot for him. Play Williams at least he can rebound.
3. Chism steps up against the best big men. It's when he plays the nobody's he disappers.
4. We played a good game i thought and Pearl outcoached Caliperi.
5. Did we break a record for charges in this game? Absolutly terrible. Anytime any kentucky defender fell down it was a foul. The one on chism when he got hurt was the worse of the night. Defender was too far under goal and was not in position. That took away potential 3-point play.
6. Kentucky won't make it past elite 8. Cousin's immaturity will cost them plus they get no production from 3 spot.
7. We will win 4 of our last 6. I think we beat both Florida and South Carolina on the road. We lose to MS St and either KY or Ark.
8. Kentucky will struggle mightily next year. Their recruiting class this year is good but nothing like what's gonna be needed to replace the big 4.
9. Everybody get off prince's case he led our team's in rebounds,assists, and steals tonight. Everybody's boy McBee led us in most missed wide open three's. HAHA

I think you are far too negative... but it scares me that you share my thought that JP is one of our best players. Coincidence is what I'll call it.

1. Why in the hell does everybody on this site stand up for Mcbee? He is terrible. How in the world he has a reputation as a shooter idk. The second he shoots and misses another 3 will be a second to soon.
2. Pull Woolridge's scholly. He is even worse than Mcbee. If he hits the rim on a shot it's a good shot for him. Play Williams at least he can rebound.
3. Chism steps up against the best big men. It's when he plays the nobody's he disappers.
5. Did we break a record for charges in this game? Absolutly terrible. Anytime any kentucky defender fell down it was a foul. The one on chism when he got hurt was the worse of the night. Defender was too far under goal and was not in position. That took away potential 3-point play.
6. Kentucky won't make it past elite 8. Cousin's immaturity will cost them plus they get no production from 3 spot.
7. We will win 4 of our last 6. I think we beat both Florida and South Carolina on the road. We lose to MS St and either KY or Ark.
8. Kentucky will struggle mightily next year. Their recruiting class this year is good but nothing like what's gonna be needed to replace the big 4.
9. Everybody get off prince's case he led our team's in rebounds,assists, and steals tonight. Everybody's boy McBee led us in most missed wide open three's. HAHA

He's also a senior that hasn't figured out yet that he can't just go driving in out of control and not expect a charge to be called. He did it TWICE.

He'll be on scholly next year.

That charge call on JP Prince near the end was even was than the Chism one where he hurt his hip. John Wall flopped almost as bad as Greg Paulus when he fell over before the defender even touched him a few years back - not to mention John Wall was inside the "imaginery no-charge circle" under the basket. Not sure why it is a big deal to put the freakin' line there so refs don't make terrible calls like that - although it wouldn't have mattered if the ref was half decent - it was a no call flop.

He's also a senior that hasn't figured out yet that he can't just go driving in out of control and not expect a charge to be called. He did it TWICE.

Him driving is about a third of our offense. If he doesn't drive we just pass it around the perimeter and watch Woolridge or McBee jack up another load of crap. At least Prince tries to generate some offense by driving. He need that from Hopson and more from Maze.

Him driving is about a third of our offense. If he doesn't drive we just pass it around the perimeter and watch Woolridge or McBee jack up another load of crap. At least Prince tries to generate some offense by driving. He need that from Hopson and more from Maze.

There's a difference between driving and driving in control. Both of his big charges anyone with a brain could have called.

There's a difference between driving and driving in control. Both of his big charges anyone with a brain could have called.

At least if he's driving it opens up passing lanes. There's a 50% chance it could get called a block. That's a better percentage than McBee shooting a three which i'm pretty sure is in the negative percents. lol

I agree. Woolridge is terrible. Jack up some more 3's why don't you, and he's soft.

Terrible officiating. A couple of those charge calls were so bad I couldn't even believe the refs could make them. Two of them occurred with KY players basically standing under the goal. And how many times did they go over our backs with no call - Cousins punk a** body blocked someone under the goal and there was no call. BTW Cousins crys on every single play - he must get that from his whiny coach.

One last point, I thing John Wall is overrated. Don't get me wrong, he'll be great in the NBA because it's all about me-me and I know he scored some tonight, but I was not that impressed. Goins frustrated the hell out of him.

Not to get technical, but I believe Chism was 2-8 from behind the arc tonight, and I'll be more than 2 of his misses were "wide open". I love Wayne, but this perception that every broadcaster has (and is sure to voice on-air) that he's a great sharpshooter is just silly...

Perhaps if someone could convince our Forwards to play...I dunno...like Forwards (post up, occassionally wander into the paint, grab a rebound prior to it hitting the ground, etc.), we might have more luck. Seemed to work pretty well in the South Carolina game...

Dang I sure wish Wayne had one more year left. He and Tobias would have been a phenomenal one-two punch.

my thoughts:

1. Chism is a man among boys on our team, but he needs to chill out from behind the arc.

2. Scotty Hopson is playing SOOOO FAR below his potential that it makes me want to hit something.

3. Goins stepped up big tonight.

4. Mcbee is a joke. im sorry. yeah, the occasional three's are nice, but the dude didn't play a lick of defense all night.

5. Prince kind of suprised me, he played pretty well.

6. Why even put Williams in? During the 10 seconds he was in, all he managed to do was get completely owned by Cousins on a move that really wasn't that impressive.

7. Did anyone sit back and look at how outmatched we were? i mean seriously, UK is LOADED! Coach Cal got the win, but Coach Pearl is a much better coach.

8. You could take out ever bit of blue in that stadium, and just by watching the game, still know that UK was the home team. The charges were rediculous... all what, 7 of them? Cousins basically gets away everything that isnt completely obvious, and the refs honestly killed our momentum and any chance we had of winning this game.

CBP had the perfect gameplan for beating UK. the zone KILLED them offensively, and they really made no adjustments. I honestly believe (not being a homer at all on this one) that we lost this game because of some very bad calls mixed in with some bad defensive breakdowns toward the end right at the wrong time. The future still looks bright though.

2. Scotty Hopson is playing SOOOO FAR below his potential that it makes me want to hit something.

3. Goins stepped up big tonight.

7. Did anyone sit back and look at how outmatched we were? i mean seriously, UK is LOADED! Coach Cal got the win, but Coach Pearl is a much better coach.

8. You could take out ever bit of blue in that stadium, and just by watching the game, still know that UK was the home team. The charges were rediculous... all what, 7 of them? Cousins basically gets away everything that isnt completely obvious, and the refs honestly killed our momentum and any chance we had of winning this game.

+4! Especially on the officiating.

I think you are far too negative... but it scares me that you share my thought that JP is one of our best players. Coincidence is what I'll call it.

If JP would focus on all of the game EXCEPT shooting...he'd be great. Seriously. The only thing we want from him on offense is driving into the middle but ONLY when it is there.

Not sure why you are giving so much grief to players that are not suppose to make the highlight reel and seem so unconcerned about players that are suppose to make ESPN every time they play. Not one discouraging word about Scotty (Casper) Hopson. Maybe (Houdini) Hopson is more appropriate man he sure seemed to disappear last night. Does this kid have a backbone!!!

Hammy/Pearl need to lodge a formal complaint with SEC office re: officiating.
Might be true, but they do commit some dumb fouls. I'd say Prince has to lead the league in fouling people from the 3 point line. Some of those charge calls were bad last night though.

I agree with pretty much everything in the initial post. I think TN played pretty well given the talent gap. Didn't Vitale say UK had possibly four of the top 20 picks in the NBA draft? TN has two walk-ons (and they do have walk-on talent) and a junior college guy contributing major minutes. I've also been extremely critical of Prince over the past two years, but he is certainly improved.

Last edited:
Until the three pointers started falling for Ky I feel we played them very well. Coach Pearl has done an excellent job with what he has to work with. Next year should be very interesting.

Losers never ever stop whining about officals.the refs cost tenn. another game...bla bla bla

You're welcome not to be here. You're even welcome to add something useful, but I won't hold my breath.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

1) RE charging calls: It's time for officials to stop calling the charge. It's absurd. About 80 percent of the time that a charge is called when an offensive player is driving to the basket, the defensive player actually has moved into the defender--stepped in front of the driving player late (happens a ton) or leaned into the offensive player. But there is this LONG tradition of calling charges in basketball, and it kind of sux. And yea, I think that all officials everywhere are told this: When a player from a visiting team drives the lane, and a home-team defender flops to the floor, you must call a charge.

2) The Vols have been hurt by Hopson's slow development. If he were more active, more intense, a baller, this team would be decent. But he isn't and, without T. Smith, who apparently was keen to get his career in greece started, we just don't have it.

3) 3-point shooting: Not sure what the Vols trey percentage is for the year, but don't think it's very good. Impossible to beat a good team in college BB when you are a weak three point team. Vols shot 6 for 24--26 pecent--from 3-land last night. It's hurting this team--BAD. Lofton's three-point shooting alone made the Vols a dangerous NCAA team when he was here--it's important.

As long as Calipari is at yUK, and we can't win on the road consistently, we won't winning the east anymore....at least until probation comes to Lexington.

VN Store

Back