Bruce and his team are...

volsof09

Gotta have to do some soul-searching.This team obviously dosent have any leadership.They stand around to see who's going to be the leader.Sometimes I dont know who is the head coach Tony Jones or Bruce Pearl.Stephen Pearl and Skyler have to step up before SEC tourney time.Or we are going to get bounce by Vandy in the Semi-Finals or maybe earlier than that.Brian Williams has to step his game up offensively and defensively to give Wezzy some rest. JP. and Scotty have to step up and stop free styling.Woolridge has to stop making rap songs and start working on his shooting.This is what we have do IMO to at least see UK in the SEC Tourney Finals and at least make it to the Sweet 16.GBO

Dose anybody have anything to ADD?

Gotta have to do some soul-searching.This team obviously dosent have any leadership.They stand around to see who's going to be the leader.Sometimes I dont know who is the head coach Tony Jones or Bruce Pearl.Stephen Pearl and Skyler have to step up before SEC tourney time.Or we are going to get bounce by Vandy in the Semi-Finals or maybe earlier than that.Brian Williams has to step his game up offensively and defensively to give Wezzy some rest. JP. and Scotty have to step up and stop free styling.Woolridge has to stop making rap songs and start working on his shooting.This is what we have do IMO to at least see UK in the SEC Tourney Finals and at least make it to the Sweet 16.GBO

Yes, if two walk-ons stepping up will be what makes or breaks this team in Nashville then we are in quite a bit of trouble.

You can fix your on the court mistakes but you can't fix stupid, there's our problem right there.

We need chemistry and that is going to be hard to find. We are actually a better team without Tyler due to our makeup. But maze and or goins must distribute while the shooters shoot the rebounders rebound and the players play. That might sound elementary but to bball guys it will make sense. Heart, desire and planning can work
Posted via VolNation Mobile

When two of the starting five has zero basketball IQ, and another looks like a freshman on his first day in a 3,000 student High School, you are going to have problems.

I dont think we made that many stupid mistakes tonight other than Shot selection.

I'd say Prince not figuring out he can't drive in out of control like he did was stupid. He has to know they are going to call that charge every time.

I dont think we made that many stupid mistakes tonight other than Shot selection.

Yeah I agree it wasn't as bad as usual but they still act like they don't get it. Bottom line, we need to recruit, recruit, and recruit some more!!! We need some guys with high basketball iq and a work ethic.

And I'm not sure why this team needs to do soul-searching after a close loss to UK with no help from the officials. Vandy game? Hell yeah, we needed some soul-searching. Tonight's game? Not really.

And I'm not sure why this team needs to do soul-searching after a close loss to UK with no help from the officials. Vandy game? Hell yeah, we needed some soul-searching. Tonight's game? Not really.

+1.

We got beat by a deeper bench tonight. We hung with them until we simply got too tired to defend. Wall wasn't driving the lane all night until the end. That being said, Pearl and McBee should not be on the court for as long as they are. They contribute nothing. I know we are thin, but Williams only played what, maybe four minutes? When we get some depth we will compete for the entire game.

+1.

We got beat by a deeper bench tonight. We hung with them until we simply got too tired to defend. Wall wasn't driving the lane all night until the end. That being said, Pearl and McBee should not be on the court for as long as they are. They contribute nothing. I know we are thin, but Williams only played what, maybe four minutes? When we get some depth we will compete for the entire game.

I have no idea why Steven is getting minutes over Williams. It's time to put Steven on the bench...Also start Hall and Chism, bringing Woolridge and Williams off the bench

The team fought pretty hard. Soul searching and leadership are not what's needed; another scorer is. Chism, Goins, Maze & Prince all played well enough to win. Hall got some rebounds and played decent D, but really no one besides the above 4 stepped up. We need another scorer. The Hopson disappearance act has got to stop, especially with Tatum out. People need to stop referring to McBee as a 3-Point shooter if he doesn't start hitting some.

You know, as bad as hey look at times if they would hit some shots and free throws like Vandy, Ky, Georgia, etc, they would be undefeated. Why is our shooting so poor?

I have no idea why Steven is getting minutes over Williams. It's time to put Steven on the bench...Also start Hall and Chism, bringing Woolridge and Williams off the bench

Pearl plays 10Xs tougher than Williams, smarter, too. He's not a world beater and is a liability on offense, but he was solid tonight on defense and positioning. Williams got beat almost immediately by Cousins when he came into the game. Pearl actually stopped Wall from penetrating a couple of times, it was weird. Pearl still doesn't need more than 5 minutes a game, at best, but I'd put him in before Williams.

Williams is the type of player we don't have to get anymore, a big man who's a project. Yes, 4 years ago, maybe. We recruit guys with higher ceilings now.

It's crazy that we still run our game around the perimeter when we are a below average shooting team. It's been said over and over and over, but the guards need to get to the rim more

This team needs a few scorers, maybe another big man that can actually do more than give fouls. They were outmanned last night but hung in there for most of the game.

Pearl's ability is limited, but if you don't see that he outhustles Williams, you're not watching the games. Further, Williams is no offensive juggernaut.

Gotta have to do some soul-searching.This team obviously dosent have any leadership.They stand around to see who's going to be the leader.Sometimes I dont know who is the head coach Tony Jones or Bruce Pearl.Stephen Pearl and Skyler have to step down before SEC tourney time.Or we are going to get bounce by Vandy in the Semi-Finals or maybe earlier than that.Brian Williams has to step his game up offensively and defensively to give Wezzy some rest. JP. and Scotty have to step up and stop free styling.Woolridge has to stop making rap songs and start working on his shooting.This is what we have do IMO to at least see UK in the SEC Tourney Finals and at least make it to the Sweet 16.GBO

fyp

I'd say Prince not figuring out he can't drive in out of control like he did was stupid. He has to know they are going to call that charge every time.

That guy makes some of the silliest playes sometime. I really think Kentucky showed alot of weakness last night. I believe they will loose at Vandy and at Tennessee. And when you get in the NCAA tour. A team like the Orangemen coached by Jim B playes zone like that can beat them. When you got two walkons playing for you like Tenn does then its hard to beat a team of players thats headed to the NBA. And have someone to get in Cousins head and he cant handle it.

Brian Williams has to step his game up offensively and defensively to give Wezzy some rest.

He can't do this on 2 and 1 minutes vs Vandy and Ky.

Last year vs KY, Williams played 15&21 minutes, 9&7 points, 6&8 boards. Why is he on the team?

His last 5 games prior to suspension, averaged 8 boards, MOSTLY OFFENSIVE, on just 20 minutes a game. We are KILLED on size.

I really like S. Pearl...that was me in high school. Not as good, not as fast, but 100% hustle and effort.

But...that doesn't go very far vs Vandy and KY. It is a 5 on 4 game when he is out there. We are limited on offense as it is, and when they only have to guard 4 it is a joke.

Brian Williams needs 90% of Pearl's minutes. Williams' offensive talent, while not world class, is 10x what Pearl's is.

Goins and Maze need to be on the court at the same time.

Brian Williams needs 20 minutes, with Pearl getting just 2-3.

Woolridge is a liability. Tatum gets his minutes when he is back.

Put Chism, Williams, and Hall in AT THE SAME TIME on the bottom of the zone we played last night.

McBee -- if he isn't hitting the 3 -- is no better than I would be out there. Would rather have Bone in there, to be honest.

It's crazy that we still run our game around the perimeter when we are a below average shooting team. It's been said over and over and over, but the guards need to get to the rim more

It doesn't help getting to the rim if they're uncontrolled and go searching for contact against the tallest guy out there.

Home vs Georgia -- Chism should not play and get healed up. Williams/Pearl should take those minutes. We ought to beat GA at home without Wayne. If not, we have no future anyway.

I will say it again, we have a good team not great. The loss of Tyler, Ramar, Duke, Negedu and Tatum right now has hurt. Hopson has been really inconsistent. Prince is what he is(a decent role player), along with Maze and Goins. Hall is a freshman who will only get better. Expecting a significant impact from Mcbee as a walk-on freshman is just ridiculous. This team is nothing more than a tourney team that would be lucky to make it past the first couple rounds. With the losses mentioned previously Pearl was forced to go JUCO route and it hasn't worked out like he hoped. Lets ride this season out and continue to support our vols. Next year we have a great class coming in and it looks like we are putting together another great class for the next year. The future will be bright.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back