Very Impressed with Vols tonight

Wise-Vol

especially JP and the PGs and Chism.

We were severely outmanned, but the better team IMO. There is no way Tony Greene and his little white wannabe was going to let KY lose that game. 30 FT attempts to 13. No surprise there. The surprise was that it wasn't a blow-out. With fair officiating, our guys win this one. There is no place on the planet that the over-the-back dunk by Cousins over Prince is allowed except where it is a KY player in Rupp Arena.

Tony Green must live in Lexington. I bet the guy calls 75% of KY's home games. Every collision except 2 were fouls on UT, over the back and pushing was allowed by KY.

It's funny, but losing by 11 and getting screwed (as expected) by the Rupperees actually has me encouraged.

Cousins was pushing on Chism or whoever we had in at PF all game. That being said, I do not think that UT could have won the game based on a few calls by the refs.

I don't know if we win the game, but it would have been a hell of a lot closer. The worst non-call was Cousins elbowing Goins in the face on a screen for Bledsoe in the corner. I couldn't believe they let that one go.

We were severely outmanned, but the better team IMO. There is no way Tony Greene and his little white wannabe was going to let KY lose that game. 30 FT attempts to 13. No surprise there. The surprise was that it wasn't a blow-out. With fair officiating, our guys win this one. There is no place on the planet that the over-the-back dunk by Cousins over Prince is allowed except where it is a KY player in Rupp Arena.

Tony Green must live in Lexington. I bet the guy calls 75% of KY's home games. Every collision except 2 were fouls on UT, over the back and pushing was allowed by KY.

It's funny, but losing by 11 and getting screwed (as expected) by the Rupperees actually has me encouraged.

You forgot about vandy

But yeah, if you look at stats I heard from a kentucky fan this morning that they get 68% of the free throw attempts granted in Rupp. Curious how teams tend to foul a lot more than them on their home court.

I don't know if we win the game, but it would have been a hell of a lot closer. The worst non-call was Cousins elbowing Goins in the face on a screen for Bledsoe in the corner. I couldn't believe they let that one go.

Pretty much this.

It was the same story against vandy. We would have probably lost anyway, but the margin was helped out by non-calls and bs-calls.

I'm not blaming the refs on this one, even though they missed every over the back call and didn't know charging isn't valid under the basket. UK is just better this year because Hopson is lazy, Woolridge is garbage, & Chism was hurt... hide & watch when they come to TBA in 2 weeks.

Pretty much this.

It was the same story against vandy. We would have probably lost anyway, but the margin was helped out by non-calls and bs-calls.

Hat said it earlier this week, but when you played like UT did, you do not deserve to get any calls.

I'm not blaming the refs on this one, even though they missed every over the back call and didn't know charging isn't valid under the basket. UK is just better this year because Hopson is lazy, Woolridge is garbage, & Chism was hurt... hide & watch when they come to TBA in 2 weeks.

If Hopson was aggressive and attacked the basket hard, this team might be a Top-5 team. And I agree, when UK comes, we might get em'.

That's BS! The rules should be enforced consistantly for both teams no matter who they are or how they played.

That's not the point. He means that VU and UK got more foul shots than UT because they were more aggressive.

That's BS! The rules should be enforced consistantly for both teams no matter who they are or how they played.

I know what you are saying, but what I'm saying is that UT played lazy, and in return did not get any calls. It's not like they were crashing the boards, or attacking the rime, or being aggressive on D.

IMO if the Vols could just get their offense working together... and actually making the shots they throw up we would be unstoppable.. the refs do not have enough to do with it to make or break a game (tonights, at least)... We stole the ball over and over--- with no results (not enough to win the game-results).. we make all of these great plays on defense but are unable to complete them on offense. What's the deal with the Vols (football & basketball) in the 'red zone' aka score zone?!

was anyone watching the same game?
the three best players for k-y jelly in the first 30 minutes were wearing black and white uniforms.
B.S. charging calls X 3 were wipped off the score board that was 6 points plus the free throws equals 9.
One of the main reasons basketball is my least favorite sports to watch is the games is not called fairly.
too much home cooking especially at CO-rupt arena and candy land. In my opinion every charge or block should go to a booth for review. It might slow the game down but at least the B.S. calls would be corrected. just my 2 cents.

I stopped reading after "especially JP...."

was anyone watching the same game?
the three best players for k-y jelly in the first 30 minutes were wearing black and white uniforms.
B.S. charging calls X 3 were wipped off the score board that was 6 points plus the free throws equals 9.
One of the main reasons basketball is my least favorite sports to watch is the games is not called fairly.
too much home cooking especially at CO-rupt arena and candy land. In my opinion every charge or block should go to a booth for review. It might slow the game down but at least the B.S. calls would be corrected. just my 2 cents.

I thought the refs were worth at least 10 points for KY in the first half. I didn't keep mental track of it in the 2nd half, but it was clear that they gave KY enough BS calls and BS no-calls to swing at least 15-20 points their way.

the refs have to keep control of the game, for no other reason than to keep the kids from getting hurt. cousins was upset at the end of the game from being saddle sore. he mounted jp on at least 3 occasions to get to a rebound. the dunk over jp's back that sent vitale into orgasm was garbage too.

If you're a team that settles for perimeter jumpers, you are not going to get as many foul calls as a team that gets to the rim. Plain and simple. We, unfortunately, settle for outside shots

I'm sorry I missed the first half, but I'm not surprised that Kentucky got the calls from the refs. I don't know if it's our style of play or that Bruce has made the refs mad sometime, or that it's just home cookin' and they want to preserve Kentucky's ranking. But it seems we don't get the calls that the other programs do. Whether it be Bama or Florida in football, or Kentucky in basketball the refs seem to spin it in the direction they want. For example how many coaches complained about refs during the football season. We don't hear about it as much now, but it still clearly is an issue. And probably will remain one in the future. And that makes me sad that programs like Tenn, Miss, Auburn, Georgia, Arkansas etc. seem to always be playing behind the 8 ball when it comes to SEC refs. And the SEC, rather than address the issue, and look for solutions and fairness, likes to continue laugh it off and to pretend as if nothing is going on. If I were to guess and probably am unfortunately right, I would assume it's mostly about the Benjamins and TV exposure. Let's see what differences happen when Kentucky comes here, or Bama and Florida come to Knoxville next season in football. I will be happily surprised if something changes, but something tells me nothing will. Because it's not about fairness, it's about racking up championships and ever more tv money.

And the only way you can make certain that this will likely happen (it's not completely in the refs control), is to help your pet programs with as many calls as you can get away with. The Bama game this year is an excellent example of this. And if I ever see that smirking son of ..... ref who called that game, oh... hold on.... I will see him. I'll see him next year doing the same thing he did this year. Because when it comes to refs like him, in the SEC nothing ever changes.

If Hopson was aggressive and attacked the basket hard, this team might be a Top-5 team. And I agree, when UK comes, we might get em'.

I agree. I think Kentucky will loose at Vandy and at Tennessee. And i think any team with good players will beat them in NCAA tourney. Play a zone and dont get in a run and shoot with them like Tennessee did and they will go down. Plus in tourney Ky will not be playing at Rupp

JP ? LOLOLOLOLOL I thought Goins and Chism played well but not Prince. Heck, Steve Pearl is better then JP. Scotty Hopson needs to get a clue. Tough to beat a good team at home with the refs calling it one way. BUT we didn't help our selves either. One and done in the tourney unless Pearl can turn it around by the conf tournament.

Also does the team practice free throw shooting? Just wondering

Go Vols

I'm sorry I missed the first half, but I'm not surprised that Kentucky got the calls from the refs. I don't know if it's our style of play or that Bruce has made the refs mad sometime, or that it's just home cookin' and they want to preserve Kentucky's ranking. But it seems we don't get the calls that the other programs do. Whether it be Bama or Florida in football, or Kentucky in basketball the refs seem to spin it in the direction they want. For example how many coaches complained about refs during the football season. We don't hear about it as much now, but it still clearly is an issue. And probably will remain one in the future. And that makes me sad that programs like Tenn, Miss, Auburn, Georgia, Arkansas etc. seem to always be playing behind the 8 ball when it comes to SEC refs. And the SEC, rather than address the issue, and look for solutions and fairness, likes to continue laugh it off and to pretend as if nothing is going on. If I were to guess and probably am unfortunately right, I would assume it's mostly about the Benjamins and TV exposure. Let's see what differences happen when Kentucky comes here, or Bama and Florida come to Knoxville next season in football. I will be happily surprised if something changes, but something tells me nothing will. Because it's not about fairness, it's about racking up championships and ever more tv money.

When Ky playes a good team in the NCAA tourney that can play zone D they will go down fast. Just wait and see. Tenn showed how to beat them last night. Just dont have the players. That being said i think Tenn will beat Ky at Knoxville and i think Ky will go down at Vandy also.

People hate on JP, but quite frankily his off. rebounding keeps us in many games. There's so many games where our off. stalls and the only points come from a Prince putback. We don't hang w/ Florida w/o those from Prince.
I know he makes dumb plays like the fouling 3 pt. shooters and the technicals. But everybody that keeps thinking we're better w/o him is just saying that out of hate and/or are 1 of those people that always thinks the next guy is gonna make us better and never appreciates what's current. I mean I actually remember some TN fans saying how much better we'll be after Bradshaw leaves. Then it was after we get a taller and more athletic Lofton or Jujuan Smith... and when we signed Hopson I heard how we did it. People tend to focus on the negatives what a current player brings instead of the positives. If you are a student of the game and objective over a long time you will come to find every set of players will have a negative. These 4 recruits that are coming in next yr. that everybody can't wait for? Don't be surprised if you're hating on them next yr. ... why? Because some people will just focus on their negatives instead of their positives.

We're 18-6 and we just played the #2 team in the country at their place awful tough until the last 5 min. Even the announcers seemed shocked most of the game. KY talent wise is a team many say is as talented as any college basketball team in a long time and we played them well enough where people gotta say we have a good chance to beat them at home in 2 weeks. It's a good place for TN basketball to be IF you can just focus on the positves more then the negatives for a change. God, if we ever got rid of Pearl no good coach would ever wanna come here b/c of some of our dumb,hating,always skeptical fans...

Sorry for the rant... tired of the hearing the crap. Any black player that acts "loud" around here always gets hated on. Skyler Mcbee could go 0-20 on 3 pointers and still "deserve" more playing time according to many. It's just retarded. I wonder how Pearl even gets the high ranked recruits that he does. He wouldn't if they read these boards that's 4 sure!

Rant over lol

VN Store

Back