I'm glad I was right about Woolridge...

dashadyone23

When everyone was trying to defend him after the Kansas game. He is absolutely not a DI player. Hell, he's not really even a basketball player.

When everyone was trying to defend him after the Kansas game. He is absolutely not a DI player. Hell, he's not really even a basketball player.

Why are you glad you were right? As a member of the basketball team that you root for, wouldn't you have rather been wrong about him in this case?

First post on here. I'm tired of cheering for the losing team. We're always in the game until the end. What has happened to the us?

Why are you glad you were right? As a member of the basketball team that you root for, wouldn't you have rather been wrong about him in this case?

This.

I hate that Woolridge is as bad as he is. Why he continues to get minutes when he makes stupid decisions like jacking up corner 3s with plenty of time left on the shot clock is a mystery. He wouldn't be half bad if he'd just get rebounds and assists but he is absolutely terrible as a shooter.

Sorry, I guess I did phrase that wrong. Maybe I should say I am vindicated. I talked about how Woolridge didn't belong anywhere close to this team way earlier in the year, and I was bashed for about 3 pages.

His problem is that he is more interested in putting up youtube clips than he is about spending extra time in the gym working on his jump shot.

How do you get that out of my post? Just another D-bag trying to be cool? We were in the game until the 7 minute mark. Poor effort at the end.

Tennessee needs a real big man very badly.Not a scoring big man but a defensive big man that can block shots and rebound.And what points he gets is a bonus.Also a real point guard that plays ball hawking defense and passes the ball very well.

How do you get that out of my post? Just another D-bag trying to be cool? We were in the game until the 7 minute mark. Poor effort at the end.

Wow you don't have to get all personal with me. I'm just pointing out that if you shouldn't have got your hopes up. We're not the best, and Kentucky is just better. You've got to accept that you can't win every game. I'm glad our guys showed effort tonight, and no matter how many times we lose to Kentucky, I will NEVER get tired of cheering for Tennessee.

You act like we were a top 5 team

I don't understand the mentality of some folks on here. We weren't a top 5 team even before the suspensions and Tyler being kicked off the team, so why do people act like we should win every game, especially one on the road against a team that absolutely is a top 5 team. It seems some people need to get their expectations more in line with reality.

Tennessee needs a real big man very badly.Not a scoring big man but a defensive big man that can block shots and rebound.And what points he gets is a bonus.Also a real point guard that plays ball hawking defense and passes the ball very well.

You mean Tobias Harris and Josh Selby.

Tobias Harris better come in here and beat Woolridge's ass during the summer and fall. I do not want too see this guy on the court if he's not going to put in the work to get better. It is obvious he does not work on his game at all. I think he has surpasssed Prince as the most braindead player on our team as well. Maybe he should just quit after the season and work on his music career from there on out. I love Coach Pearl, but I hope he is finally learning that you need to recruit smart basketball players with good work ethics and not athletic guys who think everything should be given to them.

I don't understand the mentality of some folks on here. We weren't a top 5 team even before the suspensions and Tyler being kicked off the team, so why do people act like we should win every game, especially one on the road against a team that absolutely is a top 5 team. It seems some people need to get their expectations more in line with reality.

+1.

I don't like losing but I'd feel a lot worse if I was expecting to win this one. The sooner you accept that some guys are just better, the better.

+1.

I don't like losing but I'd feel a lot worse if I was expecting to win this one. The sooner you accept that some guys are just better, the better.

It's not just with the basketball team either. There are quite a few people over in the football forum talking 10-2 or 9-3 next year, or in some rediculous cases better than that. They're just setting themselves up for disappointment when the reality strikes that we're going to be a young team with little to no depth at some key positions. There was a lot to be excited about in hoops this year, but some off the court stuff and several injuries have changed the outlook, and people need to lower their expectations a bit to fit our situation.

As I've said before, Renaldo's a year away and I still wish he had redshirted last year. He still hasn't developed the mentality to play on the interior because he's been a perimeter type player who's recently sprouted from a 2-3 to a 4. He needs to hit the weight room and also work on his low post moves. He will still be a player for us when he does those things.

Haha. Thanks for the reality check. We aren't top five, I understand that. Point in hand is that we were in this ball game until the very end but you seem to be too passionate to hold our team accountable. I don't care who we are playing or what they are ranked, I am disappointed in the fact that we didn't stick to the game plan that brought such success in the first half. You seem kinda humble to get beat by UK by so little. I don't understand that. . .

Lol this is funny we just lost to a team that has atleast 2 if not 3 lottery picks in this years NBA draft and you guys are acting like the world is gonna end. They are on average the 2nd tallest team in college ball. They just wore us down with their depth which is what we use to do to people.

Rusty

VN Store

Back