Time for Pearl to outcoach Cal again

Shaun1985

Glad this day is here. It's time for Pearl to outcoach this POS pathetic cheater again. There are many MANY reasons why I hate Kentucky but Calipari jumped to the front of the line for reasons why I can't stand this team. UT by 10 +. I'll be glad to eat crow later but I feel pretty confident :)

And why do you feel confident? Seriously, I want to know....and I don't mean "cuz I just got a good feeling".

I have a good feeling because all this hoopla that kentucky is creating to put UT in not only a negative light but as an underdog with no chance. Remember we beat KU with little to nothing.

Hopson will step up and swiperboy will get his 3 back. All these people that are anti pearl constantly have to eat their crow when we beat a big time team. See memphis with Coach Cal
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I won't say that we'll win, but I'll say we have a good chance. We proved that we can at least play at a high level with that Kansas win. Whether that level will show up today is the question.

trees.jpg

IMO, Kentucky is the most talented team in the country. Tennessee's only chance is if 1) Maze penetrates and gets Wall/Bledsoe into some early foul trouble, 2) Chism/Williams/Hall are physical and stay outta foul trouble, and 3) Hopson/Swiperboy/McBee light it up.

The only chance of a Big Orange victory is for the Vols to RAIN 3's for the entire game. Need to make at least 14-16 while holding KY's 3 point shooters to a low percentage.

All these people that are anti pearl constantly have to eat their crow when we beat a big time team. See memphis with Coach Cal

I honestly don't get why some of our own fanbase hates Pearl so much. He has outcoached Cal more than once.

For us to win we have to get Cousins in foul trouble...With him out I think Chism can guard Patterson but I dont think Hall can. I think the biggest thing we need tonight is for Chism to play smart and try to get Cousins to get crazy early and pickup some early fouls...
Wall is good and he is going to hit his shots...But I think Goins and Maze can play well against Him and Bledsoe...
JP Prince has to have a big game tonight and not just with points but defense and assists with Chism...
I pray everyday that Hopson will play hard like he did against Kansas....Take the ball to the basket and draw some fouls...
AND PLEASE GOD HIT SOME FREE THROWS..
Go Vols..

This is obviously just an "I told you so" post in case UT actually pulls this off. I don't believe for a second you ACTUALLY are feeling confident. No rational fan would going to Rupp Arena after that pathetic showing at Vandy.

I have a good feeling because all this hoopla that kentucky is creating to put UT in not only a negative light but as an underdog with no chance. Remember we beat KU with little to nothing.

Hopson will step up and swiperboy will get his 3 back. All these people that are anti pearl constantly have to eat their crow when we beat a big time team. See memphis with Coach Cal

While I hope that we do pull a miracle, I think the idea that we're destined to win is going to cause more trouble. What if swiperboy jacks up those 3s and makes none of them (as usual)?

For those that are being extremely negative for this game tonight, what are your thoughts on playing Kentucky at TBA?

The only way we win by ten is if John Wall trips on his way to the arena breaking his ankle and simultaneously gives Cousins a concussion. That and a 20 year old Bernard King emerges from the tunnel of Rupp wearing orange.

For those that are being extremely negative for this game tonight, what are your thoughts on playing Kentucky at TBA?

A) Not being negative, being realistic.

B) I think chances are better to win at TBA but right now I still think we lose.

A) Not being negative, being realistic.

B) I think chances are better to win at TBA but right now I still think we lose.
Sorry, poor wording on my part. I meant those that are predicting very negative outcomes of this game. I agree, we will more than likely lose tonight and it is the realistic prediction. Just curious to see what those think the matchup at home will look like that have already marked an L for tonight.

The only way we win by ten is if John Wall trips on his way to the arena breaking his ankle and simultaneously gives Cousins a concussion. That and a 20 year old Bernard King emerges from the tunnel of Rupp wearing orange.

And we find out Lofton and J Smith have eligibility left.

Sorry, poor wording on my part. I meant those that are predicting very negative outcomes of this game. I agree, we will more than likely lose tonight and it is the realistic prediction. Just curious to see what those think the matchup at home will look like that have already marked an L for tonight.

Yet another "L".

Sorry people, but I don't think Cal can even screw this one up....Kentucky by 20+..........
hope I'm wrong, but Kentucky's inside game is too much to overcome....on the road, these Vols are very average...and that's being kind....at TBA....well, we'll see.....

.... Hopson will step up and swiperboy will get his 3 back. All these people that are anti pearl constantly have to eat their crow when we beat a big time team. See memphis with Coach Cal

People who criticize Pearl complain that his style of play will not take us deep in the tourney. How does a regular season win over Cal change that?

VN Store

Back