Would Scotty Hopson start for Kentucky

PineyBluff Vol

I was pondering the lineup for tonights game and just could not see Scotty in a starting spot for the talented Wildcats if he had gone to Kentucky. Don't get me wrong my soul is dyed in the wool Orange. However the way Hopson has performed, I don't see him breaking into that lineup.

Yeah if he started who would you sit down. He might be the 6th or 7th man on that team

I wonder if he would be further along as a player if he had been at another school... maybe not UsuK over the last few years, but another top 20 school....

That is something that should be said about McBee because he needs more room and time for his set shot, but Scotty was a McDonald's AA and is 6'7". He should be the one creating for himself as well as others. He came to UT to lead us to victory, not to be a role player. You can't coach desire, you can only recruit someone else with desire to take that player's spot on the floor.

Wrong. Head over to CatsPause. Even they say he would start over Miller. Hopson would thrive in the DDMO. He would be their 4th or 5th option but would definitely start.

Wrong. Head over to CatsPause. Even they say he would start over Miller. Hopson would thrive in the DDMO. He would be their 4th or 5th option but would definitely start.

I think being part of the dribble drive is actually being able to dribble, something that Hopson struggles with.

It's a tough call between him and Miller. Hopson clearly has more potential IMO, but he has yet to realize it.

Not only would I think Hopson would start but he wqould shine in that offense. Think about how much pressure would off him by playing with Wall and Cousins. At Tennessee he is usually the #1 or #2 focus for the defense, whcih means he is guarded by the other teams best defensive guard. At KY that honor belongs to Wall, who attracts the other teams best player.

Look at the Bulls during Jordans days, there's a reason Pippen was alot better when Jordan played then when he didn't. Same would go for Wall and Hopson. Until Pealr can recruit guards who can shoot, players with Hopsons talent will struggle at UT cause they will be a one man show on the perimeter

Darius Miller's resume...
Can he dribble? Check
Can he hit the rim on 4 footers in the lane? Check
Can he make most of his FT's? Check

Need I say any more?

Obviously you have not watched much Miller this year. He has been MUCH worse than Hopson in all areas except FT shooting.

Obviously a lot of you have not even been watching. Darius Miller has not started in over 4 games now. Darnell Dodson took his starting spot, and Deandre Liggins has taken all his minutes and plays more than either of them.

Hopson, for all his offensive capabilities, doesn't play defense at a high, aggressive level. Cal thrives on defense. Unless the effort was there, I don't see the two of them meshing well.

As for the Miller/Hopson argument, I still take Miller right now because of his consistency, and overall game.

Scotty needs to grow up and be a man! He plays great when we play teams like unc ashville or ut chattanooga. An open shot is a open shot no matter who u play, he needs to be consistent instead of such a head case. All we have seen from him is what he could be if he tapped into his potential.

Obviously a lot of you have not even been watching. Darius Miller has not started in over 4 games now. Darnell Dodson took his starting spot, and Deandre Liggins has taken all his minutes and plays more than either of them.

Hopson, for all his offensive capabilities, doesn't play defense at a high, aggressive level. Cal thrives on defense. Unless the effort was there, I don't see the two of them meshing well.

As for the Miller/Hopson argument, I still take Miller right now because of his consistency, and overall game.

Darnell has a huge upside, the young man is going to be a very good player not saying Liggins wont, but there's just something about Darnell I really like.

VN Store

Back