National Champs. . .

09dunbar

I woud have posted a poll, but i am unaware how to do that, so i guess i can just ask yalls opinion. Do you think Pearl can lead this team to the Title or even the Final Four during his tenure here at UT? I know he is a good coach but how come kansas, UK, and other teams can go a whole year with only losing 1 or 2 games, and we cant? When we lose, we play embarrassing. I'll Hang up and listen.

I think it's impossible to predict the future re: basketball, but you need some tradition and staying power in order to draw the talent to win championships. Now im going to make sex with my stepdaughter, I'll hang up and listen.

I think it's impossible to predict the future re: basketball, but you need some tradition and staying power in order to draw the talent to win championships. Now im going to make sex with my stepdaughter, I'll hang up and listen.

Classic:lolabove:

Honestly..............................

I don't think CBP can win a national title here at Tennessee. I see maybe an Elite Eight or a Final Four, but no championship.

Was this dialogue taken directly from Vol Calls?

:blink:

What?!?

He has to get the right ones in here to do that. Seems to me they cant shoot free throws, And JP Prince thinks he is Kobe or L.James lol I dont get that guy. Close game and we are in trouble this team seems to do what they want and at the worst time take a bad shot or have a costly turnover.

Do you think for one minute Patt Summitt would put up with any of this from her players. Like the Memphis game before tipoff JP Prince was danceing around and the ref told him to get out of circle

If Hopson stays to his senior year like many predict he may, I like our chances to make at least the final four that year:

PG - Golden (So)
SG - Hopson (Sr)
SF - Tatum (Sr)
PF - Harris (So)
C - Hall (Jr)

Bench - Ware (Fr), Jones (Fr), McBee (Jr), McRae (So), Maymon (Jr?), Woolridge (Sr)

And that's with no more prospects being added in 2010/2011 prospects being added, which is unlikely.

i for one think bruce is staying put here at tennessee. if he gets more of the caliber of players that Duke, UNC, UCLA Kansas and Syracuse those type of teams are after then sure. He will make a Final four. A national championship sometimes takes more than talent and coaching (LUCK) and who knows about that?

If Hopson stays to his senior year like many predict he may, I like our chances to make at least the final four that year:

PG - Golden (So)
SG - Hopson (Sr)
SF - Tatum (Sr)
PF - Harris (So)
C - Hall (Jr)

Bench - Ware (Fr), Jones (Fr), McBee (Jr), McRae (So), Maymon (Jr?), Woolridge (Sr)

And that's with no more prospects being added in 2010/2011 prospects being added, which is unlikely.

I agree that will be our year depending if Hopson stays that long (that will be decided next year) and if Harris is that big of a player his freshman year.I think Harris needs 2 years here before hes ready.

Honestly..............................

I don't think CBP can win a national title here at Tennessee. I see maybe an Elite Eight or a Final Four, but no championship.

I agree in theory... But once a team gets to the Final Four all bets are off, u can win the title at that point..ie. NC. State---Villinova etc.

So if you think he can get to a Final Four then he can win it all..

I dont think a Final Four is in his future unless he stays long enough to build a traditional power. ( He's Tryin)...

Kids need to see UT in the Sweet Sixteen and on TV over several years to accomplish that IMO>>>

Last edited:
I woud have posted a poll, but i am unaware how to do that, so i guess i can just ask yalls opinion. Do you think Pearl can lead this team to the Title or even the Final Four during his tenure here at UT? I know he is a good coach but how come kansas, UK, and other teams can go a whole year with only losing 1 or 2 games, and we cant? When we lose, we play embarrassing. I'll Hang up and listen.

next guy gave the answer:

I think it's impossible to predict the future re: basketball, but you need some tradition and staying power in order to draw the talent to win championships.

Tenn is still fairly new to the basketball scene as far as playing well, while these guys have long, long traditions of doing very, very, very well in this sport. Unfortunately basketball isnt like football where just like one really good class (and a half) and coaching can quickly equal championship

I dont know the future for pearl, but I will say he's done a great job with this program - getting it from perrineal 5th place in the east and NIT first rounder to making the tourney each year and being a team that starts off seasons ranked in the top 25

I agree in theory... But once a team gets to the Final Four all bets are off, u can win the title at that point..ie. NC. State---Villinova etc.

So if you think he can get to a Final Four then he can win it all..

I dont think a Final Four is in his future unless he stays long enough to build a traditional power. ( He's Tryin)...

Kids need to see UT in the Sweet Sixteen and on TV over several years to accomplish that IMO>>>

right we're doing well for sure, but we're not a power....that still takes a lot more time

Well according to Tobias Harris himself he wants to stay at least 2 years. I agree that the 2011-2012 season will be the year that Tennessee and Bruce Pearl will finally have the tools in place to compete for the NC, of course it remains to be seen whether or not they will actually win it all that year because several factors have to come to place, Scotty Hopson stays for a senior season, good coaching, good talent (which we will have), and a little bit of luck.

This team, no way they are too Jeckyl and Hyde. His team in the future, outside chance but not likely.

I'd be happy just getting to the eight round to show improvement -- though it won't be with this team.

There are coaches/programs that are great that haven't made the Final 4 (Gonzaga, Missouri, BYU) and then those that aren't consistently great that have (George Mason, Miss St, St Johns). Think about how long Syracuse took to win it all or how long it took Maryland to get to the Final Four. I'm glad that we are in the conversation every year having attended UT during the Wade Houston era....

I'd be happy just getting to the eight round to show improvement -- though it won't be with this team.

There are coaches/programs that are great that haven't made the Final 4 (Gonzaga, Missouri, BYU) and then those that aren't consistently great that have (George Mason, Miss St, St Johns). Think about how long Syracuse took to win it all or how long it took Maryland to get to the Final Four. I'm glad that we are in the conversation every year having attended UT during the Wade Houston era....
If you think Gonzaga, Missouri, and BYU have better histories than St. John's, you might want to consider a College Baketball 101 course. The game was actually played before 1998.

VN Store

Back