If I'm Pearl after this game

Wise-Vol

I make a statement about our poor rebounding, not valuing the ball, poor shot selection, and then I answer every single question asked with "we have to figure out how to get to the FT line thirty ___ or forty ___ times like Vandy (whichever it ends up being)." And I'd talk about that all week. Doug Sirmons is a POS no matter where we play a game -- at Vandy he acts like he's Stalling's b!tch.

Pearl can coach his players to fix their problems. Public statements aren't going to help with that. But if he doesn't start publicly embarassing the SEC regarding the way KY and Vandy get to play 8 players every time you face them at home, we will have to deal with it every year for the forseeable future.

I was happy that he got a "T" tonight. He better get one early Saturday night or KY will be shooting 40+ FTs.

And before all the weak-minded start apologizing for the officials by pointing out UT's serious problems as a team, this isn't a "ignore our problems as a team" post. Try to focus on the point.

You work on your team's problems starting with your talk to them in the locker room and at practice tomorrow.

But this is a big game at this level and it is about time Pearl learns something from Spurrier. FL got a national title under Spurrier in large part by what he had to say after his QB got hit late in their regular season final game against FSU.

If i were Pearl after this game i'd shorten my bench again. Half these guys have no business playing in the SEC or D1 at all.

I think it would be better for a massive snowstorm to hit Lexington and the game gets cancelled.

I'd make the pass the ball, instead of being ballhogs..Mcbee never gets the ball thrown to him but like 3 times. Then prince standing there with his hands on his hips

Whoa hold up. We dont want to go to the free throw line alot. If we would make em is one thing. they way we shoot the freebies it the same as a turnover with no time taken off.

Ha my coach would make us run for 2 hours.I would do the same thing,they would be running every step in TBA,about 20 big 4's,some reminders,and maybe some ladders.They gave up tonight and the score shows it.

I'd work the h..l out of the team....then I'd find a referee doll and stick pins in it, tear it apart and throw it away.

We stunk, no doubt, but LOTS of bad calls in this one. Not saying we'd have won, we just shot and played poorly...but the refs were a large factor.

The biggest problem we have is not at point guard anymore its that we dont have any consistent shooters on this team...Nobody who can stop the bleeding of another team hitting shots...If we get down we don't have the shooting team to come back..

You burn the tape and move on. It's a long season and knee-jerk reactions don't work. Just focus on Kentucky, then come back home and make it the goal to win at home. We should have 20 wins by the end of next week and we'll be alright.

You burn the tape and move on. It's a long season and knee-jerk reactions don't work. Just focus on Kentucky, then come back home and make it the goal to win at home. We should have 20 wins by the end of next week and we'll be alright.

Oh the reasonable message board poster, how I love them.
:thumbsup:

Whoa hold up. We dont want to go to the free throw line alot. If we would make em is one thing. they way we shoot the freebies it the same as a turnover with no time taken off.

I agree with that, I just don't want the other team going to the line 43 times. 43 times. We lost by 19 and Vandy scored 37 points from the FT line. 6 of Tinsley's 8points were FTs. 5 of Ogilvey's 11 were FTs. 12 of Taylor's 26 were FTs.

The biggest travesty in all of SEC BB is how abused Wayne Chism gets in the low post with no calls and then he blocks a shot on the other end and gets called for fouling the ball, just like the first whistle of the game.

This is what happened tonight:

1) We beat ourselves

2) The refs made that beating a blowout.

Work the team for their failures, but don't throw out the fact that the refs were hosing us. And I love how even when Vandy wins their fans overdo themselves. Seriously, "Lane Kiffin *clap*"? :eek:lol:

There's only so many times you can burn the tape and just move on.

Yes this week is tough, but good teams have to win tough games.

That's one reason BP's never has success is games like tonight.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

There's only so many times you can burn the tape and just move on.

Yes this week is tough, but good teams have to win tough games.

That's one reason BP's never has success is games like tonight.

You're right, Pearl has NEVER had a big win. Give me a break. It's a loss, you move on to the next game.

You act like there are so many "tapes" that need burned this year. 5 losses in 23 games.

Officiating was obviously a huge factor tonight but as long as we miss free throws and easy layups this will be the outcome. I don't want to bash bruce b/c I believe he has his merits but seriously how much playing time does woolridge need to prove he is incompetent.

This is what happened tonight:

1) We beat ourselves

2) The refs made that beating a blowout.

Work the team for their failures, but don't throw out the fact that the refs were hosing us. And I love how even when Vandy wins their fans overdo themselves. Seriously, "Lane Kiffin *clap*"? :eek:lol:

I agree. I'd be much more pissed (ironically) if we got hosed and lost by 4 or fewer points -- I've seen plenty of those in Memorial Gym.

Our goal needs to be to win 6 of our last 7; we don't beat KY in Rupp most years, much less with this bunch. Our best shot is to go 6-1 down the stretch and get that #2 seed from the East. Vandy could easily go 4-3 that same stretch with losses to KY and at Ole Miss and FL.

I'm not encouraged that we can beat FL, USC, or MSU on the road, but we definitely don't want to be in KY's bracket in the SEC tournament. One wonders when getting embarassed will wake this bunch up. By my reckoning only Maze and Chism even showed up tonight. Prince got lucky shooting at the end when it didn't count for much. Come to think of it, it seems the more points Prince scores the worse we get beat.

You're right, Pearl has NEVER had a big win. Give me a break. It's a loss, you move on to the next game.

You act like there are so many "tapes" that need burned this year. 5 losses in 23 games.

You miss the point. Aside from the Purdue giveaway, we've had to say burn the tap because the remainder of the Ls can't be used to teach anything. Ls should be learning experiences. Lack of effort made ours little more than confidence killers.

You can burn all the tapes you want, tonight's loss came down to a lethargic team getting their brains beat in. And they didn't have enough balls to step up and fight back.

Who does that fall back on? The coach who has never won anything when it really mattered.

Officiating was obviously a huge factor tonight but as long as we miss free throws and easy layups this will be the outcome. I don't want to bash bruce b/c I believe he has his merits but seriously how much playing time does woolridge need to prove he is incompetent.

The problem is you have 2 guys -- Tyler Smith and Negedu -- who would have been getting those minutes. Fans can talk about chemistry, but we are a better team with Tyler Smith playing PF over Woolridge and it isn't even close, regardless of chemistry.

I think Woolridge can be a good role player if we had a Coach who could or would make him play a role.

VN Store

Back