Case Study in Player Development!

Chilmonty

Obviously, ESPN HATES US!
Wayne Chism should be a case study in player development, which is what college basketball should be about but seldom is.
Watching Wayne development from an awkward freshman to the clear leader of this team, both on and off the court, has been a joy to watch.
He has become what we all hoped he would, a dominant defensive player in the paint and consistent scoring threat. Not to mention one of our best 3 point and FT shooters. And his charisma on the court cannot be underestimated for its effect on the team and the whole crowd. Seeing that big grin after draining a long 3 just gives everybody a charge.
Here's hoping he continues his climb and makes a GIANT check in the pros! :rock:
He, like many other TN greats, will be sorely missed next year.

Wayne Chism should be a case study in player development, which is what college basketball should be about but seldom is.
Watching Wayne development from an awkward freshman to the clear leader of this team, both on and off the court, has been a joy to watch.
He has become what we all hoped he would, a dominant defensive player in the paint and consistent scoring threat. Not to mention one of our best 3 point and FT shooters. And his charisma on the court cannot be underestimated for its effect on the team and the whole crowd. Seeing that big grin after draining a long 3 just gives everybody a charge.
Here's hoping he continues his climb and makes a GIANT check in the pros! :rock:
He, like many other TN greats, will be sorely missed next year.

+1 Excellent Post

I really feel the same way about Wayne. I hope that he goes on to be the first UT player in the modern era to represent UT in a big-time way in the NBA like Peyton and Eric Berry do for football. Yes, I am starting to hold him up like them.

Good post, Great Avatar... I think I'm in love! and Welcome to volnation.. wait I was looking at your thanks not your post... That avatar's got me all confused

Last edited:
+1 Excellent Post

I really feel the same way about Wayne. I hope that he goes on to be the first UT player in the modern era to represent UT in a big-time way in the NBA like Peyton and Eric Berry do for football. Yes, I am starting to hold him up like them.

I'm not quite sure he would be the first...but I'm all for him being a great NBA player!

Wayne will be sorely missed, he has really stepped up this year when everything happened. The only good thing about this whole situation is that JP will graduate also.

Wayne's always been a great post defender! When he came to UT a lot of his hype was that he was the only guy that really gave Greg Oden fits in high school.

I think that Wayne can be a poor man's version of Rasheed Wallace. He can stretch a defense, play spectacular post defense, while having the ability to post up smaller players, and give a team minutes at center and PF. Oh, did I mention that he also picks up a lot of questionable foul calls that could get his team in trouble (must have one negative, right?)?

I would only hope my Chicago Bulls will try to pick him up late in the 1st round. If the Bulls had a lineup of Noah, Chism, Deng, D-Wade, and Rose. They would be able to play excellent defense and spread the floor for Rose and D-Wade to penetrate! I would absolutely love to have Wayne on our team! I think the knock on him going into the NBA will be that he doesn't tend to play above the rim, but the Bulls learned with their Tyrus Thomas mistake that freak athleticism is pretty low on the totum poll when compared to basketball IQ!

ya he would definitely mesh nicely with the Bulls, giving us some flexibility in the frontcourt that we haven't had in a while.

Under the law of unintended consequences, Chism owes Tyler and Brian a huge debt of gratitude for their idiocy. He has been forced to elevate his game and the team has been forced to run the offense through him. That would have never happened with Tyler playing "point forward" and Wayne's roll being to clear out for Tyler. He has stepped up big for this team and hopefully for himself as well. If he gets a shot at the NBA, I hope he comes up big.

VN Store

Back