ESPN Gameday will be in Lexington Saturday for TN vs UK

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I have not seen this posted anywhere. This game should get a lot of national hype with the Gameday crew in town.

Last edited:
well I hope it won't be a Gameday national embarrassment! I hate to say it, but this team seems to have trouble putting up strings of impressive wins. So especially if we take care of business at Memorial, we prob won't be hungry enough to pull the miracle at Rupp. If we want an outside shot at Kentucky, we prob need to lose to Vandy again first so that we will be feeling demoralized and hungry again by Saturday. It pains me to say it, but this team has not shown the kind of emotional/passionate consistency to even think about getting wins in both of the next two. Of course I hope I'm terribly wrong about all this...

I think Kentucky at home is the time we beat them. I would like to beat them in Rupp though.

well I hope it won't be a Gameday national embarrassment! I hate to say it, but this team seems to have trouble putting up strings of impressive wins. So especially if we take care of business at Memorial, we prob won't be hungry enough to pull the miracle at Rupp. If we want an outside shot at Kentucky, we prob need to lose to Vandy again first so that we will be feeling demoralized and hungry again by Saturday. It pains me to say it, but this team has not shown the kind of emotional/passionate consistency to even think about getting wins in both of the next two. Of course I hope I'm terribly wrong about all this...

I really don't think losing to Vandy is going to make us want it more againts UK. We either want it or we dont. I can see saying a loss is like a reality check before tourny time, or before SEC conf play begins. But this is UK and TN..... If our players arn't hyped for this game, we have bigger problems. JMO

:eek:k:
I really don't think losing to Vandy is going to make us want it more againts UK. We either want it or we dont. I can see saying a loss is like a reality check before tourny time, or before SEC conf play begins. But this is UK and TN..... If our players arn't hyped for this game, we have bigger problems. JMO

its a chance to get a good road win. That Memphis win is looking mediocre at best right now. we all know that NCAA committee weighs Neutral sights and Road games heavier than home games as far as seeding is concerened. so for thsi post you get a thanks!

A road win @ KY would be huge. It could totally change the SEC race and our NCAA tourney seeding.

Hopefully this week isn't a disaster, Vandy will be very tough at Memorial and if Kentucky doesn't beat us by more than 15 I will consider that a victory.

I hope we can take it to Candy...then play a close game with Kentucky and give ourselves a chance to win it in the end.

That's all we can ask for at this point.

A road win @ KY would be huge. It could totally change the SEC race and our NCAA tourney seeding.

UK will blow us out at Rupp. Hopefully the Vols get back at TBA. Tenn needs the Vandy game---badly. 0-for 2 this week won't be good. UK by 20 on their home floor---just like last year. MOF, the cats did that at Knox too.
Cousins and Patterson will shut down the inside game, forcing UT to shoot the three-----not good. Just keeping it real. :popcorn:

This team has a shot if they play defense, not a very good shot, but the Wildcats did lose to a team we just embarrassed. It's not totally out of the realm of possibility.

This team has a shot if they play defense, not a very good shot, but the Wildcats did lose to a team we just embarrassed. It's not totally out of the realm of possibility.

Fluke---and on the road. Ain't happening. Bet the farm on UK.

UK will be favored by 13 at home vs UT----and by 3 at UT. Should tell you something.

Alot of you guys said that Kansas would kill us and we know what happened there!

UK will blow us out at Rupp. Hopefully the Vols get back at TBA. Tenn needs the Vandy game---badly. 0-for 2 this week won't be good. UK by 20 on their home floor---just like last year. MOF, the cats did that at Knox too.
Cousins and Patterson will shut down the inside game, forcing UT to shoot the three-----not good. Just keeping it real. :popcorn:

It doesn't matter if KY forces us to shoot threes or not, we are going to shoot them no matter what. For some reason we think we are a great 3 point shooting team.

Chism must play smart against UK. If he does, he can really get under Cousins' skin. Dude has several technicals this year, and has been very close to getting thrown out of a game.

I think if Chism can stay on the floor, then we'll make it close.

Chism must play smart against UK. If he does, he can really get under Cousins' skin. Dude has several technicals this year, and has been very close to getting thrown out of a game.

I think if Chism can stay on the floor, then we'll make it close.

Need to put big Brian in there with one purpose. And that to piss Cousins off and get under his skin.

OT: what kind of free throw shooting team is Kentucky?

I've said for a long time I thought we had no chance at Rupp, and while I still don't list it at great, this team seems to relish in the underdog role quite well.

However, if we beat Vandy and go 1-1 this week, I would be very happy.

Thats interesting. I dont know what they base their prediction on. They say we have above a 70% chance of beating Kentucky at home and a 51% chance of us winning at Rupp. I dont see the odds being that good...but I do think we will split. :rock:

Saturday (2/13/10) -Men’s Basketball - Tennessee at Kentucky - ESPN - 9:00p: This game is the start of the real meat of the conference schedule for the Cats. UT kicks off a gauntlet of tough rival teams that are either ranked or have been ranked at some point in the year. I can’t predict too much as this is written on a Monday and UT takes on Vandy at Vandy on Tuesday, but it seems like the loss of Tyler Smith is starting to wear on the Big Orange a bit. UT lost two straight before barely beating Florida at home and only besting LSU by 5. The SEC’s hairiest purveyor of ill-timed verbal gaffes will bring his ugly orange blazer into Rupp with a pretty decent squad but the Wildcats shouldn’t have a problem silencing Rocky Top. As an aside, as much fun as it is to hate on Coach Chest Paint, I like having him in the league. He is a good coach that doesn’t take himself all that seriously and makes basketball more fun to watch in general.

Kentucky Sports Radio Blog Archive The Week That Is About To Be

VN Store

Back