Recent statistics prove Hall deserves to start again and Woolridge deserves the bench

atxvol2010

I love Bruce Pearl, but it's time to start Kenny Hall over Woolridge, or Brian Williams for that matter. I don't dislike Woolridge and think he has a lot of room for improvement and will beneift the team next year, but Woolridge is 3/25 from the field in the last 7 games. I repeat 3/25, which is 12% from the field. Bruce mentioned some of the shooting statistics are untolerable and pathetic, well Bruce hit the nail on the head and Renaldo's percentages exemplify Bruce's concern. Additionally, Woolridge is playing 20 minutes a game and I can tell you right now it's not for defensive purposes because he can't rebound to save his life. Woolridge seems like a better player off the bench, much like JP early in his career.

In the last 7 games Kenny Hall is shooting 55% percent from the field, averaging over 6 points, close to 6 rbs, with only 20 minutes of playing time per game. Let's make some noise Vol Nation and bench Swiperboy because the statistics back up the fact he needs to be benched.

But they are averaging the same amount of minutes so one starting over the other doesn't really make much difference.Kenny should get more time but maybe Bruce puts Renaldo in early so Kenny doesn't pick up a quick foul.

I love Bruce Pearl, but it's time to start Kenny Hall over Woolridge, or Brian Williams for that matter. I don't dislike Woolridge and think he has a lot of room for improvement and will beneift the team next year, but Woolridge is 3/25 from the field in the last 7 games. I repeat 3/25, which is 12% from the field. Bruce mentioned some of the shooting statistics are untolerable and pathetic, well Bruce hit the nail on the head and Renaldo's percentages exemplify Bruce's concern. Additionally, Woolridge is playing 20 minutes a game and I can tell you right now it's not for defensive purposes because he can't rebound to save his life. Woolridge seems like a better player off the bench, much like JP early in his career.

In the last 7 games Kenny Hall is shooting 55% percent from the field, averaging over 6 points, close to 6 rbs, with only 20 minutes of playing time per game. Let's make some noise Vol Nation and bench Swiperboy because the statistics back up the fact he needs to be benched.

While I'm sure everyone agrees, make all the noise you want, we don't get a vote.:rock:

I like where you are going trying to get Woolridge on the bench but Hall isn't the answer. When Hall started with Chism on the floor it clogged the middle and didn't work well. Both Hall and Chism tend to get their fair share of fouls so it is nice to have only 1 at a time on the floor. We can't afford to have both of them on the bench in foul trouble at the same time. Who would we bring in bail them out? Woolridge?

Hall seems to perform better coming off the bench than when in the starting lineup; also as FittyElevem mentioned above- foul issues are also a good reason to start Swiperboy over Hall at this point...

Woolridge is 3/25 from the field in the last 7 games. I repeat 3/25, which is 12% from the field.

What's Woolridge's deal? There was a stretch where he was showing clear improvement, but that's gone down the toilet. He's been forcing shots and not hitting anything. He needs to get closer to the basket and take higher percentage shots.

I have a hard time accepting that you should pick your starting lineup based on who is less likely to pick up fouls. I'm pretty sure that games are won by scoring more points than the other team, and it seems rather obvious to me that Hall is a MUCH bigger scoring threat than Woolridge, at this point.

Kenny Hall is miles ahead of Woolridge but Pearl likes him for some reason. I trust Bruce!

Kenny Hall plays with toughness and physicality. We need him on the floor for as many minutes as possible. Love Woolridge, but his play of late has been hazardous to the Vols health.

The thought of Woolridge possibly matched up with Patrick Patterson scares the crap out of me.

The thought of Woolridge possibly matched up with Patrick Patterson scares the crap out of me.

Agreed. Thats why we need Williams back, which isnt exactly a major improvement but at least he is a large man
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I have thought the same thing. I think Woolridge is one of the worst post defenders in the conference. We'll have to hope Cal keeps Patterson out in the corner while Woolridge is in.

Witch Doctor say Woolridge inside is a pretty good inside defender(increased playing time) Witch Doctor say when he gets switched off to a smaller guard is when he gets in trouble. Witch Doctor say Woolridge will be good SEC player his junior/senior season..Witch Doctor say he needs to work on inside game(as he has)
Go Vol.
Bones never lie.

Hall is going to be a very good post player. Once he puts on a little size this offseason he's going to be tough to deal with under the glass.

Woolridge shoots too many 3 balls, needs to find a shot in the 15 foot and in range. He also could stand to put on some size in the offseason. Both have potential, but Hall seems to be ahead of Woolridge and Renaldo has been here longer.

But they are averaging the same amount of minutes so one starting over the other doesn't really make much difference.Kenny should get more time but maybe Bruce puts Renaldo in early so Kenny doesn't pick up a quick foul.

Hall's getting 5 minutes less a game over the last four games. Hall is the superior player and should be getting MORE minutes and not the same anyway.

Witch Doctor say Woolridge inside is a pretty good inside defender(increased playing time) Witch Doctor say when he gets switched off to a smaller guard is when he gets in trouble. Witch Doctor say Woolridge will be good SEC player his junior/senior season..Witch Doctor say he needs to work on inside game(as he has)
Go Vol.
Bones never lie.
But his iterior D can't touch that of Hall and Hall isn't that good at it yet.

72.4 % of people believe them whether their accurate or not...

22813-brian_fantana_nbsp_nbsp_nbsp_nbsp.jpg

60% of the time, it works every time.

But his iterior D can't touch that of Hall and Hall isn't that good at it yet.
Witch Doctor agree with assessment. Witch Doctor believe Bruce looking to next year with Swiper. Witch Doctor say Hall still working through freshman "fouling". Witch Doctor say no doubt Hall will be the man of the future. Witch Doctor say maybe Bruce looking ahead and trying to get the kid up to speed in situations where he can.
Bones never lie.

I like Hall off the bench simply because Chism gets in foul trouble so often. Now with Williams back that shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Williams is a better rebounder. Particularly on the offensive glass. Rebounding is going to be key against Vanderbilt and Kentucky. I wonder if Williams will see anytime? Plus I think he might actually be a better defender. We will need to be physical with Kentucky in the paint. Having Williams back for that game would be good for us.

VN Store

Back