Negedu

BigOrangeFever

Of course, his Basketball career is not the most important thing, when you consider that he was very close to death. However, our depth at the post would not be an issue if he were playing. He was another Duke Crews minus the Mary Jane and the bad grades.

No use in wondering "what if"....That'll kill you my friend.

The Vols are playing pretty well this season without him though...and oh yeah, there's that one guy coming in next year...

What's his name again? :)

Mr. Harris?

No use in wondering "what if"....That'll kill you my friend.

The Vols are playing pretty well this season without him though...and oh yeah, there's that one guy coming in next year...

What's his name again? :)

Mr. Harris?

What is Negedu's status at this point?

With his heart condition there is no way any doc will clear him to play organized sports ever again.

His career is done. No way that doctors will let him play again. However, he goes to all of the games dressed in street clothes.

My question is does he count against the scholarships for next year? I don't think he does but would like to get some input from some of you guys as well. I live in Baton Rouge and Bruce came to an alumni luncheon when UT was in town to play LSU. He said that with Tatum, Goins, and now Williams we were at 9 scholarships, plus 3 signed for next year. That would give us 12 so we would have one more to either award to a walk-on, to sign another player for 2010 or to wait on for 2011.

If I am correct, the 9 currently on scholarship are Hopson, Prince, Chism, Maze, Hall, Woolridge, Goins, Tatum, and Williams. That must mean then that Negudu is still part of the team but his scholly was changed to academic or something else that doesn't count against the 13 for the NCAA.

This is another big loss in depth that we hardly remember. He would have been a major contributor this year. I wish him the best.

His career is done. No way that doctors will let him play again. However, he goes to all of the games dressed in street clothes.

My question is does he count against the scholarships for next year? I don't think he does but would like to get some input from some of you guys as well. I live in Baton Rouge and Bruce came to an alumni luncheon when UT was in town to play LSU. He said that with Tatum, Goins, and now Williams we were at 9 scholarships, plus 3 signed for next year. That would give us 12 so we would have one more to either award to a walk-on, to sign another player for 2010 or to wait on for 2011.

If I am correct, the 9 currently on scholarship are Hopson, Prince, Chism, Maze, Hall, Woolridge, Goins, Tatum, and Williams. That must mean then that Negudu is still part of the team but his scholly was changed to academic or something else that doesn't count against the 13 for the NCAA.

they have to leave a scholly open because of the APR that the NCAA is doing penalizing for early dismissals that are not in good standing which are academic casualties. there have been several dismissals since Bruce has been here and they have to have the spot available because they are at the penalty stage. Jemere Hendrix, Tony passley, Marques Johnson, Major Wingate, Duke crews, Ramar Smith, & tyler smith all come to mind. if they had graduated or at least been up to requirements it wouldnt have been quite a hit. but if they leave early and are behind on that particular then UT gets an 0-2.

Great kid with a great attitude.It is a real shame but he is alive and many kids die on the court with heart problems he has

VN Store

Back