We will miss Chism badly in....

Unimane

post defense next year. Pearl might be exaggerating when he says Wayne is the best low post defender in the country, but not by much. His positioning is excellent, footwork solid and I can't remember how many centers tried to shoot it on the low post only to get it harshly blocked. He must have more blocks where he sends the ball stright to the floor or gets a jump ball than any player I've seen. I'm eager to see how he does against Cousins next Saturday, because that's probably the best low post player we'll see all year.

We will definitely miss that luxury next year because Harris won't be the same guy as Wayne is now.

We'll find out if Chism is the best defender when he has to guard Cousins. Dude is a freakin tank. If Chism gets in foul trouble, we lose by 20. If he can get Cousins in foul trouble, then we win a close one.

post defense next year. Pearl might be exaggerating when he says Wayne is the best low post defender in the country, but not by much. His positioning is excellent, footwork solid and I can't remember how many centers tried to shoot it on the low post only to get it harshly blocked. He must have more blocks where he sends the ball stright to the floor or gets a jump ball than any player I've seen. I'm eager to see how he does against Cousins next Saturday, because that's probably the best low post player we'll see all year.

We will definitely miss that luxury next year because Harris won't be the same guy as Wayne is now.

I would say Cousins with his size and the scary thing is he is a freshman and will be going to the NBA next year so we wont see him much. Ky has at least 3 NBA players in starting 5 Cousins,Wall,Patterson

Cal will probaly mess it up and Ky will not win the Ncaa championship but with the talent they have would be hard not to

Tobias Harris will be a big help.

Agree. My only thought was that, not that Harris won't be pretty damn good on his own merit & work, but it woulda been a nice scenario for him timing-wise to have been just one year older & have gotten to have his Frosh season under the tutelage of Chism. I'm sure Harris will be an immediate impact Frosh contributor, but I have no doubt that if Chism were around, he could have provided some vet pointers & tricks of the trade. Oh well. C'est la vie.

Wow I had to work and missed the game. The title of this thread almost made me wreck my car.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Like I said, Tobias will be a great player who does some things better and is more creative than Wayne, but Chism is a beast on low post defense. We will miss him a ton.

We'll find out if Chism is the best defender when he has to guard Cousins. Dude is a freakin tank. If Chism gets in foul trouble, we lose by 20. If he can get Cousins in foul trouble, then we win a close one.

true on the Chism guarding Cousins part, but on the other I think there will be a little more to the game than that...in case you forgot, they do have the best point guard in the country as well, and if our point guard play is poor it could get just as ugly...

We're not a bad team when Chism comes to play, if only he came to play every night.

You ever heard of VARNADO at Miss State. He leads the country in blocks. Although I agree Chism is an excellent player, and has really improved his game on both sides of the ball since coming to UT. I look forward to the develeopment of Tibias as well, but we will miss Chism at least early on. Go Vols Beat Vandy.

We'll miss Chism a lot. He's our most productive player since Lofton left campus.

Still, I look at Wayne and think that he's still underachieved. I think he has the ability to be a collegiate superstar, but has only flirted with it. I'm grateful we had him these 4 years, but I don't think he ever came close to fulfilling his potential.

I hope he can do it at the next level. The world isn't full of 6'9 250 lb men with Wayne's athleticism or the ability to shoot from the perimeter. I'd wager that he'll sneak into the first round of the draft when it's all said and done.

Chism will be missed next year for sure. But Pearl will undoubtedly reload with another talented big man.

VN Store

Back