Vandy Games: Post & Pre-Thoughts?

MemphisVol

I was only able to see half of the first game, and I never could satisfy myself about how much of the problem was an off night by the Vols, and how much was the 'Dores having the tools (bad matchup) and/or the right gameplan to take advantage of our weaknesses.

What're you folks' thoughts on the previous loss and what we have to do to get it right this time?

We need to guard Beal the same way we did Downey.

They are different players. Beal doesnt care if you give him the shot 5 feet behind the line because he can make that shot. Downey wont take a long 3ball, he will penetrate much more. I say step way out on beal and dare him to drive.

As long as we show up I'll take it, no matter the outcome. I just don't want a Wheezy no show and our team to be psyched out by Memorial.

Insert K. Hall into the starting lineup against Vandy. I think that is really important, because we need more strength in the post against Vandy and Woolridge seems to play better off the bench. I don't think Hall was ready the first time he started but he should be ready now, especially since Woolridge has not performed to the level we need him to on either side of the floor. K. Hall is a much better rebounder, defender and has high B-BALL intelligence. B. Williams is also back, so that will allow for Bruce to sub Chism and K Hall if one of them gets in foul trouble. Tuesday is a huge game, but I think Vandy is definitely going to be ready. Go Vols.

We need Brian Williams to step in and take some of the minutes that Stephen Pearl has been getting...

vandy is a good team and they beat the vols in knoxville ,but i think tennessee is the better team ,the vols were due to come down from the pirch they were on after beating kansas and the winning streak they had since tyler smith had been kicked off the team,the vols should be looking for payback for not playing in the second half in k town and as long as they dont go in and try and shoot 30 threes and get the ball to chism and get scotty more int the game and maze keeps playing well.and play good defense beal and the big white aussie

I hope all the idiots here who were talking about how horrible Georgia is when we lost to them caught that GA/Vandy score.

Vandy is going to annihilate us if we come out as flat as we did last time. No one respected "Dollah" Beal's shooting ability, and in his gym, he can shoot from the parking lot

UT can win if their defense is on fire the entire game and we are able to hit. Vandy can get frustrated by constant pressing defense and agree that Brian could be an asset in game. Seniors again will have to set tone for rest of team to respond to. Last year's win was sweet and would like to see imposssible of 2 in a row. Vandy fans will leave early good or bad even a 6 pm game.

What do we need to do to avoid another slow start? We don't need the game to get away from us in the first 10 minutes.

I propose a moratorium on any 3-point shots before the second media timeout.

Those 8-second, one-shot-and-done possessions kill us.

What do we need to do to avoid another slow start? We don't need the game to get away from us in the first 10 minutes.

I propose a moratorium on any 3-point shots before the second media timeout.

Those 8-second, one-shot-and-done possessions kill us.

Agreed 100%. The LSU game was a great example of what we can do to keep an inferior team in the game.

We need to start establishing a good inside-out game early on, trying to get the ball to Wayne or Hall underneath while opening up the 3 ball for our real "shooters" or lanes for Scotty and JP to drive.

It all seems so simple from the couch.

This game will be the most crucial game from a standpoint of where we wind up in the SEC East standings. Obviously, I think the UK games are more important to our seeding, but a road win tonight lets us at least control our own destiny the rest of the way considering we still have UK 2x.

It's truly getting crunch time now..we should have no problem getting way up for this or any other games the rest of the way..they are all very important. We should be plenty hungry tonight, don't you think?

VN Store

Back