Wow..Did ESPN Just say

Shaun1985

that Tennessee had the best half court defense in the SEC? Amazing. Never heard that before lol

It hasn't been their offense that's winning games for them. They play good defense when they want too.

that Tennessee had the best half court defense in the SEC? Amazing. Never heard that before lol

If you've watched UT play since the Memphis game, they have been playing damn solid half court D. Best in the SEC? I don't know. But top 3 for sure.

We blasted'em! I'm not sure what that means, but I am indeed a happy vol fan.

If you've watched UT play since the Memphis game, they have been playing damn solid half court D. Best in the SEC? I don't know. But top 3 for sure.

Who's better? MSU? I don't think any team in the conference can match our defense, we just can't score with any consistency. With that, I still like our chances this week against Candy and Kensucky.

As far as the broadcast commentary went, was anyone else getting tired of the endless Downey talk?

Sure he's a good player and all. But when we are up by 20 with a few minutes to go in the game, is there any point in them breaking down how many shots Downey has taken versus his season average? Give me a break.

As far as the broadcast commentary went, was anyone else getting tired of the endless Downey talk?

Sure he's a good player and all. But when we are up by 20 with a few minutes to go in the game, is there any point in them breaking down how many shots Downey has taken versus his season average? Give me a break.

Just think how annoying it would have been had the Vols been losing by 20....

In the 4 years of me watching Tennessee Basketball I don't think I've ever seen a better defensive team than this years Tennessee team.

First - we did play great half court D.
Second - the game plan was good and executed extremely well.
Third - worst half court offense by SC that I have ever witnessed. 4 assists for the entire game ---- ouch.

Statistically UT is not the best half-court defense in the league, but they ARE in the top three or four in almost each category, and there are very few points separating those from each other. They probably flip flop on a nightly basis.

UT is first is 3pt fg % defense, and Turnover margin at +5.

Its a good defense.

link, if your curious:

http://www.secsports.com/sport_stats/mbasketball/confldrs.htm

Last edited:

The commentators job is to make comments about each team. Downey was about the only positive for the gamecocks. There were plenty of comments about Maze's play---both on the offensive end and his defense of Downey. I thought they called it about right. Sometimes we look for bias that just isn't there.

That was probably the most complete game we have played since Kansas IMO
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Announcers were talking about UT's D and somebody was needed to pick up Downey's slack. They never stressed the fact no one stepped up because of UT's lock down defense. S Pearl's defense is impressing me as well as the total team defense.

I had more problems with the refs calling "ghost" fouls on us guarding Downy than I did with the broadcasters.

The commentators job is to make comments about each team. Downey was about the only positive for the gamecocks. There were plenty of comments about Maze's play---both on the offensive end and his defense of Downey. I thought they called it about right. Sometimes we look for bias that just isn't there.

The two commentators last night cover most of the SEC games and they're good commentators. Downey is good enough to get all that talk.

Announcers were talking about UT's D and somebody was needed to pick up Downey's slack. They never stressed the fact no one stepped up because of UT's lock down defense. S Pearl's defense is impressing me as well as the total team defense.

Thats because Pearl trained with the Israeli Defense Force this summer.

I believe that the suspensions of Tyler Smith, Cameron Tatum, Brian Williams, and Melvin Goins are somewhat responsible for UT's improvement on both sides of the ball. They play more as a cohesive unit, and not as a team comprised of one v. ones.

VN Store

Back