Thompson - Boring arena ....

Manvol

What's My Age Again?
no more!!!!
Well Volnation, for those who are attending the game tomorrow are you going to help support our players or are you going sit and stare at the court until the coaches beg you to stand?? The game vs. the lamecocks tomorrow is huge considering our next two opponents. The vols need an electric atmosphere from the get go. College players feed of the atmosphere of the crowd so yes you can have an impact over the game. Standing up and cheering is not disrespectful to the other players nor is to the people sitting around you. Go enjoy the game loosen up and have fun you may enjoy the game more if you just let loose a little. I don't want to hear you have nothing to cheer for either. This is a huge SEC game what’s not to cheer for. I had T's made for my friends that say on the back "NO, You Stand Up and Cheer!" so if you see this on someone’s back don't bother I will sit down when I’m good and ready or when were on offense. Go Vols bring the noise!!! :yahoo:

Love this attitude...if you wanted to sit and watch the game, stay at the damn house. Last two games I've been to, Kansas and Ole Miss, I was told repeatedly to sit down, which is just plain ridiculous. Unless you're in the student section you'll get yelled at. This is the biggest reason I don't make it to more games.

Great message. TV is a great place to watch a game if you want to sit down on your hands the whole game. Get up and cheer for your team people. :rock:

Look at Duke, I havnt seen not one of them sitting at anytime there ALL JUMPING AND GOIN CRAZY we need more of it, ALOT more, it help's with alot of thing's not jus our team to win,and get pumped, but recruiting, recuits dont wanna see fans sittin down they want everything to be electric. So get on ur feet not ur hand and cheer for ur team!!!!!!!!!

I dont get told to sit down much anymore. I do however get sick of seeing our players and coaches begging people to wake up and get into the game.

I can't count the number of times I heard the woman behind me and my brother say "I wish people would sit down so we could see" during the last 5 minutes or so of the Ole Miss game...I finally turned around and told her if she wanted to see she better get to standing....:rock:

Where's that dead horse smiley?

Hopefully this will suffice.

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I don't care if it is beating a deadhorse we have to Change the atmosphere one fan at a time then that is what needs to be done.

I have always thought a bigger student section would make our atmosphere a lot better. I've seen mid-major teams have student sections 2 or 3 times bigger than ours. I would assume it's not small because of lack of student support but because of $$$$.

I have always thought a bigger student section would make our atmosphere a lot better. I've seen mid-major teams have student sections 2 or 3 times bigger than ours. I would assume it's not small because of lack of student support but because of $$$$.

Well, for one thing, there are probably <1,500 students at that game, but since the gym holds 8,000, it appears to be a TON of students.
Also, it's not so much the lack of students at our games, it's the positioning of said students. If we had our students positioned like at Duke (all along the sideline), it would be consistently intense, and because of them standing, the rest of the crowd would have to stand. But since front-row seats can go for so much money, UT would be flushing profit down the drain.

hate to say it.... TBA atmosphere generally sucks. no comparison whatsoever to any other hoppin' program. KSU atmo DESTROYED TBA when they hosted #1 texas. KSU.... thats kansas state university people.... kansas freekin state. they haven't been to the s16 since moses.

Well, for one thing, there are probably <1,500 students at that game, but since the gym holds 8,000, it appears to be a TON of students.
Also, it's not so much the lack of students at our games, it's the positioning of said students. If we had our students positioned like at Duke (all along the sideline), it would be consistently intense, and because of them standing, the rest of the crowd would have to stand. But since front-row seats can go for so much money, UT would be flushing profit down the drain.
yep... what's the point of standing and cheering the whole game if you're upstairs... they need to get the students along at least one sideline...

Say what you will about the students, but it is true... they have little impact crammed into a slither of a corner and in the upper deck... Cameron Indoor rocks because the students line the sidelines.

We sold those seats off to build the Arena... so good luck with that!

I agree the intensity and noise at TBA sucks. When ranked Ole Miss and Vanderbilt came, the crowd was dead. It was embarrassing. If you can't get up and make noise for a top 25 opponent(in conference) then said people shouldn't complain about the team not making it past the Sweet 16. It's not like they care enough to help Tennesse win at home. The crowd just sits there quite when other teams are shooting free throws.

Tomorrow will be my first basketvols game and I can't wait. I've been to Neyland several times, but I have never been to TBA. I have noticed on t.v. that are crowd is rather weak though.

Say what you will about the students, but it is true... they have little impact crammed into a slither of a corner and in the upper deck... Cameron Indoor rocks because the students line the sidelines.

We sold those seats off to build the Arena... so good luck with that!

The students take one sideline and behind one goal. The other side and upstairs is comparably dead as TBA a lot of the time. At least when I have been there.

same with Neyland it is like that alot also. What is it about our fans that make them not cheer?

Rusty

I'm doing my part...I'm bringing 100middle school basketball players,cheerleaders,and some of their families on a charter bus tomorrow.We'll be upper deck but we will be loud.....

I'm doing my part...I'm bringing 100middle school basketball players,cheerleaders,and some of their families on a charter bus tomorrow.We'll be upper deck but we will be loud.....

That's what I'm talking about. Let those kids scream, yell and have fun. Go Vols..:rock:

I find it very ironic that the "Stand and Yell" crowd gets upset when they can't get the seated crew to stand, yet get mad if someone asks them to sit.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back