Is this Pearl's worst TN team?

BasketvolsFan

Despite the 17-4 record, this has to be the worst team Pearl has had at TN. The offense is terrible. It reminds me of the painful offenses we had when O'Neal was coach and we had zero offensive talent on the team. This team takes terrible shots, continues to throw up threes despite not hitting any, and has no offensive flow. If we continue playing the way we are now, we will be lucky to win any remaining games and some of the games will be ugly. The folks who were saying we are lock for the NCAA best re-evaluate things.

Despite the 17-4 record, this has to be the worst team Pearl has had at TN. The offense is terrible. It reminds me of the painful offenses we had when O'Neal was coach and we had zero offensive talent on the team. This team takes terrible shots, continues to throw up threes despite not hitting any, and has no offensive flow. If we continue playing the way we are now, we will be lucky to win any remaining games and some of the games will be ugly. The folks who were saying we are lock for the NCAA best re-evaluate things.

Last year's squad was worse.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Despite the 17-4 record, this has to be the worst team Pearl has had at TN. If we continue playing the way we are now, we will be lucky to win any remaining games and some of the games will be ugly. The folks who were saying we are lock for the NCAA best re-evaluate things.[/QUOTE

you have to be kidding me. this may be the dumbest thing i have ever read. Where you saying this when we beat kansas? i bet not.

I don't agree... the team's problem is that they play up or down comparatively to the competition. If the would play intensely all the time, I think you might feel differently, IMO
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Despite the 17-4 record, this has to be the worst team Pearl has had at TN. If we continue playing the way we are now, we will be lucky to win any remaining games and some of the games will be ugly. The folks who were saying we are lock for the NCAA best re-evaluate things.

you have to be kidding me. this may be the dumbest thing i have ever read. Where you saying this when we beat kansas? i bet not.

Gotta love the "we beat the #1 team" argument.

This is not the worst team but its the worst coached team , we have no ideal how good this team is because we never get to see the same team twice.the play down to the competition and its sad.they are hanging on to every win they get now.If I have said it once I have said it a 100 times,this is streetball at its worst.I like Pearl and everything but he has lost control of this bunch.but will they make the tourney ? probably , will they be in it long ? no way.

This team has a ****ing stupid Basketball IQ thats all. If we could get smart players that match the potential we bring in we would dominated in March.

Despite the 17-4 record, this has to be the worst team Pearl has had at TN. If we continue playing the way we are now, we will be lucky to win any remaining games and some of the games will be ugly. The folks who were saying we are lock for the NCAA best re-evaluate things.[/QUOTE

what were you saying when they beat the #1 team ? i bet you were saying this team is for real and going all the way?If you think this team is for real then your not watching tn bb.they will be lucky to win 1 game if they even make the tourney.

what were you saying when they beat the #1 team ? i bet you were saying this team is for real and going all the way?If you think this team is for real then your not watching tn bb.they will be lucky to win 1 game if they even make the tourney.

Depends on which team comes out: the "hustle and dive for loose balls with Chism doing work in the paint" team, or the "everyone float on the perimeter and settle for contested shots" team. If it's Option A then don't look at anything less than a Sweet 16 appearance. If it's option B, then don't be surprised with another 1 round exit

This is classic gloom & doom. There have been low points, to be sure (reference USCw and the Alcoa 4), and I felt the drumming at UGA was inexcusable, but to post this kind of rundown for a team that knocked off a 14-0, top-ranked KU team and has spent a good bit of the season in the top 10..well, it's just not a very realistic. There are reasons to be concerned but not disparaged.

No it's not the worst! They need to be more consistent, if that's possible. They also need to be more patient and not take too many 3's and work the ball around closer to the basket.

No it's not the worst! They need to be more consistent, if that's possible. They also need to be more patient and not take too many 3's and work the ball around closer to the basket.

This is possible. It just takes someone to enforce it

To me Tennessee is playing down to the competition and there is no chemistry.And i think goins and tatum may effect the other players.When they were dismissed from the team the other guys played with passion.Now they play with no energy.Just my thoughts.

This board is a trip and certainly never short on head scratching posts. At 17-4 and with a win tomorrow they'll be knocking on the top 10 door again. If this is his worst team then the man is doing something right.

This team makes terrible decisions with the basketball resulting in many unforced turnovers. They do not value their possessions in spite of now playing half-court offense. We have no one who can consistently hit the out-side shot and insist on continuing to shot it. There is no flow to the offense. I'm not saying this team is the least talented team Pearl has had, but that it is playing the worst basketball of any Pearl team.

I hate posts like this!!!!!

Did we lose to a top 10 purdue team by one point?.....YES

Did we get blown out on the road to two average teams(usc, georgia) who where playing out of there minds?....YES

Did we lose a game at home to vandy that we probably could have or should have won?..YES

But the reality is that we won on the road at memphis, which is always tough no matter how good they are.

We beat KANSAS which is not going to happen many times this year.

And we have quality S.E.C. wins against alabama, ole miss, and florida

Obviously this next week will show a lot about how good this team really is but I hate when people describe a top 15 ncaa tourney bound team as "worst".

Look at north carolina

I hate posts like this!!!!!

Did we lose to a top 10 purdue team by one point?.....YES

Did we get blown out on the road to two average teams(usc, georgia) who where playing out of there minds?....YES

Did we lose a game at home to vandy that we probably could have or should have won?..YES

But the reality is that we won on the road at memphis, which is always tough no matter how good they are.

We beat KANSAS which is not going to happen many times this year.

And we have quality S.E.C. wins against alabama, ole miss, and florida

Obviously this next week will show a lot about how good this team really is but I hate when people describe a top 15 ncaa tourney bound team as "worst".

Look at north carolina

Agreed for the most part, but in what world is Alabama a quality win?

Last edited:
So the guy writes a very good, detailed post and THAT is what you pull out of it? Reach much?

Any conference win is a good win.

Alabama is 13-9 and falling fast. That isn't a win we want to be hanging our hats on when it comes to selection time. Simply put, Alabama sucks.

However, had I disagreed with the rest of the post, I would have taken issue with it. I didn't so I argued the same point I have argued with about 50 other people on here. The goal is to allow people to realize that Alabama is not a "quality' win.

I'm sorry if the tone sucks, but is too much to ask for someone to write an entire post without claiming the same craptastic SEC West teams are worth a damn?

VN Store

Back