The Downtown Grill And Brewery Postgame Report.

hatvol96

1. It's a win. Good enough.
2. Wayne Chism did exactly what he should do against such an inferior opponent. Good job.
3. Bobby Maze was clutch at the end. I wasn't surprised because Baltimore products are tough.
4. Expect another one of these Saturday. In fact, expect the rest of the season to look like that.
5. LSU is the worst SEC team in a long time. I'll be surprised if they win more than 2 conference games.
6. I thought LaPhonso Ellis was going to throw up when they went to him at halftime. I like the fact he'll call bad basketball what it is.
7. Tom Crean almost has IU back. To be doing this without their best player is pretty impressive.
8. Maryland may win the ACC. That would be a crowning achievement for Gary Williams.
9. Paul Hewitt is not good. Nobody gets less out of future lottery picks.
10. This just in to the news desk. The PAC 10 sucks.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hat, what do you think the odds are of Downey putting up 40 against us?

1. It's a win. Good enough.
2. Wayne Chism did exactly what he should do against such an inferior opponent. Good job.
3. Bobby Maze was clutch at the end. I wasn't surprised because Baltimore products are tough.
4. Expect another one of these Saturday. In fact, expect the rest of the season to look like that.
5. LSU is the worst SEC team in a long time. I'll be surprised if they win more than 2 conference games.
6. I thought LaPhonso Ellis was going to throw up when they went to him at halftime. I like the fact he'll call bad basketball what it is.
7. Tom Crean almost has IU back. To be doing this without their best player is pretty impressive.
8. Maryland may win the ACC. That would be a crowning achievement for Gary Williams.
9. Paul Hewitt is not good. Nobody gets less out of future lottery picks.
10. This just in to the news desk. The PAC 10 sucks.

7) I would believe you if MHF hadn't told me that the bottom of the Big Ten sucks. (on a serious note, they are coming back. The UK/IU rivalry should be back on track in a few years.

10) Sucks is a kind word. I wonder if they will ever consider annexing Gonzaga and folding them into the PAC 10. Random thought.

Hat, what do you think the odds are of Downey putting up 40 against us?

Some of you are just dying to piss and moan. I understand it's more fun than being positive but #1 by the OP sums it up and is all that matters. Take it and move on.

Concise and to the point. I like your breakdown of the game. We had better play 100% better in the games to come or it's not going to be pretty. But a win is a win and I'll take it.

I don't give a crap if winning a conference road game is ugly. That's how it's supposed to be.

Some of you are just dying to piss and moan. I understand it's more fun than being positive but #1 by the OP sums it up and is all that matters. Take it and move on.

Look, I am glad we won the game. That was an awful performance, and I am not optimistic that we won't see a performance like that again.

I don't give a crap if winning a conference road game is ugly. That's how it's supposed to be.

I think LSU is the worst SEC team in years. That by no means was a good win. We just need to be happy we won and move on; there was nothing about that game that made me think we are getting any better.

Wouldn't put it past him.

Yeah he might just take that many. Best PG in the SEC and they need to find a way to contain him at least a little bit even though I don't know if that's possible.
Kid's a stud.

10) Sucks is a kind word. I wonder if they will ever consider annexing Gonzaga and folding them into the PAC 10. Random thought.

Interesting. That actually may not be such a bad idea. They don't have football, so it may not be so hard to make that happen. They could certainly win that conference this year, although that isn't really saying much.

Interesting. That actually may not be such a bad idea. They don't have football, so it may not be so hard to make that happen. They could certainly win that conference this year, although that isn't really saying much.

Its crossed my mind several times over the last few years, as Gonzaga has sustained the top 15 rankings with good recruiting classes. It would make the PAC 10 stronger, and I would think that Gonzaga might like to upgrade to a BCS conference. Though I could be wrong.

Though I imagine they would want to bring another team in, to make it 12 even. Its an interesting hypothetical anyway.

Few words and to the point....have you been drinking tonight hat?

Only thing I can add: with 2 more games in the next 5 days, it doesn't bode well that Chism had to play 32 minutes for us to barely get by the worst team in the conference. I'm sure Pearl was hoping for a blowout and a chance to sit the starters late.

Hat - I'm guessing you've given up on JP. As if the foul on the 3-pt shot wasn't enough, I loved the fact that he was actually calling for the ball on the last possession before Scotty was fouled. Thankfully, Scotty was smart enough to keep it in his hands to take the foul.

Only thing I can add: with 2 more games in the next 5 days, it doesn't bode well that Chism had to play 32 minutes for us to barely get by the worst team in the conference. I'm sure Pearl was hoping for a blowout and a chance to sit the starters late.

It appeared that the team just packed it in with about 10 minutes to go. They shouldn't be too drained after that.

For awhile there in the first half, I was worried that the combined point total wasn't going to crack 30 before the break.

Be nice to go into Vandy/UK week with a little three game winning streak.

Hey Hat, i was curious your take on the recent two week run the Bulls have been having in The Big East, Pure luck or do you think this is a team coming into their own?

VN Store

Back