Appy State BuzzBall Falls to King College

Velo Vol

Internets Expert
"King too much for Appalachian State, 87-76":
King College stormed over NCAA Division I Appalachian State (N.C.) University 87-76 Monday in the program's first win over the Mountaineers.

It took King 15 tries to beat Appalachian State, but that changed Monday for King. The closest King came to beating Appalachian State was a 41-40 setback in the 1941-42 season.

King went to 13-4 while Appalachian State has a 12-10 record after the game. It had been since 1986 since Appalachian State lost to a team outside the NCAA Division I ranks.

Oh, what might have been at UT . . . .

The best thing about Appy State is that The MIGHTY DALE JONES is still on the coaching staff there...

Has Michael Jordan helping with the recruiting at Appy State like he did here?

Wow!! That must mean my Alma Mater is really good then because they whipped up on King College twice this year. And that would be the Railsplitters of Lincoln Memorial University!!

Go Spliiters!!! WooooHooooo!!

In a related story, popcorn sales at App State are at an all time low!

Hard to believe that living in the same room with Michael Jordon could land you a job at an SEC school. Wow, Peterson was probably worse than Wade Houston.

My sister recently signed a softball scholarship to Bryan.

Good institution. Great people. Athletics? so-so. Soccer program is by far the most successful. I played bball and we had Vercel Wells, transfer from QS - Mizz. They must have just added softball as they didn't play when I was there. (06)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

To his credit, Buzz did recruit 2 or our sweet 16 teams. And he had a smokin hot Cherokee wife like me!:eek:k:

Good institution. Great people. Athletics? so-so. Soccer program is by far the most successful. I played bball and we had Vercel Wells, transfer from QS - Mizz. They must have just added softball as they didn't play when I was there. (06)

I thought King went DII.

And Wells didn't do jack at Bryan

Next time some of you feel like bashing Bruce just look up this thread and choke on it for a few minutes.

King did move to DII. I played baseball there from 98-02. They have a good basketball program going with Science Hill High School's old coach.

Hard to believe that living in the same room with Michael Jordon could land you a job at an SEC school. Wow, Peterson was probably worse than Wade Houston.

No.

I can't think of his name, but is the guy at King who was at Science Hill for so long and then went the Brentwood Academy when Bone was there?

Buzz has always been known as a great recruiter and excellent floor coach. I can clearly remember when he would call a time out at a crucial point in the game and we would promptly turn the ball over. Oh for the return to the days of Buzz ball.

Buzz has always been known as a great recruiter and excellent floor coach. I can clearly remember when he would call a time out at a crucial point in the game and we would promptly turn the ball over. Oh for the return to the days of Buzz ball.

If basketball games were 37 or 38 minutes long Buzz Peterson would be gearing for his 8th straight national title here. I never saw a coach find more ways to lose games after the final TV timeout.

VN Store

Back