"Overrated" (the chant/taunt)

UTHorsey

Pacific Northwest Vol
There is nothing stupider in sports than the "Overrated" chant. All it does is take away from your own (team's) accomplishment.

Yeah, Bob Knight summed up my feelings on it perfectly at the end of the Texas/KSU game on Monday.

The sun shines on a Dawgs @ss every now and then.....sums up a once in a blue moon win IMO.

I bet they storm the Court.... Why do we lose the games we should win and win the games we should lose?

Pretty sure we did it to Kansas, but I agree, its dumb and demeaning to your team's own accomplishment
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yeah. It really does take away from what your team just did. They did hand it to UT today though. But we will be fine guys. The SEC season is just getting started.

I say it's only tolerable when you beat A) An undefeated team (15-0 and Up) or B) The #1 team in the nation @ HOME

There is nothing stupider in sports than the "Overrated" chant. All it does is take away from your own (team's) accomplishment.

It's one of the dumbest chants in all of sports. It's like people are too stupid to realize what they are saying.

not really shocking from a fan base with a guy dumb enough to smother himself in peanut butter before the game.

not really shocking from a fan base with a guy dumb enough to smother himself in peanut butter before the game.
:eek:lol:I kept thinking of all the possible angles he was going for, and I just couldn't come up with one.

I'm fine hearing it. It means you are that much better than your opponent.
No, it doesn't. It means your opponent isn't as good as advertised . . . meaning what you just did by beating them wasn't that big a deal.

Chanting "overrated" is what dumb fans do when they realize they can't do the wave because they're already standing.

:eek:lol:I kept thinking of all the possible angles he was going for, and I just couldn't come up with one.

i figured it had something to do with dogs. not exactly anything i'd be proud to get my mug on the camera for.

i figured it had something to do with dogs. not exactly anything i'd be proud to get my mug on the camera for.
At the very least, it turns "Do you like peanut butter?" into a valid pickup line.

The fiancee was walking through the living room when that fool hit the screen. She said "What the f*&%$ is wrong with that guy?". I had no good answer. It had to be a lost bet or a fraternity rite of passage. Otherwise, he needs serious, serious help.

VN Store

Back